over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Apo B Results

old timer

Registered
I just had my Apo B tested along with the other lipid numbers for my annual physical. Other than eating ~1.5 to 2 lbs of red meat per week (usually 90/10 ground beef but occasionally roast or a Whopper from BK) and eating a true serving of Mini-Wheats cereal most days, my diet is good (oatmeal, beans, chicken, fruits, vegetables, etc.). My results:

Apo B: 100

HDL: 63
LDL: 143
Trig: 42
Total: 214

Total/HDL = 3.4
Trig/HDL = 0.67

The two ra

tios indicate a very low chance of a cardiac event but my Apo B number is above the recommended max of 90. What do you think? How would you interpret this data?

As for cholesterol i wouldn't worry about it. As it sees those with levels in the 200-210 live longest. Normal range for Aop B normal levels seem to be up to 120 or 130 from many references. I would be interested in getting a breakdown of the LDL. Have you ever had a VLDL test?

The range that is shown on my labs shows:

Optimal range: Under 90 mg/dL
Moderate risk: Between 90-119 mg/dL
High risk: Over 120 mg/dL

So you are probably in the average to low range. And your HDL level is very good.

Did you get results for lipoprotein (a) as well?

Cholesterol, one of the biggest medical screw-ups in history. People need to worry about it less, especially those with markers barely outside a range.
They are just that, and anything close is of course "OK".

Those w/ horribly bad markers, way outside every range, and for a long time, yes, they should worry and do something about it... Statin-Med's were initially made for those folks.
Yet, they pass 'em out like skittles, even to kids, etc. They would put every person (at birth) on a statin if they could. ($$$$$$$$$$$$$).

I just had my Apo B tested along with the other lipid numbers for my annual physical. Other than eating ~1.5 to 2 lbs of red meat per week (usually 90/10 ground beef but occasionally roast or a Whopper from BK) and eating a true serving of Mini-Wheats cereal most days, my diet is good (oatmeal, beans, chicken, fruits, vegetables, etc.). My results:

Apo B: 100

HDL: 63
LDL: 143
Trig: 42
Total: 214

Total/HDL = 3.4
Trig/HDL = 0.67

The two ra

tios indicate a very low chance of a cardiac event but my Apo B number is above the recommended max of 90. What do you think? How would you interpret this data?
Unfortunately, Apo B is the most significant test you had here, and it's high. You want to lower that as much as you can (at least down to 80). The way to lower it is essentially the same way you would try to lower LDL (which is also high).

Might consider doing a Calcium CT scan too, they are cheap, fast, easy.

As for cholesterol i wouldn't worry about it. As it sees those with levels in the 200-210 live longest. Normal range for Aop B normal levels seem to be up to 120 or 130 from many references. I would be interested in getting a breakdown of the LDL. Have you ever had a VLDL test?
I didn't have my VLDL tested this year, but in the past it's been very low 9, 9, and 13. The 13 was my VLDL when my LDL was 145.

Unfortunately, Apo B is the most significant test you had here, and it's high. You want to lower that as much as you can (at least down to 80). The way to lower it is essentially the same way you would try to lower LDL (which is also high).
Do you put more weight on the Apo B than the Total/HDL or the Trig/HDL ratios?

Do you put more weight on the Apo B than the Total/HDL or the Trig/HDL ratios?
Yes the others are more useful only if you don't already know your Apo B (according to the lipidolist dr. thomas dayspring)

You can improve it though

I didn't have my VLDL tested this year, but in the past it's been very low 9, 9, and 13. The 13 was my VLDL when my LDL was 145.
your vldl is total mine hdl and ldl. so this time around its 8 for you. thats pretty good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity