over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who else feels the same?

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
Ive been lifting now for probably 15 years and Ive come to a point in my training where I don’t even look forward to going to the gym anymore. I do push myself to go to the gym and eat a certain way though because I know I have to in order to maintain the look but I definitely do not enjoy it like I once did. Anybody else feel them same ?

Ive been lifting now for probably 15 years and Ive come to a point in my training where I don’t even look forward to going to the gym anymore. I do push myself to go to the gym and eat a certain way though because I know I have to in order to maintain the look but I definitely do not enjoy it like I once did. Anybody else feel them same ?
When was your last deload or fuck it week?

its called burn out... it happens to all of us and especially as we age... get fat.. literally let yourself go... then wake up one day and see what kind of a fat slob you have become... your mindset will change asap.. happened to me 1 time.. i got tired of going... eat the same shit say in day out.. training... so i stopped. let myself go and looked in the mirror one day and was horrified... never had that issue since... except now as i get older. i listen to my body. if my body needs rest. i give it. i still push it.. push through the laziness... but id train even when i shouldnt have when i was younger... now. i listen.

This has been me the last year or so. Can’t seem to shake it unfortunately

Just don’t go…come off, get soft and the self loathing should help motivate you to go back and go hard. And if you end up liking that look, congrats, you can find a new hobby to occupy the time you used to spend going to the gym.

I was burnt out you need a break. I had a time period that I would pull in the gym parking lot and think if I was going in> after I cycled down and took a month off I was back at it. It happens.

bro i seldom go alone, i have have a homey or gf with me, codepency:!!?!?! if I dose ket before I am fine but other than that im in a bad mood usually around people unless they are potential clients lol. also im high profile in the city i go to lift in grew up there ran a biz there for 10 years and did some wild shit in my youth there.

ya been lifting since 11, you have to get into other physical activities, make new goals with other hobbies, dont have to stop lifting but you dont have to be as consistent, these days I am into whole bunch of shit

The gym (empty @ 3am) is my place of peace. It’s the one place I can let loose for an hour and nothing else matters. Some ppl need drugs, shrinks, pills…. I am fortunate to just need a barbell. 23 consistent years in and i can’t see that ever changing.

Maybe it’s time for something new for you? If you don’t enjoy something, life is too short to waste your time w it. Change it up, I’m sure the iron will call you back :)

I change up my goals. For years I was chasing aesthetics for vanity. Not huge, the “I’m 185 lbs and ripped, check out my abs” guy. I got burned out restricting cals and being “that guy” who brought meal prep to a family holiday dinner. Woke up one day next to my hot ass gf at the time and realized she didn’t give a shit about my physique, she loved me because we had a deep connection and she loved my career ambition and the money I made. Made a switch.

I picked up powerlifting and chased that for years, fell in love with the challenge and progress. Got fluffy but got strong as a bull, one time at the office the ladies were rearranging things and I picked up a whole ass fridge and moved in 30 feet for them just because I could. Ran into health issues that make it unlikely I’ll achieve many further podiums or medals, that almost made me want to quit lifting.

Now in the past 6 months I’ve realized I’ve never truly pursued size and muscle growth/maturity intensely, so now I added gh and slin for the first time ever and have my nutrition on point to the point where I’m like Walter white measuring out my periworkout nutrition, force feeding food all day, resting with intent, and boom - noticeable progress once again. XL shirts are suddenly too small, weights at the gym feel like toys, scale moving up and bf staying level.

I just find new rabbits to chase when things get stale.

I feel burnt out when the injuries creep up. Makes you wonder why you are even doing this at times when you feel like a wreck, which is a common byproduct of heavy, chronic resistance training. When injuries are at bay I get energized from seeing progress and just enjoy it as a hobby.

The gym (empty @ 3am) is my place of peace. It’s the one place I can let loose for an hour and nothing else matters. Some ppl need drugs, shrinks, pills…. I am fortunate to just need a barbell. 23 consistent years in and i can’t see that ever changing.

Maybe it’s time for something new for you? If you don’t enjoy something, life is too short to waste your time w it. Change it up, I’m sure the iron will call you back :)
Wow, 3am?? Christ, are you a morning person? Or is your schedule flipped like you sleep in the daytime and up at night?

Cage

Yes.... stopped training for 12-14 years. Wished I wouldn't have. Take a week or two off. Take a week and eat whatever you want or don't eat at all. Just relax and enjoy life for a couple weeks. You might realize after a week or 3 that you do want to be in the gym living the lifestyle.

OP, didn’t you just have a newborn recently? Life’s changing in real time with you is all. Take some time away from the gym to enjoy the lil one. That time flies by!!!! I know at times it can be frustrating, but it’ll pass. Eventually your home life with normalize/stabilize and you can reassess your goals. Maybe the gym won’t be a big part anymore. Then again maybe it will!

Cage

I’m just not a ‘people person’ lol

I avoid the rest of you fuckers at all cost….
You and me both! That’s the reason I started putting together my own equipment setup. I loathed public gyms. I can’t even imagine hitting one today with social media the way it is…

Cage

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity