over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intermittent fasting fine for bulking

The doctor does in fact suggest it in non-specific terms, but none of the studies he's conducted or that they cited actually show that.

I still don't see anything here that definitively backs up the thread title or the statement from the OP: "The science says this is fine for gaining".
The title is based on the general conclusions and recommendation the guys in the video made based on the studies. If we look at what they actually say, it seems it's a no brainer that if (16/8) doesn't lead to more muscle loss shen cutting.

The only question is if it hinders muscle gain when bulking. It sounds like they say it doesn't but I don't see any of the studies mention calorie intake just "body composition".

Why would it not work for bulking just as it does for cutting? It's all about the energy balance. That's not to say it's optimal because I don't think it is for various reasons.

But why would you do IF as a BB'er?

I like you QB but it seems you are always looking for other ways to get the job done while we know what works and what doesn't already and so do you 😉

Is it an OCD-, wanting to experiment thing? Or what causes you to constantly try unnecessary new things?

Or are you looking for the Holy Grail of bodybuilding? The Holy Grail is already covered by BigA's "The truth"-thread imo.

Again, not dissing you here 😉 But I get fatigued thinking about how much thinking you must be doing on this hobby/sport of ours. Just chill, you know what you need to do to get optimal results.
I definitely can be ocd but try to keep things simple.

Current training - bro split, low volume, no rir just to failure

AAS - as many know I'm pretty anti supplements (none of it is worth time worrying about it imo)...2 compounds

Diet a bit more OCD because I'm one of those stay lean guys lol, so I feel like the little manipulation are more important ...as we know it's hard to improve when not putting on fat

But as to the intermediate fasting I prefer it because it makes things more similar, no taking meals to work, waking up earlier to eat breakfast etc. I just always hear how you need to spike protein synthesis multiple times per day so found it interesting, the video

I dont know any BBer who would actually choose IF to gain weight and bulk.

It goes against everything we've been taught lol You want lots of cals, so why would you restrict for a certain part of the day? Unless there was some magic happening during this time (there isn't). So totally makes sense when it comes to dieting and people's schedule — but for bulking and growing? Hell no. Like BBOY said, i was a steady influx of aminos in my bloodstream.

I dont know any BBer who would actually choose IF to gain weight and bulk.

It goes against everything we've been taught lol You want lots of cals, so why would you restrict for a certain part of the day? Unless there was some magic happening during this time (there isn't). So totally makes sense when it comes to dieting and people's schedule — but for bulking and growing? Hell no. Like BBOY said, i was a steady influx of aminos in my bloodstream.
100 percent agree. I think it's more for smaller guys who are looking to recomp or "grow lean".

I find if useful because i eat 3k calories but my appetite wants 6k. I want all those 3k to be a meal I can sit down and enjoy at home, not something on my lunch break where a co worker can try and strike up a conversation and ruin my meal.

So I'll go to work, come home relax eat a nice 800 calorie meal. Train. Eat a second Post workout meal 800. Then one around 8pm. Then another at 10:30 or so before bed.

But if I was 240+ needing 6k to bulk, wouldn't be the best idea because 6k calories in 8 hours (clean food) isn't doable for most

I would tend to think that if calories/protein was spread out it could be absorbed somewhat better. But in the end i doubt that the body is only going to digest a portion of the protein and leave the rest pass through unused if it can utilize it. The body will do what it thinks it needs to do to survive. The idea of trying to eat a few hundred grams of protein in a short window seems less then pleasant to me.

100 percent agree. I think it's more for smaller guys who are looking to recomp or "grow lean".

I find if useful because i eat 3k calories but my appetite wants 6k. I want all those 3k to be a meal I can sit down and enjoy at home, not something on my lunch break where a co worker can try and strike up a conversation and ruin my meal.

So I'll go to work, come home relax eat a nice 800 calorie meal. Train. Eat a second Post workout meal 800. Then one around 8pm. Then another at 10:30 or so before bed.

But if I was 240+ needing 6k to bulk, wouldn't be the best idea because 6k calories in 8 hours (clean food) isn't doable for most
firstly, IF is not optimal due to MPS, which in the case of periodic fasting will not be optimal - secondly, from what I remember, you weigh less than 200lbs and do not care about large muscles, so I would not worry and do as you feel comfortable

firstly, IF is not optimal due to MPS, which in the case of periodic fasting will not be optimal - secondly, from what I remember, you weigh less than 200lbs and do not care about large muscles, so I would not worry and do as you feel comfortable
My initial thoughts as well on the multiple meals spaced and benefit on mps, but the research they cite say even though your stimulation mps fewer times, the study results say it is no less optimal. But again these aren't 250lb guys near their genetic limit. The participants are more similar to me, sub 200, aiming to improve physique but not close to their genetic limit and using large dosages of AAS.

If you’re really trying to grow, every gram of muscle counts and it adds up over months and years and those grams become pounds. You’re going to miss out on those seemingly insignificant grams by fasting and IF.

My initial thoughts as well on the multiple meals spaced and benefit on mps, but the research they cite say even though your stimulation mps fewer times, the study results say it is no less optimal. But again these aren't 250lb guys near their genetic limit. The participants are more similar to me, sub 200, aiming to improve physique but not close to their genetic limit and using large dosages of AAS.
For someone with a master's degree it's mind-boggling that you still don't comprehend this - you will never make the gains you want of noticeably improving delts, arms, etc., with the approach you take of minimal gear and minimal food. Nobody makes physique-altering improvements like that. If you want 3lbs. in a year yeah then go for it, but that's absolutely not physique-altering and nobody will notice you gained anything.

I'm not an anti-science bodybuilder, it definitely has valuable contributions. But when it comes to efficiently and effectively building muscle the big guys here know infinitely more than the scientists. Lab data is good but it pales in comparison to real life, in the trenches bodybuilding. The body isn't a textbook, you can't take these studies and say this is the right way for people to do things.

I look forward to using intermittent fasting once I’m retired from BB and maintaining a svelte 205-215 lb physique.

Since I’m currently trying to get huuuuuge I stick with the tried and true ‘eat when hungry which is usually every 2.5 to 3 hours conveniently resulting in a steady supply of aminos and a six meals/day plan’ method.

No, it doesn't.

I'm trying to be nice about this but I just spent several posts explaining why the science doesn't actually say this, and you actually admitted as such, but then you keep repeating this.

This thread title, and your statement that "The science says this is fine for gaining" are categorically false.

From what we understand about muscle protein synthesis, there's compelling reason to doubt that the evidence from the studies cited would translate into a significant gaining phase, and until a study specifically tests this, we don't have significant evidence either way.

BTW, I say this as someone who has used 16/8-ish IF as my primary eating method for the last 15 years, so I would nothing more than for this to be the case. But the science just doesn't say it, yet.

For someone with a master's degree it's mind-boggling that you still don't comprehend this - you will never make the gains you want of noticeably improving delts, arms, etc., with the approach you take of minimal gear and minimal food. Nobody makes physique-altering improvements like that. If you want 3lbs. in a year yeah then go for it, but that's absolutely not physique-altering and nobody will notice you gained anything.

I'm not an anti-science bodybuilder, it definitely has valuable contributions. But when it comes to efficiently and effectively building muscle the big guys here know infinitely more than the scientists. Lab data is good but it pales in comparison to real life, in the trenches bodybuilding. The body isn't a textbook, you can't take these studies and say this is the right way for people to do things.
The OP should print this and put it on his bathroom mirror.

I forgot his name now. Not Kali Muscle. Not CT Fletcher. The other giant black YouTuber. Only eats one gigantic meal when bulking.

Even if it were true, you would be talking about the exception not the rule.

I forgot his name now. Not Kali Muscle. Not CT Fletcher. The other giant black YouTuber. Only eats one gigantic meal when bulking.
You said you know a lot of people, that's just one person, and you can't even remember his name.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws