over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Liquid Egg Whites

Raw eggs are good for growing muscle according to this study. I tend to think that pasteurized whites would work as well.
I believe it's also a safer route to drink pasteurized, due to the killing of the bacteria during the pasteurizing process.

From Muscle Eggs Website:
What is pasteurization and why do you do it?
We pasteurize all of our egg whites at a temperature high enough to kill all bacterium of concern, like e. coli and salmonella, but low enough to keep its liquid properties. This results in egg whites that are safe to consume right out of the jug! This also neutralizes avidin found in egg whites and makes it the most bioavailable source of protein available.

Are MuscleEgg egg whites a complete protein?
Yep. MuscleEgg egg whites are a complete protein, meaning they contain all 9 essential amino acids. They also contain 7 of 11 non-essential amino acids. MuscleEgg egg whites also have other minerals such as riboflavin (B2) and are rich in potassium and sodium, which help prevent electrolyte imbalances.

I believe it's also a safer route to drink pasteurized, due to the killing of the bacteria during the pasteurizing process.

From Muscle Eggs Website:
What is pasteurization and why do you do it?
We pasteurize all of our egg whites at a temperature high enough to kill all bacterium of concern, like e. coli and salmonella, but low enough to keep its liquid properties. This results in egg whites that are safe to consume right out of the jug! This also neutralizes avidin found in egg whites and makes it the most bioavailable source of protein available.

Are MuscleEgg egg whites a complete protein?
Yep. MuscleEgg egg whites are a complete protein, meaning they contain all 9 essential amino acids. They also contain 7 of 11 non-essential amino acids. MuscleEgg egg whites also have other minerals such as riboflavin (B2) and are rich in potassium and sodium, which help prevent electrolyte imbalances.
You need the whole egg not just the whites.

Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men​

Stephan van Vliet 1, Evan L Shy 1, Sidney Abou Sawan 2, Joseph W Beals 3, Daniel Wd West 2, Sarah K Skinner 1, Alexander V Ulanov 4, Zhong Li 4, Scott A Paluska 5, Carl M Parsons 6, Daniel R Moore 2, Nicholas A Burd 7 3
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Background: Protein in the diet is commonly ingested from whole foods that contain various macro- and micronutrients. However, the effect of consuming protein within its natural whole-food matrix on postprandial protein metabolism remains understudied in humans.Objective: We aimed to compare the whole-body and muscle protein metabolic responses after the consumption of whole eggs with egg whites during exercise recovery in young men.Design: In crossover trials, 10 resistance-trained men [aged 21 ± 1 y; 88 ± 3 kg; body fat: 16% ± 1% (means ± SEMs)] received primed continuous l-[ring-2H5]phenylalanine and l-[1-13C]leucine infusions and performed a single bout of resistance exercise. After exercise, participants consumed intrinsically l-[5,5,5-2H3]leucine-labeled whole eggs (18 g protein, 17 g fat) or egg whites (18 g protein, 0 g fat). Repeated blood and muscle biopsy samples were collected to assess whole-body leucine kinetics, intramuscular signaling, and myofibrillar protein synthesis.Results: Plasma appearance rates of protein-derived leucine were more rapid after the consumption of egg whites than after whole eggs (P = 0.01). Total plasma availability of leucine over the 300-min postprandial period was similar (P= 0.75) between the ingestion of whole eggs (68% ± 1%) and egg whites (66% ± 2%), with no difference in whole-body net leucine balance (P = 0.27). Both whole-egg and egg white conditions increased the phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1, ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1, and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 during postexercise recovery (all P < 0.05). However, whole-egg ingestion increased the postexercise myofibrillar protein synthetic response to a greater extent than did the ingestion of egg whites (P= 0.04).Conclusions: We show that the ingestion of whole eggs immediately after resistance exercise resulted in greater stimulation of myofibrillar protein synthesis than did the ingestion of egg whites, despite being matched for protein content in young men. Our data indicate that the ingestion of nutrient- and protein-dense foods differentially stimulates muscle anabolism compared with protein-dense foods. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT03117127.
Keywords: amino acid transporters; anabolic signaling; exercise; food protein quality; leucine; protein digestion.

We get it Emeric.

And that's like telling us to eat beef instead of chicken.
Do they both stimulate protein synthesis? Yes. Can one be marginally better than the other? Most definitely.
Will egg whites by themselves work and still serve a purpose. 1000% yes.

We get it Emeric.

Do they both stimulate protein synthesis? Yes. Can one be marginally better than the other? Most definitely.
The other thing, as much as I love eggs, they do cause stomach discomfort in some. Even farm fresh eggs can do that.

And I can get 50 grams of protein from 250 calories of egg whites.

I’m all for the whole eggs but egg whites can certainly provide convenience and low calorie bake for your buck.

We get it Emeric.

Whatever you like, if I would have to consume only one part of the whole eggs , I would go with the yolk, 100g yolk contains 16g protein , 100g white 11g protein, also the yolk is hormone precursor.

Whatever you like, if I would have to consume only one part of the whole eggs , I would go with the yolk, 100g yolk contains 16g protein , 100g white 11g protein, also the yolk is hormone precursor.
these guys are talking about consuming 8 ounces or more of egg whites at a time multiple times a day. Nobody is gonna be doing that with yolks

You need the whole egg not just the whites.

Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men​

Stephan van Vliet 1, Evan L Shy 1, Sidney Abou Sawan 2, Joseph W Beals 3, Daniel Wd West 2, Sarah K Skinner 1, Alexander V Ulanov 4, Zhong Li 4, Scott A Paluska 5, Carl M Parsons 6, Daniel R Moore 2, Nicholas A Burd 7 3
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Background: Protein in the diet is commonly ingested from whole foods that contain various macro- and micronutrients. However, the effect of consuming protein within its natural whole-food matrix on postprandial protein metabolism remains understudied in humans.Objective: We aimed to compare the whole-body and muscle protein metabolic responses after the consumption of whole eggs with egg whites during exercise recovery in young men.Design: In crossover trials, 10 resistance-trained men [aged 21 ± 1 y; 88 ± 3 kg; body fat: 16% ± 1% (means ± SEMs)] received primed continuous l-[ring-2H5]phenylalanine and l-[1-13C]leucine infusions and performed a single bout of resistance exercise. After exercise, participants consumed intrinsically l-[5,5,5-2H3]leucine-labeled whole eggs (18 g protein, 17 g fat) or egg whites (18 g protein, 0 g fat). Repeated blood and muscle biopsy samples were collected to assess whole-body leucine kinetics, intramuscular signaling, and myofibrillar protein synthesis.Results: Plasma appearance rates of protein-derived leucine were more rapid after the consumption of egg whites than after whole eggs (P = 0.01). Total plasma availability of leucine over the 300-min postprandial period was similar (P= 0.75) between the ingestion of whole eggs (68% ± 1%) and egg whites (66% ± 2%), with no difference in whole-body net leucine balance (P = 0.27). Both whole-egg and egg white conditions increased the phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1, ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1, and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 during postexercise recovery (all P < 0.05). However, whole-egg ingestion increased the postexercise myofibrillar protein synthetic response to a greater extent than did the ingestion of egg whites (P= 0.04).Conclusions: We show that the ingestion of whole eggs immediately after resistance exercise resulted in greater stimulation of myofibrillar protein synthesis than did the ingestion of egg whites, despite being matched for protein content in young men. Our data indicate that the ingestion of nutrient- and protein-dense foods differentially stimulates muscle anabolism compared with protein-dense foods. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT03117127.
Keywords: amino acid transporters; anabolic signaling; exercise; food protein quality; leucine; protein digestion.

I have a few concerns, or questions in regards to why you posted this study?

1) This study did not prove that egg whites are not beneficial. In fact, plasma leucine was more rapid after egg whites than the whole egg, which can be used to one's advantage. After 300 minutes they were the same, with no benefit to either group. It lists that both have beneficial effects, but the whole egg resulted in greater stimulation of myofibrilar protein synthesis post-w/o.

-It shows an advantage of WE's over EW's, but it does not show that egg whites are worthless. One is better than the other in a certain aspect, but you also have to factor in that this was an acute study where calories are measured over a short period of time, which ultimately muscle protein synthesis over an "anabolic window," does not matter when you account for the whole day's worth of calories. this study is kind of misleading in that it did not account for the overall calorie advantage when comparing WE to EW. When they are matched over a whole day, it is moot.

2) The study you cited was a precursor to the study here below, why not post it instead?:

Abstract​

Eggs are considered a high-quality protein source for their complete amino acid profile and digestibility. Therefore, this study aimed to compare the effects of whole egg (WE) v. egg white (EW) ingestion during 12 weeks of resistance training (RT) on the skeletal muscle regulatory markers and body composition in resistance-trained men. Thirty resistance-trained men (mean age 24·6 (sd 2·7) years) were randomly assigned into the WE + RT (WER, n 15) or EW + RT (EWR, n 15) group. The WER group ingested three WE, while the EWR group ingested an isonitrogenous quantity of six EW per d immediately after the RT session. Serum concentrations of regulatory markers and body composition were measured at baseline and after 12 weeks. Significant main effects of time were observed for body weight (WER 1·7, EWR 1·8 kg), skeletal muscle mass (WER 2·9, EWR 2·7 kg), fibroblast growth factor-2 (WER 116·1, EWR 83·2 pg/ml) and follistatin (WER 0·05, EWR 0·04 ng/ml), which significantly increased (P < 0·05), and for fat mass (WER -1·9, EWR -1·1 kg), transforming growth factor-β1 (WER -0·5, EWR -0·1 ng/ml), activin A (WER -6·2, EWR -4·5 pg/ml) and myostatin (WER -0·1, EWR -0·06 ng/ml), which significantly decreased (P < 0·05) in both WER and EWR groups. The consumption of eggs absent of yolk during chronic RT resulted in similar body composition and functional outcomes as WE of equal protein value. EW or WE may be used interchangeably for the dietary support of RT-induced muscular hypertrophy when protein intake is maintained.

The study above has weaknesses as well, but it is a f/u study to the one you posted.

I think people who are saying "eat the whole egg" are taking his question out of context, which had nothing to do with eating a whole egg, but rather eating eggs out of the carton, which was the topic at hand. Yes, eating a whole egg can be beneficial in the context of the person's diet and how it is structured, but it may not be also, depending...on the context and how their diet is structured. Not everybody wants the added fats in their diet like others do, so again, the context of adding more egg whites can be beneficial for them.

BTW...not knocking whole eggs, or you Emeric, I have a lot of respect for knowledge that you bring. Thanks!

I have a few concerns, or questions in regards to why you posted this study?

1) This study did not prove that egg whites are not beneficial. In fact, plasma leucine was more rapid after egg whites than the whole egg, which can be used to one's advantage. After 300 minutes they were the same, with no benefit to either group. It lists that both have beneficial effects, but the whole egg resulted in greater stimulation of myofibrilar protein synthesis post-w/o.

-It shows an advantage of WE's over EW's, but it does not show that egg whites are worthless. One is better than the other in a certain aspect, but you also have to factor in that this was an acute study where calories are measured over a short period of time, which ultimately muscle protein synthesis over an "anabolic window," does not matter when you account for the whole day's worth of calories. this study is kind of misleading in that it did not account for the overall calorie advantage when comparing WE to EW. When they are matched over a whole day, it is moot.

