YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee labrada low sodium Vs Stan high sodium? why diffrent opinions?

That’s a good bit to take at once , taking to much will often cause you to vomit or give you diarrhea later.
id simply increase your sodium intake through the day for several days rater than try to force something “right now”. Simply adding a couple V8 juice will make most people fell significantly better pretty fast not only because it’s loaded with sod but other vitamins and nutrients as well.
it ta the body a couple days to adjust to a new regime.
add 5 grams to your diet a day and after a few day evaluate how you feel and look , then add a little more and see what happens
yeah i think it was to much gave me diarrhea been on 6000mg 3 days now and water still high 5-6 litre per day.

is it better to spread it trough the day then take half the dose pre workout?

ex 800-1000mg per meal then preworkout 750mg?

Appreciate the help

yeah i think it was to much gave me diarrhea been on 6000mg 3 days now and water still high 5-6 litre per day.

is it better to spread it trough the day then take half the dose pre workout?

ex 800-1000mg per meal then preworkout 750mg?

Appreciate the help
I’d always try and put most around my training.

For example, with 6 meals a day shooting 6g sodium I’d personally do:

M1: 700mg

M2: 700mg

M3 (PWO meal): 1000mg

Pre shake: 1000mg

Intra shake: 500mg

M4: 700mg

M5: 700mg

M6: 700mg

Total: 6g

Something like that. I don’t track that closely anymore, but I use pretty much same condiments/salt on all meals, then I just add extra salt to my pre meal, preworkout drink and intra shake.

Pre shake: 1000mg

Intra shake: 500mg

M4: 700mg

M5: 700mg

M6: 700mg

Total: 6g

Something like that
yeah much better then smash 2300mg pre workout to much for the body to absorb causing bloating. i guess

yeah much better then smash 2300mg pre workout to much for the body to absorb causing bloating. i guess
100%, probably felt like you just had some McDonald’s lol.

A great perk though about having your body acclimated to high sodium is eventually when you DO go off and have a high sodium cheat meal... the water retention is minimal since you are used to it.

100%, probably felt like you just had some McDonald’s lol.

A great perk though about having your body acclimated to high sodium is eventually when you DO go off and have a high sodium cheat meal... the water retention is minimal since you are used to it.
yes thats true thats why o hate low sodium then have a cheatmeal look like 20 weeks out haha 😅

did back today here is 2 photo of back looks very watery what you think?

Attachments

• AF10211C-5821-4028-9BDC-3990D8162D17.jpeg
    AF10211C-5821-4028-9BDC-3990D8162D17.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 35
  • B3D398AC-F55E-4F3B-82B9-D1A196596F32.jpeg
    B3D398AC-F55E-4F3B-82B9-D1A196596F32.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 35
do you really measure sodium supply so accurately ...? no pro bodybuilder does this, just keep him high on a similar level and don't complicate simple things
yes or it goes out of control i measure sodium - potassium same i measure my macros/calories. I know i am overdoing it 😩

yes or it goes out of control i measure sodium - potassium same i measure my macros/calories. I know i am overdoing it 😩
Do worry with micro management of the electrolytes , just make sure you are getting more than enough and the body will make sure the balance stays where the body wants it , homeostasis is an great thing when we leave it alone and let it work

Simply add a little more sodium seasoning to eat meal , a dash of soy sauce , extra mustard , a couple V8 juice. Have some bananas , sweet potatoes and tomatos through the day for adding potassium. Drink a Gatorade with a pinch of salt added for pre/intra workout

And don't use the pink Himalayan salt , use sea salt or iodized salt. The "Pink" salt doesn't have iodine in it which is critical for several things especially thyroid.

Yikes, I don't measure this accurately every day. Can be 6, 8, 10+ grams a day, I don't know. I just don't restrict anything like spices or sauces (unless contain high sugar). I do a lot of hot sauce (hot peppers). I can tear any meal up with a few dabs of hot sauce.

Here are a few of the spices I use most , enough that they stay in my desk at work.
Different hot sauce as well , many are low calorie but higher sodium and mustard. My last couple contest prep I was eating mustard like I owned stock in that shit , honey , creole , whatever
Sugar free ketchup is something John Meadows suggested to me as well.
I personally boil my white potatoes (actually the little red ones) is crawfish boil so they are spicy, makes eating them alot easier , add in some mushrooms and garlic and you can increase the volume of your meal a good bit without adding calories.
Use Kerry gold salted butter as well

Attachments

• IMG_20221016_131847327.jpg
    IMG_20221016_131847327.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20221016_131827543.jpg
    IMG_20221016_131827543.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20221016_131804342.jpg
    IMG_20221016_131804342.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
100%. Feel weak, no pumps, look terrible.
I increased my water intake too rapidly (nearly doubling my normal intake)

In 2 days I had a throbbing headache and insane dry mouth. Terrible edema in ankles.

People can and have died from this.

Look up hyponatremia if you’re unaware of the dangers.

It took me about two weeks to sort it out and it’s now getting better. Luckily, because I’m three weeks out from my show.

it was quite a stressful time to experience this lol

Here are a few of the spices I use most , enough that they stay in my desk at work.
Different hot sauce as well , many are low calorie but higher sodium and mustard. My last couple contest prep I was eating mustard like I owned stock in that shit , honey , creole , whatever
I personally boil my white potatoes (actually the little red ones) is crawfish boil so they are spicy, makes eating them alot easier , add in some mushrooms and garlic and you can increase the volume of your meal a good bit without adding calories.
We do the boils up here also with Old Bay and sea salt. And it's spicy, high sodium. Not McDonald's high but still 1,000-1,500mg/serv. Only we use hardshell blue crabs instead of crayfish but they're both hella good. I use red potatoes a lot also. Those are good for almost anything.

In 2 days I had a throbbing headache and insane dry mouth. Terrible edema in ankles.

It took me about two weeks to sort it out and it’s now getting better. Luckily, because I’m three weeks out from my show.

What was the reasoning behind such a drastic change??
luckily you have time to catch it and hopefully balance it back out , a lot of times huge over compensation (rebound)happens and then you have to deal with that

I can absolutely attest to drinking too much water being harmful for kidneys and dilluting sodium where you are out of range. I was that fool drinking 2+ gallons per day. Some do it and get away with it, I won't again.3-4 l max for me.

I can absolutely attest to drinking too much water being harmful for kidneys and dilluting sodium where you are out of range. I was that fool drinking 2+ gallons per day. Some do it and get away with it, I won't again.3-4 l max for me.
I hate drinking 5-6 litres a day peeing constantly and if i drink 3 litre i get flat fast dont understand why. very weird body even had 2 top level coaches could not dial me in to the show fahkri mubarak and cliff. was peeled but flat even carbed up 3 days.

Yep I’ve experienced similar. Scroll up a tad I told my story in this thread as well. Freaky stuff.

Creole ❤️

Yikes, I don't measure this accurately every day. Can be 6, 8, 10+ grams a day, I don't know. I just don't restrict anything like spices or sauces (unless contain high sugar). I do a lot of hot sauce (hot peppers). I can tear any meal up with a few dabs of hot sauce.
Same, yeah. Just giving a rough idea though. I’m consistent mostly though, which id say is what matters.

You guys above are all describing the hardship of electrolyte balance/imbalance that goes along with not only adding in electrolytes, but fluids. The main thing is to keep the amounts as stable/constant as possible. It is never going to be perfect. Just have a rough estimate of what you are getting in. If you increase water by a few liters, you will need to adjust your electrolytes as well. If you sit at a desk job in an air conditioned room all day, you will require less. If you do manual work outside sweating all the time, you will need more.

There is also nu-salt at the store that has both sodium chloride and potassium bitartrate. You can measure it out using 1/4 teaspoon increments. I also have a pink salt shaker, and if i twist it 3x, i get around 1 gram in weight total.

I usually get a gallon in with crystal light, then 8-24oz from milk or almond milk, plus extra water in shakes, etc. It's more on w/o days and less on non-training days.

Use what you need instead of a pre-set amount. Increase it slowly. In the end, it's a guessing game for everybody to some degree.

Yeah always when on diet or low carb high sodium or you look flat and no

I did tried that to but he recommend 2:1 potassium to sodium. higher potassium then sodium = increase aldosterone = water retention or am i wrong? i know he very knowledge guy but something seem off there.

I used to hold a lot of water with salt. Then I got into endurance sports and felt terrible with low salt. So I increased sodium and looked like shit for a week than my body dropped aldosterone levels and the sub q water dropped. If most athletes give it a week they'll feel muck better.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws