over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doing Dips with Rings

5millionbucks

Registered
So I have a question regarding exercises related with rings in general. The ring dips and push ups require a shit ton of more stabilization compared to regular push ups and dips. I understand stabilization is really a bigger factor with these exercises, but can they put on more mass and strength compared to fixed movement dips/push ups since they require more muscle fiber being used? Kind of how people compare smith machine with barbell exercises, the free weights require more stability and fibers compared to the smith.

I can crank out alot of push ups with weights on my back and even weighted dips, but the rings I have to use only my bodyweight.

To your question about being able to build more mass/strength using rings versus a fixed apparatus, I highly doubt it. You're going to be much more limited in the amount of additional loading you can use because, as you said, it's so much more unstable and taxing because of how much it takes to stabilize. I've got rings at home and agree those pressing exercises, especially dips, are much harder to perform. I've used up to a 150 lb dumbbell for weighted dips on a typical dip bar station and wouldn't be able to use a fraction of that with rings. Honestly, I'm not even comfortable trying to do ring dips with additional weight as I'm paranoid about form breakdown, especially since I like to push as close to failure as possible.

Imo the rings thing comes from YouTube guys trying to get clicks on YouTube reinventing the wheel. Next they will be doing pushups on their head for big traps.

It is a acquired skill that is all.

Nothing more, nothing less.

When push comes to shove you will be able to handle more weight with stationary dips regardless of your acquired skill.

If you are okay with that, they feel good to you, cool.

Rings will help stability and the core. It’ll do nothing for mass. Push-ups in general should be done for a warm up if your pushing for mass.

Cage

I guarantee close grip bench presses with 225 will do much more for your triceps than ring dips ever could. Not to mention the injury risk

Rings will help stability and the core. It’ll do nothing for mass. Push-ups in general should be done for a warm up if your pushing for mass.

Cage
“nothing” is a big positive word.

O believe it will add muscle as long as you increase repetitions / adds weight but nothing in relationship stationary dips. And I think you will top out fairly quickly where with the regular dips the potential for further development is greater.

Ring dips for somebody new to gymnastics or weight training will quickly see improvements, same with regular dips, but eventually regular dips will surpass ring dips in development.

My opinion from somebody who took 2 years of gymnastics in college (did not compete) and further trained with two Olympic champions years later.

“nothing” is a big positive word.

O believe it will add muscle as long as you increase repetitions / adds weight but nothing in relationship stationary dips. And I think you will top out fairly quickly where with the regular dips the potential for further development is greater.

Ring dips for somebody new to gymnastics or weight training will quickly see improvements, same with regular dips, but eventually regular dips will surpass ring dips in development.

My opinion from somebody who took 2 years of gymnastics in college (did not compete) and further trained with two Olympic champions years later.
I’m referring to mass specifically. You will not add 3-6” on your chest measurement doing push-ups.

However, if mass isn’t your ultimate goal and you just want toned or sculpted physique then rock on.

Cage

I’m referring to mass specifically. You will not add 3-6” on your chest measurement doing push-ups.

However, if mass isn’t your ultimate goal and you just want toned or sculpted physique then rock on.

Cage
And I was not referring to push-ups 😉

Cage
Really depends on someones genetic, I mean I seen guys come out of prison with no weights esp if they did fed time or people from California and they mainly just do push ups and dips for chest development whether they add resistance or not, they have some crazy development. But they have crazy genetics so weights would do the same or even more for them.

For me I can a way bigger pump do 40-50 push ups in a row compared to doing 3 sets of 8-12 on the bench press.

I'd use a ring variation as an accessory to stationary. Program them to compliment each other and I suspect you'll progress faster than either used alone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity