over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diagnosed with mild sleep apnea on home test

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi,
I did a home test for sleep apnea. It came back as mild with an AHI of 7. I have excessive day time sleepiness. I was tested in 2014 with the same AHI and diagnosis and at that time I could not tolerate CPAP. my pulmonologist at that time told me there is no evidence that you absolutely need to treat mild so if I dont want to use it thats fine.

Fastforward 8 years. I really want to get used to CPAP and be compliant. Can someone tell me the best protocol to just suck it up and get used to it. I know some people recommend taking benzos for a week to get used too... Looking for any successful recommendations.

Also did anyone that had mild sleep apnea notice an objective improvement from using CPAP?

You can put the mask and machine on during the day and practice with it or even try taking a nap with it.

Thc pre bed helped me relax enough to get used to it. And just forcing myself to do it until it became a habit. Best thing I’ve ever done
What were your guys severity?

Use it when you're watching TV, on Professional Muscle, on Instagram, etc. - that's the easiest way to get used to it.

When you go to sleep, work up in how long you wear it - start with 30 minutes, an hour, a few hours, and over a few weeks you should be able to wear it all night without issue.

Also look forward to how much better you'll feel when wearing it most of the night. You'll wish you'd started years ago.

My sleep apnea was bad enough that a few times I woke up gasping for air which is quite an unsettling experience. With my CPAP I usually have 0 AHI, on a bad night it's like 0.3.

I have severe sleep apnea. Use the mask!!!!!! You’ll thank me later!

Btw, I used Xanax for 2 weeks at .5mg to help get me started.

Cage

At first I'd lay in bed for a few minutes before I put it on because I hated it so much I needed to relax. After about a month I was used to it and put it on right away. Now, five years later, I wake up and don't want to take it off. FYI I have moderate and use the nasal pillows, not the full mask.

At first I'd lay in bed for a few minutes before I put it on because I hated it so much I needed to relax. After about a month I was used to it and put it on right away. Now, five years later, I wake up and don't want to take it off. FYI I have moderate and use the nasal pillows, not the full mask.
i can’t even fall asleep for a nap without it now

CPAP changed most of our lives. I've been with mine for 6 years. It took a few weeks to be 100% started with waking up and I had mask ripped off. The ramp up in pressure helps , now I go my full pressure up front and literally pass out immediately . Best decision of my life

Great desicion for me but I was 45+ events per hour with blood oxygen dropping into 80s. Took me 2 years to really get good at it. I need full face and have super high pressures. Didn't really have daytime sleepiness, was always high energy but GF at time brought to my attention. It's great for me events are btw 1-2 per hour now. Not sure if I'd bother at 7 events. I think 5 and under isn't even sleep apnea. Very marginal but who knows. Maybe you'd get better quality of sleep. I have a buddy that for the first 30 years wasn't even getting into REM sleep at night. Really helped him.

Mine was/is severe. I tolerated my mask pretty quickly. Mind over matter.
I told myself that if people can put something in or over their mouth and dive 100’ under water then I can damn sure figure out how to lay in my bed and do it.

I'm still fairly new. I really struggled with the exhale. Time was the biggest thing that helped. If you struggle with the exhale turning on the EPR setting helps. Also nasal mask was easier for me to exhale than nasal pillows.

I'm still fairly new. I really struggled with the exhale. Time was the biggest thing that helped. If you struggle with the exhale turning on the EPR setting helps. Also nasal mask was easier for me to exhale than nasal pillows.
Getting used to exhaling was also my biggest challenge - it's a very weird sensation at first. I'm guess EPR is the ramp setting on your machine and that can be useful. It's also why I advocate wearing it during routine activities so you get used to it.

Mask is definitely a big factor - nasal pillows are what I like.

I have severe sleep apnea. Use the mask!!!!!! You’ll thank me later!

Btw, I used Xanax for 2 weeks at .5mg to help get me started.

Cage
The Xanax was temporary and you were able to stop right away without any withdrawals? After 2 weeks?

For myself yes. However years later I began taking Xanax again for anxiety issues. Still take it today. I only take 1 tablet a day, been doing it now for maybe ~8 years or so.

Everyone is different though so tread cautiously if addictive traits run in your family.

Cage

Is there a brand of autopap anyone recommends? Should I just buy it or use my insurance first and have them pay for it

Is there a brand of autopap anyone recommends? Should I just buy it or use my insurance first and have them pay for it
Resmed10. I find them on Craigslist around 3-400 bucks regularly. You’ll pay around 1000 with insurance

My DME called today. That said there’s a back order on the auto pap machines. Should I buy some other brand temporarily?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws