over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mentzer - only trained 2h/wk?

I honestly love Fortitude trainings muscle rounds. I was a DC 💯 my whole life but then my body started breaking down. Not just from lifting, but college ball, mma, BJJ. I can’t realistically take a dumbbell or some machine to the point of trying to meet god for 16-20 RP reps anymore without paying for it in pain.

But the Muscle rounds, hitting a weight with ONE soul breaking failure point, and previously accumulated volume with the 2-3 prior “rounds”, I love.

And honestly….training the way you will go “all in on” is the best way. You like 5x15 leg press, 4x12 hacks, 3x15 leg extensions, 3x20 lunges on “quad day”’ go for it.

I rather hit a top set back off on SLDL, a muscle round on leg press, a MR on hacks, and a 4x10 on leg curls and go home. and focus on adding 5lbs across the board in 4/5 days.

Going full tilt on a “less optimal” program wins every time over “half ass but perfect programming.

Agree totally...LOVE fortitude. I don't use it exactly but did for many years and now am using a 3-4 day a week full body routine. One day is a heavier focus on upper or lower with more "pump" or muscle round type work on the other half and then I just switch it each workout. It's kind of wild I'm 25 years into this but really have gravitated towards full body which I know many would find odd.

I honestly love Fortitude trainings muscle rounds. I was a DC 💯 my whole life but then my body started breaking down. Not just from lifting, but college ball, mma, BJJ. I can’t realistically take a dumbbell or some machine to the point of trying to meet god for 16-20 RP reps anymore without paying for it in pain.

But the Muscle rounds, hitting a weight with ONE soul breaking failure point, and previously accumulated volume with the 2-3 prior “rounds”, I love.

And honestly….training the way you will go “all in on” is the best way. You like 5x15 leg press, 4x12 hacks, 3x15 leg extensions, 3x20 lunges on “quad day”’ go for it.

I rather hit a top set back off on SLDL, a muscle round on leg press, a MR on hacks, and a 4x10 on leg curls and go home. and focus on adding 5lbs across the board in 4/5 days.

Going full tilt on a “less optimal” program wins every time over “half ass but perfect programming.

I've been thinking about doing MR instead of RP. With the DC 2 way layout. Should be a little more forgiving and a little less CNS fatigue.

D

Don’t know about the weakest but clearly not as strong as he or Arthur would have thought.

I have both sides of story in writing and when I get home I will post it then if this thread is not dead.

Just a teaser . . . Fred said he was sick which was the reason for his poor performance but he did not have the heart to tell Arthur. He so proud of his machine. Sure.

I was tested on the same machine as Fred.

My guess is that he was fooling around in some way. I don't know what kind of people Arthur test but my guess is one of his quads was as both legs of some of the other. You simply do not squat anything with weak quads, certainly no records, that would be ridiculous. But I don't know, just a quick guess.

My guess is that he was fooling around in some way. I don't know what kind of people Arthur tested but my guess is one of Fred's quads was as strong as both legs of some of the other tested guys. You simply do not squat anything with weak quads, certainly no records, that would be ridiculous. But I don't know, just a quick guess.

Are either of these quality nautilus pullover machine?

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_151955917.jpg
    IMG_20220910_151955917.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 14
Yes. It was cray cray 😅
That's the problem with expanding via logic if the underlying foundational science/knowledge is wrong/severely limited/incomplete. He should have revisited that part but I guess by then you have a name/reputation/product as well. Who knows, I don't spend many brain cycles here.

nippard posted a study on a junk volume vid where 40 percent of lifters tested doing their 10 rep sets had 6 or more RIR. some had 10 RIR.
i realized for me, always going to faulure , meaning i could not move the weight if i tried another rep..was wrong. 12 sets a week like that..."hard" sets for me now i see are actually medium. i need 1-3 RIR for volume which to me aint hard at all. everyone else has to go from 6+ RIR to 2-3....for them thats gonna mean way harder workouts...ive been overdoing it all my life wonderin why i get hella strong then burn out or get hurt all the time....
its so nice knowin i can do 12-16 sets a week, do em medium hard and get actual benefits from that. no longer forcing progressive overload in my logbook....knowing 2 RIR is hard enuff to elicit an adaptive response and i get stronger and bigger from easier efforts.
or i'll get bored with it and go back to 100 percent effort on everything and stall out after 5 weeks.....
I struggle with the concept of knowing how many RIR I’m at. I can see how many people fall short and in fact leave too much in the tank. At least going to failure is an absolute in that way

WTH

30 min x 4 days/week

He needed some unique angle to sell his books, some new way that works wonders. So he made his whole “Heavy Duty” system up. He didn’t train like that. Back in the 80’s I saw him and his brother training at Gold’s in Santa Monica. They worked out just like every other bodybuilder worked out, multiple sets and two ranges. Nothing unusual at all. He was full of shit.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws