over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pull-Up Bar At The Army Booth @ State Fair

old timer

Registered
There were three active military guys working the booth at the state fair today and they had a pull-up bar in the booth. My wrists are a little wonky and I haven't done legit pull-ups in years. Instead, I use rings. I can get a 12-13 on the rings where I pause after each rep to keep from swinging because if I don't the swinging gets progressively worse. After watching a 14-15 year old skinny kid knock out a legit 7-8 (probably MUCH more than the average kid his age). I asked if old guys can try too, and they said yes. I was quite surprised when I got 17 and then 18 with good form (no pausing between reps) and managed two more that were okay to less-than-ok form.

I think I expected everyone for 5 booths in both directions to stop and start counting after rep 15 and then maybe after the 20th one a couple of guys would put me on their shoulders and carry me around while everyone applauded my greatness and an announcer on the P.A. system told the rest of the South Wing about this accomplishment (100% kidding :p). But my wife was impressed, the grandmother of the 14-15 year old kid was impressed, and MAYBE one of the three military guys were impressed, but the two were putting off the vibe "now beat it old man. We're trying to recruit here," which I get . . .

. . . but it still feels good for this grey bearded 55 year old to do that :D

There were three active military guys working the booth at the state fair today and they had a pull-up bar in the booth. My wrists are a little wonky and I haven't done legit pull-ups in years. Instead, I use rings. I can get a 12-13 on the rings where I pause after each rep to keep from swinging because if I don't the swinging gets progressively worse. After watching a 14-15 year old skinny kid knock out a legit 7-8 (probably MUCH more than the average kid his age). I asked if old guys can try too, and they said yes. I was quite surprised when I got 17 and then 18 with good form (no pausing between reps) and managed two more that were okay to less-than-ok form.

I think I expected everyone for 5 booths in both directions to stop and start counting after rep 15 and then maybe after the 20th one a couple of guys would put me on their shoulders and carry me around while everyone applauded my greatness and an announcer on the P.A. system told the rest of the South Wing about this accomplishment (100% kidding :p). But my wife was impressed, the grandmother of the 14-15 year old kid was impressed, and MAYBE one of the three military guys were impressed, but the two were putting off the vibe "now beat it old man. We're trying to recruit here," which I get . . .

. . . but it still feels good for this grey bearded 55 year old to do that :D
Man, I remember when I was 15 I couldn’t do pull-ups so I got a doorway pull-up bar for every door way in my parents house from my room to the kitchen and in the garage..every time I walked through one I had to go to failure.

By the time I was 17 I could do pull-ups all fucking day..even now I’m pretty good at pull-ups and still have a few door way bars set up

Get it! Show the youngbloods ya still got gas in the tank!

Cage

they're just salty because you're fit as a fiddle, but too old to join

with half the population being obese, they don't have a massive talent pool to draw from

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131