over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quads 3x/week?

1fst400

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Has anybody trained quads 3x a week? I've been training 2x a week and making good progress. I'm in my 40's now and do more volume training than HIT like I did when I was younger. I used to fry my legs 1 day a week and couldn't hardly walk until next leg day 6-7 days later. Now, I do still hard sets, just not beyond failure every single set, every single session. My legs are weakest bodypart.

Program for legs would be MWF for 2-3 training blocks (2-3 months). I train 5 days a week. Most other bodyparts would be trained at maintenance.

Monday - High bar squat 6-10 reps, 4-6 sets
Wednesday - Front Squat 10-15 reps, 4-6 sets
Friday - Leg extension 15-20 reps, 3 sets, Hack squats 10-20 reps, 3 sets

Looking for feedback on who it has work for or didn't work for. Things to look out for.

Thanks

I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. I do the same (I do 3 full body sessions a week)

Day 1:
Hamstring Curls 3 sets varying reps
squats: 3 sets reps usually 8-12
Deficit Deadlift: 1 amrap set

Day 2:
Hamstring Curl 1-2 sets
Leg press, squats, front squat, ss squat, or other "main" leg driver: 1-2 sets usually 12-15 reps

Day 3:
Hamstring exercise 1 set to failure
Squats: 1 set of 20 reps.

You could do it a million different ways but as long as you are balancing out recover, volume, and intensity you can certainly make that work just fine.

I trained legs 3x a week when I was recovery from PRP on my shoulders a couple years ago.

1 day was Quad dominant, then glute/ham, then a mix.

It was fine but after a few weeks my hips started taking a beating.

Going in for stem cells and PRP on shoulders/neck in about 8 weeks and I'm going to just hit them 2x a week after the procedure. Quad focused day then a ham/glute day.

Just my .02

If you can recover. Id recommend gh, humalog, and lantus on those days.
Question for ya mate. I do gh in quite robust doses but have been avoiding slin, mostly because I travel so often and need to keep my already-high injection count as low as feasible while flying cross country - I don’t want to bring a full pharmacy.

Has slin been that impactful for recovery when training high volume/frequency to the point you think I’m missing out by not including it?

Has anybody trained quads 3x a week? I've been training 2x a week and making good progress. I'm in my 40's now and do more volume training than HIT like I did when I was younger. I used to fry my legs 1 day a week and couldn't hardly walk until next leg day 6-7 days later. Now, I do still hard sets, just not beyond failure every single set, every single session. My legs are weakest bodypart.

Program for legs would be MWF for 2-3 training blocks (2-3 months). I train 5 days a week. Most other bodyparts would be trained at maintenance.

Looking for feedback on who it has work for or didn't work for. Things to look out for.

Thanks
I’ve trained legs three times per week but twice a week is better IMO. Try 8 work sets for quads twice a week. 4 sets squats and 4 sets leg extensions. That’s optimal for most people.

Sure, if you can recover. I once did some powerlifting program, believe it was called junior something. Had me squat 4 times a week. Was actually pretty cool but my ankles and shin didn't appreciate it so gave up.

Question for ya mate. I do gh in quite robust doses but have been avoiding slin, mostly because I travel so often and need to keep my already-high injection count as low as feasible while flying cross country - I don’t want to bring a full pharmacy.

Has slin been that impactful for recovery when training high volume/frequency to the point you think I’m missing out by not including it?

I have humalog pens and they just look like a tooth brush holder. It'd fit right in with your checked bag. Id highly recommend it if you're upping the carbs. 5IU goes a long way.

Id say try it and find out, worst case scenario you dont like it and you stop instantly.

I have humalog pens and they just look like a tooth brush holder. It'd fit right in with your checked bag. Id highly recommend it if you're upping the carbs. 5IU goes a long way.

Id say try it and find out, worst case scenario you dont like it and you stop instantly.
Carbs are getting layered on thick come October, looks like I’ll be ordering some pens so they’re here for it. Thanks man.

Carbs are getting layered on thick come October, looks like I’ll be ordering some pens so they’re here for it. Thanks man.

Sounds like a plan. Start low and taper your way up as necessary. Bunch of different strategies. 5IU per meal, pre and post workout, etc.

Try one and see if you like it.

Sounds like a plan. Start low and taper your way up as necessary. Bunch of different strategies. 5IU per meal, pre and post workout, etc.

Try one and see if you like it.
Will do. Trying to throw on 10 lbs between October and January, should be fun.

to the OP, how are you documenting your progress?

You said you are making good progress at twice per week, but what does that mean?
What type: Tissue? Strength?

Same weight, 3 sets of 20, 3 times a week.
No more than 1 minute between sets. A couple, 3, deeps breadths between reps is acceptable nearing the end of the set. When you can do this routine three times, ass to the grass, add 10 lbs.

For the volume freaks . . .

Alternatively, do 10 sets of 10 deep reps with the same weight. Rack it, wait 20 seconds. Do not let your hands leave the bar between sets. This will take surprising ‘little’ weight.

Finish either of these two routines with 1 set of 20 rep deadlifts.

Do this 2 to 3 times a week. Do nothing else for your legs. Nothing. If you do this right, this will be all the leg work you are capable of doing. If you want more than you did not work hard enough.

You should feel like you just climbed a mountain with a refrigerator strapped to your back.

If you decide to dedicate a day just to do this, that is okay. I get it.

Thanks
If you need to train your legs 3x a week you don’t know how to train legs properly

If you need to train your legs 3x a week you don’t know how to train legs properly
There Many countless ways to smash plateaus and bring up body parts. Lots of jacked strong guys work multiple body parts 3 times a week. It’s nothing new. Just another method. What’s right or wrong is a point of view as varied as there are ways to perform an exercise.

You didn't mention what you goals are.

Sure, if you can recover. I once did some powerlifting program, believe it was called junior something. Had me squat 4 times a week. Was actually pretty cool but my ankles and shin didn't appreciate it so gave up.
Smolov

I've wanted to do that program since I was a teenager, but I could never commit to putting everything else on the back burner for those 13 weeks.

Smolov

I've wanted to do that program since I was a teenager, but I could never commit to putting everything else on the back burner for those 13 weeks.
theres a smolov jr, 3weeks program

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner