over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mentzer - only trained 2h/wk?

Medx is my favorite.
Ill try and remember to post a pic of the med x leg extension tomorrow. It even has a handle where you can spot yourself to do forced reps
Beat leg press I ever used.

The leg extension machine was the medical rehab machine. Check it out on their website.

That’s why I don’t count warm up/feeder sets. But some people do. Feeder sets stimulate the muscles a little but I agree with you, they don’t do much. Training with enough volume using a progressive overload is what stimulates maximum muscle mass. I don’t think a lot of people train hard enough with consistency to gain maximum muscle size, especially those taking PED’S. Just my opinion from observation. I have to hit the weights hard in order to grow!
nippard posted a study on a junk volume vid where 40 percent of lifters tested doing their 10 rep sets had 6 or more RIR. some had 10 RIR.
i realized for me, always going to faulure , meaning i could not move the weight if i tried another rep..was wrong. 12 sets a week like that..."hard" sets for me now i see are actually medium. i need 1-3 RIR for volume which to me aint hard at all. everyone else has to go from 6+ RIR to 2-3....for them thats gonna mean way harder workouts...ive been overdoing it all my life wonderin why i get hella strong then burn out or get hurt all the time....
its so nice knowin i can do 12-16 sets a week, do em medium hard and get actual benefits from that. no longer forcing progressive overload in my logbook....knowing 2 RIR is hard enuff to elicit an adaptive response and i get stronger and bigger from easier efforts.
or i'll get bored with it and go back to 100 percent effort on everything and stall out after 5 weeks.....

nippard posted a study on a junk volume vid where 40 percent of lifters tested doing their 10 rep sets had 6 or more RIR. some had 10 RIR.
i realized for me, always going to faulure , meaning i could not move the weight if i tried another rep..was wrong. 12 sets a week like that..."hard" sets for me now i see are actually medium. i need 1-3 RIR for volume which to me aint hard at all. everyone else has to go from 6+ RIR to 2-3....for them thats gonna mean way harder workouts...ive been overdoing it all my life wonderin why i get hella strong then burn out or get hurt all the time....
its so nice knowin i can do 12-16 sets a week, do em medium hard and get actual benefits from that. no longer forcing progressive overload in my logbook....knowing 2 RIR is hard enuff to elicit an adaptive response and i get stronger and bigger from easier efforts.
or i'll get bored with it and go back to 100 percent effort on everything and stall out after 5 weeks.....
I agree with you 💯%! You’ve learned, what I’ve learned. Well said. 👍👍

if you talk about total time trained in a week i bet 2 hours is bout what i was doing when at my all time best.
bout 25-30 min weights 3 days on 1 day off... so... thats just 3 hours. was training under phil hernon during that time.

. I got tested by Arthur on the leg extension machine, plotting my strength curve. When I get mine I will post it if I remember.

Arthur had some MedX machines in his living room. I asked him to train me, I said this was his last opportunity 😉 he wisely said no.
Jones apparently said Fred Hatfield had the weakest quads he had tested. What's the likely explanation?

Jones apparently said Fred Hatfield had the weakest quads he had tested. What's the likely explanation?
It could be that Fred Hatfield ( Dr.squat) was glute dominant and that’s what helped him squats so much. But Jones was spewing BS to say Hatfield had the weakest quads he had ever tested. Many articles are written for the SHOCK factor to gain attention, but are highly innacurate.

if you talk about total time trained in a week i bet 2 hours is bout what i was doing when at my all time best.
bout 25-30 min weights 3 days on 1 day off... so... thats just 3 hours. was training under phil hernon during that time.
I require more hours of intense training per week to look my best. However, I can still look good using lower volume training.

D
Don’t know about the weakest but clearly not as strong as he or Arthur would have thought.

I have both sides of story in writing and when I get home I will post it then if this thread is not dead.

Just a teaser . . . Fred said he was sick which was the reason for his poor performance but he did not have the heart to tell Arthur. He so proud of his machine. Sure.

I was tested on the same machine as Fred.

The size of Fred’s quads we’re in no way proportional to his strength in the squat. Right?

The size of Fred’s quads we’re in no way proportional to his strength in the squat. Right?
what was your overall impression and thoughts on Arthur jones? I have his writings somewhere but haven't leaped into it yet.

what was your overall impression and thoughts on Arthur jones? I have his writings somewhere but haven't leaped into it yet.
My over all impression Arthur is tainted by my relationship with him which started in the mid 70’s (I lived with him 24/7 many times for various lengths of time over the years) so my impression is clearly biased. I will say that he was very very good and generous to me.

He was right about most things but time has shown that some of what he said are not totally accurate. But there is no denying his influence exercise and machine design.

A bit off subject but somebody here mentioned how much harder it is to progress the more advanced you become which is true but I can’t help but remember that Sergio had won 2 Olympias, had an unbelievable physique until Arthur trained him and he got bigger and better than ever before. Many wondered if it was the machines (early) or Arthur’s ‘prodding’ him.

My over all impression Arthur is tainted by my relationship with him which started in the mid 70’s (I lived with him 24/7 many times for various lengths of time over the years) so my impression is clearly biased. I will say that he was very very good and generous to me.

He was right about most things but time has shown that some of what he said are not totally accurate. But there is no denying his influence exercise and machine design.

A bit off subject but somebody here mentioned how much harder it is to progress the more advanced you become which is true but I can’t help but remember that Sergio had won 2 Olympias, had an unbelievable physique until Arthur trained him and he got bigger and better than ever before. Many wondered if it was the machines (early) or Arthur’s ‘prodding’ him.
very cool. thats a front row seat for sure. seems like a great life experience !

damn i feel like there is a lot of stories and input we'd all like to hear :)

damn i feel like there is a lot of stories and input we'd all like to hear :)

Thread already started thank you.

See Arthur Jones Memorabilia thread. Lots of stories and fotos.

ahh nice ty!
My apologies for I think would qualify as a wild goose chance.

If you can’t find it, the thread has been deleted by Big A, at my request, out of respect to the family. While technically many of the fotos are mine I don’t want to stir up any shit with family. And I get that.

If somebody wants to start another thread and not jam up Mike’s thread I am happy to share what little I know. The fotos will be from the public domain.

All that are interest let me know. And I can back up anything I say.

I’m not going to have a lot of time or access to my archive at home as I traveling for another month but I will do my best to keep up. This could be fun. All comment are welcome, good or bad.

I don’t have an axe to grind either way. As they say, just the facts mam.

very cool. thats a front row seat for sure. seems like a great life experience !
It was a lot of things but it was never boring.

Many of the later visits I recorded our conversations then after he felt more comfortable we and me with him it became intrusive and unnecessarily, got in the way of some good conversations. And many things he said, stories he told me could be recorded per his request.

I honestly love Fortitude trainings muscle rounds. I was a DC 💯 my whole life but then my body started breaking down. Not just from lifting, but college ball, mma, BJJ. I can’t realistically take a dumbbell or some machine to the point of trying to meet god for 16-20 RP reps anymore without paying for it in pain.

But the Muscle rounds, hitting a weight with ONE soul breaking failure point, and previously accumulated volume with the 2-3 prior “rounds”, I love.

And honestly….training the way you will go “all in on” is the best way. You like 5x15 leg press, 4x12 hacks, 3x15 leg extensions, 3x20 lunges on “quad day”’ go for it.

I rather hit a top set back off on SLDL, a muscle round on leg press, a MR on hacks, and a 4x10 on leg curls and go home. and focus on adding 5lbs across the board in 4/5 days.

Going full tilt on a “less optimal” program wins every time over “half ass but perfect programming.

I honestly love Fortitude trainings muscle rounds. I was a DC 💯 my whole life but then my body started breaking down. Not just from lifting, but college ball, mma, BJJ. I can’t realistically take a dumbbell or some machine to the point of trying to meet god for 16-20 RP reps anymore without paying for it in pain.

But the Muscle rounds, hitting a weight with ONE soul breaking failure point, and previously accumulated volume with the 2-3 prior “rounds”, I love.

And honestly….training the way you will go “all in on” is the best way. You like 5x15 leg press, 4x12 hacks, 3x15 leg extensions, 3x20 lunges on “quad day”’ go for it.

I rather hit a top set back off on SLDL, a muscle round on leg press, a MR on hacks, and a 4x10 on leg curls and go home. and focus on adding 5lbs across the board in 4/5 days.

Going full tilt on a “less optimal” program wins every time over “half ass but perfect programming.
Agreed 100%! I've often said, "The best training program is the one you'll actually do" There are too many successful bodybuilders that have done various routines of all kinds to settle on the one best.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131