over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rest pause and delts

Yep you can’t continuously get stronger indefinitely. No one saying you can.
There’s a reason we don’t have 1000lb monsters waking around picking up buildings.
You can’t just continually add sets either.
Eventually you’ll stop growing.
Mechanical tension is the driver of growth.
There are 3 drivers of growth; mechanical tension, metabolic stress, and tissue breakdown.

Metabolic stress and damage have been disproven.

Metabolic stress and damage have been disproven.
Yes, “Metabolic stress and damage have been disproven.” and proven to be counterproductive.

2 of those are caused by mechanical tension. Without mechanical tension. the primary driver of growth…. There is no growth
I agree! Exercise volume and mechanical tension creates muscle damage. This results in the muscles adapting and getting bigger over time. Consistency with training is key.

I agree! Exercise volume and mechanical tension creates muscle damage. This results in the muscles adapting and getting bigger over time. Consistency with training is key.
No nothing to do with volume. It’s simply mechanical tension.
Volume has nothing to do with mechanical tension.
It’s nothing to do with muscle damage. The muscles are not torn down and built back stronger.

No nothing to do with volume. It’s simply mechanical tension.
Volume has nothing to do with mechanical tension.
It’s nothing to do with muscle damage. The muscles are not torn down and built back stronger.
I strongly disagree that building muscle has nothing to do with training volume. If that were true, we could all do 1 all out rep on the bench press once a week and max out our genetic potential for chest development. It requires a certain amount of volume to send the signal for protein synthesis to occur.

I strongly disagree that building muscle has nothing to do with training volume. If that were true, we could all do 1 all out rep on the bench press once a week and max out our genetic potential for chest development. It requires a certain amount of volume to send the signal for protein synthesis to occur.
Sure 5 effective reps.
But muscle can built with 1-4 as well.
You can 5 reps or 20reps to failure and those 5reps, the last 5 are the ones that are eliciting hypertrophy

Sure 5 effective reps.
But muscle can built with 1-4 as well.
You can 5 reps or 20reps to failure and those 5reps, the last 5 are the ones that are eliciting hypertrophy
I agree 💯%! And when we train our muscles we damage the cells in the muscle fibers, and this signals the body to increase protein synthesis rates to repair the damage.There are a few other things that occur inside the muscle cells when we train that flip the switch on muscle protein synthesis, but the main ones are biomechanics tension (lifting heavier weights over time) and volume
(increasing work sets over time).

You didn't read what I wrote before that. And you yourself said something changed. So why are you arguing just to argue.
Maybe he misunderstood I’ve done that on a few posts

I agree 💯%! And when we train our muscles we damage the cells in the muscle fibers, and this signals the body to increase protein synthesis rates to repair the damage.There are a few other things that occur inside the muscle cells when we train that flip the switch on muscle protein synthesis, but the main ones are biomechanics tension (lifting heavier weights over time) and volume
(increasing work sets over time).
No we’re not damaging the cells or fibers. They’re not repaired and built back up.volume is not a driver.
Mechanical tension is THE driver.

I’m thinking you don’t know exactly what mechanical tension is or how it is the driver
You need enough volume to meet the threshold for mechanotransduction

Can someone explain what exactly mechanical tension is?

This week I do 1 set of 40lbs x 10

So how do I increase mechanical tension? I could do 45 lbs x10 next week ( progressive weight increase). Or I could add an additional set of 40obs x10 ( up my volume).

Did both increase mechanical tension? Which did it better?

So how do I increase mechanical tension? I could do 45 lbs x10 next week ( progressive weight increase). Or I could add an additional set of 40obs x10 ( up my volume).

They both do, it's still progression. The tension is X weight you can move 100lbs X10 for a set or 10lbs for 10 sets of ten. The mechanical tention is the same. But you will need to lift more weight or reps for both to grow. The argument is the weight increase is finite. But you can always add sets. Or switch the exercise.

The simplest way to explain it is the load that activates the fibers.
It’s when when the reps are approaching failure.
Nothing to do with increasing volume.

The simplest way to explain it is the load that activates the fibers.
It’s when when the reps are approaching failure.
Nothing to do with increasing volume.
Yes mechanical tension is the activation, but it needs to increase for continuous growth.

Yes mechanical tension is the activation, but it needs to increase for continuous growth.
Mechanical tension needs to remain consistent for growth.
It doesn’t increase.
If you hit failure with 200lbs for 5 reps and the next week failure at 210lbs for 5 the MT was the same.
If you hit failure 200lbs for 5 and next week hit 200lbs for 5 again but had reps left in the tank mechanical tension was less

No we’re not damaging the cells or fibers. They’re not repaired and built back up.volume is not a driver.
Mechanical tension is THE driver.

Okay.
Not so good as one of the problems with these studies is found in the “well trained” individuals.

Also Remove the mechanical tension and you can do all the volume in the world and you’ll grow no muscle you only accumulate fatigue and burn calories.
Otherwise you could grow using soup cans and pink dumbbells

Literally mechanical tension is the driver of growth.

Mechanical tension needs to remain consistent for growth.
It doesn’t increase.
If you hit failure with 200lbs for 5 reps and the next week failure at 210lbs for 5 the MT was the same.
If you hit failure 200lbs for 5 and next week hit 200lbs for 5 again but had reps left in the tank mechanical tension was less
Correct, i agree. And miss spoke...something needs to increase for the mechanical tention to remain constant since the body adapted to the previous.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131