2) The study you cited was a precursor to the study here below, why not post it instead?:

Abstract​

Eggs are considered a high-quality protein source for their complete amino acid profile and digestibility. Therefore, this study aimed to compare the effects of whole egg (WE) v. egg white (EW) ingestion during 12 weeks of resistance training (RT) on the skeletal muscle regulatory markers and body composition in resistance-trained men. Thirty resistance-trained men (mean age 24·6 (sd 2·7) years) were randomly assigned into the WE + RT (WER, n 15) or EW + RT (EWR, n 15) group. The WER group ingested three WE, while the EWR group ingested an isonitrogenous quantity of six EW per d immediately after the RT session. Serum concentrations of regulatory markers and body composition were measured at baseline and after 12 weeks. Significant main effects of time were observed for body weight (WER 1·7, EWR 1·8 kg), skeletal muscle mass (WER 2·9, EWR 2·7 kg), fibroblast growth factor-2 (WER 116·1, EWR 83·2 pg/ml) and follistatin (WER 0·05, EWR 0·04 ng/ml), which significantly increased (P < 0·05), and for fat mass (WER -1·9, EWR -1·1 kg), transforming growth factor-β1 (WER -0·5, EWR -0·1 ng/ml), activin A (WER -6·2, EWR -4·5 pg/ml) and myostatin (WER -0·1, EWR -0·06 ng/ml), which significantly decreased (P < 0·05) in both WER and EWR groups. The consumption of eggs absent of yolk during chronic RT resulted in similar body composition and functional outcomes as WE of equal protein value. EW or WE may be used interchangeably for the dietary support of RT-induced muscular hypertrophy when protein intake is maintained.

The study above has weaknesses as well, but it is a f/u study to the one you posted.

I think people who are saying "eat the whole egg" are taking his question out of context, which had nothing to do with eating a whole egg, but rather eating eggs out of the carton, which was the topic at hand. Yes, eating a whole egg can be beneficial in the context of the person's diet and how it is structured, but it may not be also, depending...on the context and how their diet is structured. Not everybody wants the added fats in their diet like others do, so again, the context of adding more egg whites can be beneficial for them.

BTW...not knocking whole eggs, or you Emeric, I have a lot of respect for knowledge that you bring. Thanks!
Yes egg white is one of the best source of complete protein, my post was not intended to trash egg whites.

these guys are talking about consuming 8 ounces or more of egg whites at a time multiple times a day. Nobody is gonna be doing that with yolks
As Emeric often has said he eats 3 dozen whole eggs a day as i remember. But can't say that i would be up for that myself. That is one of the reasons i consume egg whites. As well as other protein sources. I eat protein for muscle building but also health and enjoyment.

As Emeric often has said he eats 3 dozen whole eggs a day as i remember. But can't say that i would be up for that myself. That is one of the reasons i consume egg whites. As well as other protein sources. I eat protein for muscle building but also health and enjoyment.
There is more egg white volume in egg than yolk, egg whites have 10.8g per 100g, egg yolk contains 16.4g per 100g. You will be fine with just eating egg whites. I eat the yolk for the extra benefits.

There is more egg white volume in egg than yolk, egg whites have 10.8g per 100g, egg yolk contains 16.4g per 100g. You will be fine with just eating egg whites. I eat the yolk for the extra benefits.
I eat the yolks too. Just not hear as many as you. My digestion would take some time with all the fat i would get from them.

I could believe 3 dozen whole eggs. I ate 2 dozen a day for years. That said, no fucking way I could eat the equivalent amount of protein from just yolks, and the fat content and calories would be insane. I do however, always add 1 egg yolk to any whites I’m eating to take advantage of the biotin in the yolk to help with digestibility

I could believe 3 dozen whole eggs. I ate 2 dozen a day for years. That said, no fucking way I could eat the equivalent amount of protein from just yolks, and the fat content and calories would be insane. I do however, always add 1 egg yolk to any whites I’m eating to take advantage of the biotin in the yolk to help with digestibility
I eat both, the white and yolk.

Liquid egg whites are very convenient. I use plain egg whites due to cost and quantity I use. My wife uses muscle egg bc she only uses 8oz one time a day

But pre workout no one wants all that fat. Does mixing 1 whole egg with the cartoon of egg whites help?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131