over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How big are your arms?

Before I go on my usual rant (big arms - big lies) let us all be consistent in how we accurately measure our arms. Without this the measurements are worth than worthless, are misleading at best.

This is a ‘cold’ measurement. Zero arm work of any kind on that day prior to making this measurement. The day before is okay but not optimal. You will get a larger measurement if you are well hydrated and have a day of complete rest.

First. Your arms must be measured at the same time of the day, three days in a row.
Average these measurements. Mornings are best if you want the largest measurement(s) as your arms are the largest in the morning and diminish during the day.

Second. Cut a 2 foot length, about a 1 inch wide, strip of newspaper.

Third. Have a “sharpie’ handy with a fine black tip. You will use this to mark the strip of newspaper.

Forth. On the first flex at a right angle to the bone with your arm parallel to the ground, wrap the thin 1” wide piece of newspaper around your arm being sure to follow the contour of your arm at the largest part. Make a mark on the paper tape where it intersects the beginning of the tape.

Fifth. Take the length of paper and lay it on top of a steel rule. Measure the length from the end of the paper to mark you made you made on it to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.

This is the most accurate way to measure your arms. If somebody, anybody, has a better, more accurate way I am all ears.

And if your arms are filled with oil, all bets are off. This is not a true muscular measurement regardless of what you might believe, think or wish. Just be upfront, completely transparent, totally honest about this when bragging about how big your arm is.
Jesus man !! 🤪

I can barely spell my name

I was never one to measure my muscles but I measured my arms about 7 or 8 years ago for fun. One was 19.25 and the other was 19. No clue what they are now but I know they're smaller.

6’2” 250lbs. 19” arms pumped. They are not naturally big and don’t look big unless I’m working arms because they get very defined and veiny. Really it’s definition that can make arms look huge.

I didn’t measure my arms doing all that lol. I just used the body part measuring tape. But I’m a little under 6ft. 236lbs. Arms were 18” cold flexed this morning. My arms have always lagged in my opinion. But I’m starting to them now with more direct work.
I totally get that. And while I may be inclined to overcomplicate things (not training), in this case arm measurements, I have caught too many people lying about how big their arms are even when using a cloth measuring tape. Threats of a fist fight were not uncommon, especially when you call a person a lier to his face in a gym environment. Thankfully it never came down to that. Really stupid in retrospect.

I remember clearly my Sensei measuring his arms constantly, like everyday for years using the same cloth measuring tape he probably had for many years before I was under his wings. You could damn near see through it, let alone read the numbers. He was a Olympic weight lifter (Olympic team alternate) and bodybuilder before he became involved in Karate. He loved his 18 inch arms. And who was I to argue. You don’t hand people clubs to beat you with.

When I was in my early 20’s I sported 17 1/4 inch arms pumped at a body weight of 167 lbs, but not measured the way I described. Who knows what they really were 😉, I didn’t care. The were big, too big according to some people. But those days are long gone. I think it would be easier for me to make a million dollars than to have those arms again.

6’2” 250lbs. 19” arms pumped. They are not naturally big and don’t look big unless I’m working arms because they get very defined and veiny. Really it’s definition that can make arms look huge.
Truer words have not been spoken.

Plastic fabric measuring tape, no stretch. They can be bought at hobby lobby for cheap.

Well you have to take into account height with this. Mine are 16.5 cold but I’m 6’2” so they are very long and don’t look very big yet

Plastic fabric measuring tape, no stretch. They can be bought at hobby lobby for cheap.
Good call.

But are they accurate? It’s been a while.

Before I go on my usual rant (big arms - big lies) let us all be consistent in how we accurately measure our arms. Without this the measurements are worth than worthless, are misleading at best.

This is a ‘cold’ measurement. Zero arm work of any kind on that day prior to making this measurement. The day before is okay but not optimal. You will get a larger measurement if you are well hydrated and have a day of complete rest.

First. Your arms must be measured at the same time of the day, three days in a row.
Average these measurements. Mornings are best if you want the largest measurement(s) as your arms are the largest in the morning and diminish during the day.

Second. Cut a 2 foot length, about a 1 inch wide, strip of newspaper.

Third. Have a “sharpie’ handy with a fine black tip. You will use this to mark the strip of newspaper.

Forth. On the first flex at a right angle to the bone with your arm parallel to the ground, wrap the thin 1” wide piece of newspaper around your arm being sure to follow the contour of your arm at the largest part. Make a mark on the paper tape where it intersects the beginning of the tape.

Fifth. Take the length of paper and lay it on top of a steel rule. Measure the length from the end of the paper to mark you made you made on it to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.

This is the most accurate way to measure your arms. If somebody, anybody, has a better, more accurate way I am all ears.

And if your arms are filled with oil, all bets are off. This is not a true muscular measurement regardless of what you might believe, think or wish. Just be upfront, completely transparent, totally honest about this when bragging about how big your arm is.
I will do this haha

I just measured 18 cold last arm day was 3 days ago, 5’7” 210 gotta split in my biceps ;)

I will do this haha

I just measured 18 cold last arm day was 3 days ago, 5’7” 210 gotta split in my biceps ;)
I know this might look overly complicated but essentially you just take a days rest, measure at the same time, first flex, at right angles to the bone, mark the circumstance on a thin tape, measure it against a steel rule and walla . . . you got a number you can take to the bank.

Really, it is much much less complicated that so many drug, GH and insulin protocols that I see here and their obsession with timing and accuracy. Hell, a third grader could easily do what I just described.

I know this might look overly complicated but essentially you just take a days rest, measure at the same time, first flex, at right angles to the bone, mark the circumstance on a thin tape, measure it against a steel rule and walla . . . you got a number you can take to the bank.

Really, it is much much less complicated that so many drug, GH and insulin protocols that I see here and their obsession with timing and accuracy. Hell, a third grader could easily do what I just described.
I missed what correctly measuring a human arm has to do with gh and insulin protocols XD

Imo timing is pretty important, for insulin and gh secretagogues. But, your right most the shit simple as long as you can follow a plan right? I have so many ideas in my head I get distracted. Anyway!

Cloth measuring tapes are not very accurate and vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and with age and usage, they can stretch and shrink. (I know this because I am / was a journeyman machinist where accuracy was my job. Not accurate, no job.)

And also because a newspaper is very thin and will give you the most accurate measurement.

Oh, I forgot to add this one very important detail . . . the paper tape must be discarded after each usage.
Unmarked paper also removes the temptation to "round up" subconsciously.

Same as my Stanley metal tape measure. I don’t think anyone will notice if I say my arms are 17 inches when really that are only 16.9997
Good to know about the Stanley
metal as long it will follow the contours our arm and it is accurate. Never had much success with metal tapes though.

Will people notice the difference? It depends. I have measured arms that are over 1/2” smaller than they said they were. They don’t seemed mind but it is still and exaggeration.

How would you feel about somebody saying they can bench 300lbs when in fact it was 275? Same difference as your point. Nobody cares unless in a competition. But 300 sounds better,

Good point though.

Same as my Stanley metal tape measure. I don’t think anyone will notice if I say my arms are 17 inches when really that are only 16.9997
metal as long it will follow the contours our arm and it is accurate. Never had much success with metal tapes though.

Will people notice the difference? It depends. I have measured arms that are over 1/2” smaller than they said they were. They don’t seemed mind but it is still and exaggeration.

How would you feel about somebody saying they can bench 300lbs when in fact it was 275? Same difference as your point. Nobody cares unless in a competition. But 300 sounds better,

Good point though.

Only measurement that matters is what’s swinging between my legs! 😉

Cage

I missed what correctly measuring a human arm has to do with gh and insulin protocols XD

Imo timing is pretty important, for insulin and gh secretagogues. But, your right most the shit simple as long as you can follow a plan right? I have so many ideas in my head I get distracted. Anyway!
GH and insulin protocols are by there very nature I think, are in many cases complicated because of the variety of and effort put into brands, dosages and timing. Same with insulin. Dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing. So much discussion about when and how much and carbs to get you out of the hole or to maximize its effectiveness. And all this changes come competition time.

All this to my small mind I’d say a third grader could not figure it out and would probably end up killing somebody. Not so with a simple measurement.

Good point though the correlation between a simple arm measurement and the administration of the above mentioned of the above products.

Make sense?

Only measurement that matters is what’s swinging between my legs! 😉

Cage
Do you have any idea how to measure that? From the pubic bone or your asshole. Flaccid or erect? And if flaccid there is a way. Then there is there is the chemically induced erection.

Most men brag about, over state, lie about their penis size, how many women they have fucked, how many fights they have in and won, how much money they make / have, arm size, how much they can bench press, etc. My opinion of course.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131