YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone done water fasting while on DNP?

Wait isn’t that exactly what you do? Not surprised with a name like pick a peck.

Read the links I posted.
Reread what you posted.
Now go argue with someone else like Luki who knows what he’s talking about
Still waiting for the data from the cited paper that you positioned to support your claim that CR and fasting are exactly the same in terms of autophagy.

I think a fast of 18-24 hours is healthy but not a good thing for bodybuilders who are still looking to be center stage, I think it’s more of a life after the game and why you would take a toxic substance during a fast which is used to rest organs and detox the body seems foolish as well as the fact that DNP will cook muscle same as fat and eating no protein while blasting your metabolism and having a chemically induced fever just wreaks of bye bye muscle I also think it woukd make you have to take less DNP since doses are so important and after 24 -36 hours you’d need to lower dose with no food in your body or risk having your blood levels rise while staying on your day 1-2 dose.
DNP is protein sparing....

Profuse sweating and hyperthermia while dehydrated and lifting is not a good combination.
I say that is someone who has worked in the medical field and ran the compound various times.

Who said anything about not drinking water?

He isn’t trying to dry fast

Profuse sweating and hyperthermia while dehydrated and lifting is not a good combination.
I say that is someone who has worked in the medical field and ran the compound various times.

bro

literally OP's second post in this thread

bro

literally OP's second post in this thread
Ohhhh my bad I read it wrong lol. I probably need more coffee it’s still early here.
The thermic effect of DNP is still greater with food so I don’t see the purpose.
You can fast or run DNP whenever, why do it together as a bodybuilder?

What pops into my head I'd 'why tho?'
All these extremes come with a price, that gets paid back. Metabolic issues, thyroid problems... adrenal deficiency...
Why not just eat right, workout, and live a long life?

Thanks for all the responses. To a lot of you that ask why do this or recommending other methods of getting to your own goals, the best response I have to that is to remember that everyone’s own body make up is so individual. What works for one person doesn’t work for another - what is extreme to one person is unthinkable to another. I spent many years in my 20s and 30s preaching calories in/calories out and traditional thoughts of training until I started to realize it’s so much more individual than that. There’s no better example of this than today on the opening Sunday of the NFL where you have some of these athletes at 260 lbs under 7% body fat eating however they please all off-season to show up day 1 in the same condition as someone else who did multiple workouts a day and had perfect diet.

I fast 23 hours every day and eat one large meal of roughly 2500-3000 calories in the evening - usually an “all you can eat” portion of meat and rice with Ninja Creami protein ice cream. I do very little cardio and train with moderate weights for about 40 minutes 5 days a week. I spent the first 25 years of my training in a more traditional bodybuilding lifestyle with diet and workouts. With the fasting it allows me to stay around 220 lbs and 10-12% body fat. When I introduce DNP for short periods of time it helps me cut down a little more obviously. When I do a longer fast of 2-5 days I usually lose about 2 lbs per day and gain back 40% of that weight on the first meal post fast due to Glycogen.

I am going to give it a go on a 72 hour fast as of tonight @ 500mg of dnp a day. Starting weight 218. Mostly doing it to challenge myself (dnp cravings with fasting cravings should be a special kind of pain) and because as far as I can find online no one has really done any extended fasts on DNP and documented it. From a health or danger standpoint I have no worries as I stay hydrated while fasting with electrolytes and little to no cardio. More or less I wanted to see if anyone had done this but maybe didn’t post out in the public about it. Thanks again for all the responses.

A buddy of mine will change his IF from a 16hr to a 20hr fast during his preps he’s a pro. Don’t ask me how it works for him because I have no idea but it does.

Side note,
If I wanted to die, I’d choose a less painful than no water on DNP

More power to your friend, I wish I had those genetics! I've become a lazy eater in my later years, meaning I don't eat as much as I should but I couldn't fast like that and keep any semblance of a bodybuilders physique with my genetics. As for health, I'm sure IF would be positive when I enter my golden years as long as the food that was eaten was nutritionally dense but barring an actual need to go that route, I can't see myself doing it, at least on a regular basis.

Thanks for all the responses. To a lot of you that ask why do this or recommending other methods of getting to your own goals, the best response I have to that is to remember that everyone’s own body make up is so individual. What works for one person doesn’t work for another - what is extreme to one person is unthinkable to another. I spent many years in my 20s and 30s preaching calories in/calories out and traditional thoughts of training until I started to realize it’s so much more individual than that. There’s no better example of this than today on the opening Sunday of the NFL where you have some of these athletes at 260 lbs under 7% body fat eating however they please all off-season to show up day 1 in the same condition as someone else who did multiple workouts a day and had perfect diet.

I fast 23 hours every day and eat one large meal of roughly 2500-3000 calories in the evening - usually an “all you can eat” portion of meat and rice with Ninja Creami protein ice cream. I do very little cardio and train with moderate weights for about 40 minutes 5 days a week. I spent the first 25 years of my training in a more traditional bodybuilding lifestyle with diet and workouts. With the fasting it allows me to stay around 220 lbs and 10-12% body fat. When I introduce DNP for short periods of time it helps me cut down a little more obviously. When I do a longer fast of 2-5 days I usually lose about 2 lbs per day and gain back 40% of that weight on the first meal post fast due to Glycogen.

I am going to give it a go on a 72 hour fast as of tonight @ 500mg of dnp a day. Starting weight 218. Mostly doing it to challenge myself (dnp cravings with fasting cravings should be a special kind of pain) and because as far as I can find online no one has really done any extended fasts on DNP and documented it. From a health or danger standpoint I have no worries as I stay hydrated while fasting with electrolytes and little to no cardio. More or less I wanted to see if anyone had done this but maybe didn’t post out in the public about it. Thanks again for all the responses.

My underlying question to you is, do you compete?

I don't understand what your goal is? You sound like you have decades of experience bodybuilding. Why even do this to yourself?

I am going to give it a go on a 72 hour fast as of tonight @ 500mg of dnp a day.

ill reiterate in case you missed it

some people have reported serious nausea from taking DNP on an empty stomach

so proceed with caution

There's also a fast where no liquids are drank. So you're fasting from water as well its called water fasting. What you're referring to is fasting.
now I've heard it all

a fast where no liquids, especially water, are drank? who's the genius self-taught 'guru' who came up with this horseshit?!

the main purpose of fasting is to flush toxins from your system and you can't very well flush anything from your body if you're not fully hydrated.

how stupid

**I have used DNP 15-20 times over the last 20 years**

I do some water fasts of 24 hours - 5 days max while not on DNP

Just wondering if anyone has done short term fasts on DNP? I would love to hear the results. I am thinking of doing a 72 hour fast @ my current dose of 500mg per day.
Sounds like a very bad idea!!!

now I've heard it all

a fast where no liquids, especially water, are drank? who's the genius self-taught 'guru' who came up with this horseshit?!

the main purpose of fasting is to flush toxins from your system and you can't very well flush anything from your body if you're not fully hydrated.

how stupid

I would never advocate or do it. But the belief is you dehydrate the fat and loose it faster. No real science behind it.

now I've heard it all

how stupid

Most IF people call that a “dry fast” most refer to a “water fast” as ONLY intaking water

ill reiterate in case you missed it

some people have reported serious nausea from taking DNP on an empty stomach

so proceed with caution

250mg DNP on an empty stomach doesn’t hurt my stomach, what it does do, is 2 hours later my lower abdomen gets a little angry and i have 1-2 explosive shits.

Less stomach for me, more bowels. But I can see nausea being a problem for many

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members