YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What can cause low potassium levels and super high creatinine levels?

Fatboy3580

Registered
Newbies
I’m only on trt. And a small dose of t3
stopped hgh because wasn’t sure what was going on.
I had to go to the Emergency Room because my legs wouldn’t work at all and even my arms were extremely weak.
They gave me iv potassium and fluids .admitted me cause the very high creatinine levels?and the extremely low
Potassium levels.

Not a doctor but just initial thoughts...too little or too much water, prescription medications , kidney issues. Was there protein in your urine?

Was there a noticeable darkening of your urine? Did they run a cystatin c test?

sounds scary like you got something that messed you up, sounds like a kidney issue though

What were the numbers of each?

What other bloodwork did they do?
They did all blood work.potassium was low single digits and creatinine went from 1000-7000 overnight .not sure what caused this.I couldn’t go to the gym for awhile due to surgeries.then went back last Saturday and that’s the same day I felt my legs were really weak but overnight couldn’t walk at all even with instruments.they also found more damage in my back .I had an instrumental spinal fusion on L4 and L5
Before this and they said there was increased stenosis at L4,L5,S1 and S2.
Plus a bulging disc and abnormal tissue growth where the fusion is.
Now I’ve been home and today it’s starting again with my legs.

They did all blood work.potassium was low single digits and creatinine went from 1000-7000 overnight .not sure what caused this.I couldn’t go to the gym for awhile due to surgeries.then went back last Saturday and that’s the same day I felt my legs were really weak but overnight couldn’t walk at all even with instruments.they also found more damage in my back .I had an instrumental spinal fusion on L4 and L5
Are you referring to Creatine kinase (CK) or Creatinine? I think you're confused.

Are you referring to Creatine kinase (CK) or Creatinine? I think you're confused.
Yes CK will be high due to inflammation of back.

I think your back trouble is your main problem.

Are you dehydrated at all? What is your fluid and electrolytes like?

Any meds prior to hospitalization?

Also, how long ago was your surgery/Spinal Fusion? Recent?

Taking creatine supplementation?

Are you dehydrated at all? What is your fluid and electrolytes like?

A lot of meds cause of chronic pain and that caused high blood pressure.I was
Are you dehydrated at all? What is your fluid

and electrolytes like?

Electrolytes are off so stopped my prescribed water pills (lasex) .I’m on a lot of meds for chronic neck and back pain.Also on clonazepam for anxiety and cymbalta for back pain and anti depressant.there’s just too many to list.
my lower back surgery was 2 years ago plus before that they did a 10 level instrumental spinal fusion.
(C2-T4).also had a hip replacement after the lower back fusion.I’m not going through every surgery cause it’s a lot.
I never take creatine.
They said I have Rhabdo but I also thought it was related to my back.
I’ll have repeat blood work on November 11th.that’s the earliest I can see my doctor.made that appointment over a month ago

Look at your prescription medications and see if any of them are known for lowering potassium levels. When I had injured my back I was prescribed Prednisone...... which is known to lower potassium levels. Ended up in the same scenario...... getting taken to the ER feeling like I was on my death bed, just to find out it was all because of low potassium levels. They gave me some potassium supplements and within an hour I was completely fine. Still got a bill for like $2,500 just for a couple tests and some potassium pills...... but I guess that's a whole other topic ;)

Anyways, I cut out the Prednisone after that.

It has signs of Rhabdo, but it could be a cumulative effect from everything, if I had to guess. Let us know how the bloodwork from the11th comes out. Stay hydrated and get electrolytes in. I would not go 0-100mph, but gradually increase both. Yes, be noteworthy of the drugs/supps that will lower potassium. Lasix is a loop diuretic and will definitely lower potassium. Prednisone will decrease it some, but Lasix is probably the cause if I had to guess. Look into Nu-Salt in the stores and add it to your meals. You can measure it out by 1/4 teaspoon increments that have the amounts of sodium/potassium listed on the bottle. If you discontinue Lasix, it should help though, so increase slowly on the electrolytes if you are not very active and losing fluids via sweat, etc. Clonazepam can both lower and raise potassium levels so keep that in mind. Cymbalta can lower sodium levels.

Electrolytes are off so stopped my prescribed water pills (lasex) .I’m on a lot of meds for chronic neck and back pain.Also on clonazepam for anxiety and cymbalta for back pain and anti depressant.there’s just too many to list.
my lower back surgery was 2 years ago plus before that they did a 10 level instrumental spinal fusion.
(C2-T4).also had a hip replacement after the lower back fusion.I’m not going through every surgery cause it’s a lot.
I never take creatine.
They said I have Rhabdo but I also thought it was related to my back.
I’ll have repeat blood work on November 11th.that’s the earliest I can see my doctor.made that appointment over a month ago
Your on a ton of various medications I think this is the root of your problem. Do you really need all these meds? Does a single doctor prescribe all these? I can't imagine One doctor would advise you to be on all that

Your on a ton of various medications I think this is the root of your problem. Do you really need all these meds? Does a single doctor prescribe all these? I can't imagine One doctor would advise you to be on all that
Yes it’s 3 doctors.my pain management dr(psychiatrist,and the rest from my primary DR.They all know exactly what I’m on so they have the right to drop anything if they saw a problem but been on most meds for 20 years.never had a problem till now.
Also my pain meds were much higher before kids starting selling and abusing scripts.
I’ve been off the lasex for about a week now but my blood pressure went up and I’m still on 2 blood pressure meds.
Also my pain has been really bad lately and I can’t do more surgery till a huge iinfection I got from my last surgery.6 months and still healing and have a nurse come to my house 3 times a week.I winded up with a level 4 ulcer,which is the worst it can get.
Too many things are happening lately:
They also found 2 tumors in my head but they’re not malignant but they still want to remove one.
4 more surgeries to go,then I’m sure something else will show up.
Most of my problems came from a car accident,which wasn’t my fault.

Yes it’s 3 doctors.my pain management dr(psychiatrist,and the rest from my primary DR.They all know exactly what I’m on so they have the right to drop anything if they saw a problem but been on most meds for 20 years.never had a problem till now.
Also my pain meds were much higher before kids starting selling and abusing scripts.
I’ve been off the lasex for about a week now but my blood pressure went up and I’m still on 2 blood pressure meds.
Also my pain has been really bad lately and I can’t do more surgery till a huge iinfection I got from my last surgery.6 months and still healing and have a nurse come to my house 3 times a week.I winded up with a level 4 ulcer,which is the worst it can get.
Too many things are happening lately:
They also found 2 tumors in my head but they’re not malignant but they still want to remove one.
4 more surgeries to go,then I’m sure something else will show up.
Most of my problems came from a car accident,which wasn’t my fault.
Ok so my potassium was still very low and the hospital said I need to be on 20mg of potassium for life.I’ve been getting bloodwork monthly and my potassium is now normal.it could be from methadone since I read long term use can cause a drop in potassium :I can’t just drop my pain meds with no back up.if insurance eventually starts paying for medical marijuana I’d rather go that route since there’s many benefits from it.

If you need to up your potassium levels I recommend salting your meals with something like nu salt (potassium chloride). You can buy the name brand from walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nu-Salt-Salt-Substitute-3-Oz/30912598?from=/search or do what I do and buy it from amazon and save a ton of money https://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplements-Potassium-Chloride-Powder-Kilogram/dp/B00ENS39XK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3AZ6ZTTWSOM85&keywords=nu+salt&qid=1698358193&sprefix=nu+salt,aps,108&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1. I use this and iodized salt on all of my meals and also in my home made electrolyte drink.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131