over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You guys ever use weight gainers ?

beast405

Registered
Do you guys use weight gainers in the offseason when you’re pushing so much food and your appetite goes to shit ?

No, I make my own shakes.

Postworkout:
  • 2.75 servings ON hydro whey
  • 1.5 sevings Karbolyn
  • 16oz. Mott's apple juice
  • 925 calories - 82.5g protein - 133g carb - 5.5g fat
Meal replacement (put this in the freezer for a pudding for lunch today):
  • 2 servings Karbolyn
  • 3 servings raw organic honey
  • 1 serving almond butter
  • 1,185 calories - 82.5g protein - 154g carb - 21.5g fat
Price probably comes out similar to a premade gainer but I prefer ingredients I know digest well.

No, I make my own shakes.

Postworkout:
  • 1.5 sevings Karbolyn
  • 16oz. Mott's apple juice
  • 925 calories - 82.5g protein - 133g carb - 5.5g fat
Meal replacement (put this in the freezer for a pudding for lunch today):
  • 2 servings Karbolyn
  • 3 servings raw organic honey
  • 1 serving almond butter
  • 1,185 calories - 82.5g protein - 154g carb - 21.5g fat
Price probably comes out similar to a premade gainer but I prefer ingredients I know digest well.
Nice ! I’ve been using pre made gainers this offseason to help get my calories in. And it seems to be digesting well. But I may try your gainers soon.

You can go to TN and make your own weight gainer how you like it, and i'm sure it will come out WAY cheaper than buying them name brand at the store.

That said, you just have to get your protein source in, then add whatever you want for a drink, and it will come out super cheap(er) than paying for the ones at the store, and you know what you are putting in it.

I'm echoing the above posters.

I have used many but over the last 5-10 years I usually make my own. Although I haven't had one in ages but I am going to add one back in very soon. A very simple one for me is powdered oats with whey protein... simple but effective. If you get a blender you could add fruit to that and I used to do pineapple or kiwi with berries all the time with some oats. If you need extra calories then some almond/cashew butter or even dark chocolate or extra virgin olive oil. If standard oats don't digest well you could try gluten free oats or something else such as HBCD's, Karbolyn, Activated Barley or around training some organic honey or coconut sugar.

Read about John McCallums "Get Big Drink" when I was a kid reading the Muscle Mags, and have been making similar ones for decades.

(A bit more simple than his, but I put his idea into practice at the time). I still have one basic shake a day added to my meals.

Simple like:

Whey
Banana
Peanut Butter
Milk
Creatine

etc...

I've never personally had to use them but I've helped a few people that were hard gainers that could not stomach enough whole food.
In the end making our own ways easier and cheaper. Whey isolate with a sugary cereal like Coco krispies and peanut butter , or whey isolate with whole raw milk.

You can add a ton of calories per day just adding whole eggs , a few tablespoons of your favorite jelly to some white rice (seriously try it) fattier cuts of red meat or chicken thighs , butter or sour cream to your potatoes , even just adding a couple tablespoons of season olive oil to your veggies.

I like adding the natty peanut butter over the fake sugary cereal. That seems to be some new fad people do.
And youre right about the eggs, I forgot I add whole eggs in, etc. (When using a blender).

If just mixing and easy one in a shaker, protein, creatine, egg-whites, milk, etc...

I personally can’t do store bought weight gainers. The only thing they do for me is mess my stomach up. Making my own goes better. I add oats, milk, protein, and bananas.

Used the various brands when I was a youngblood.. Now it’s whole foods blended up with a protein powder.

•whatever brand of protein powder
•frozen berries
•oats
•almonds
•HBCD

Cage

The thing with weight gainers is it’s usually whey concentrate, maltodexrin, and a vegetable oil…..cheap materials.

If you have a blender…….

Whey….and boiled sweet potatoes and avocados ….whey/grits/nut butter,

And as stated above, rice Chex, whey, PB is fan fucking tastic.

REAL Cranberry juice…mostly glucose…iodine, high antioxidant value.

Only whole foods I don’t drink shake’s ever even When I eat 1300g carbs dayly

do you think that liquid meals can have any negative consequences, even if they consist of fully valuable macronutrients?

do you think that liquid meals can have any negative consequences, even if they consist of fully valuable macronutrients?
no, I just think that if you can't go off season and you have to cram kcal shake, it's time to end the off season or make a mini-diet

no, I just think that if you can't go off season and you have to cram kcal shake, it's time to end the off season or make a mini-diet
I agree up to a certain point. There is a factor that needs to be considered and it's time. When at work for 8 hrs a day + 30 minutes of driving there and back I simply don't have time to eat 3 or ideally 4 times. Which is why I will bring 1 big solid meal and add 2 or 3 big shakes with cream of rice, liquid egg whites and whey isolate. A shake takes me 3 minutes, boss is fine with that.

I agree up to a certain point. There is a factor that needs to be considered and it's time. When at work for 8 hrs a day + 30 minutes of driving there and back I simply don't have time to eat 3 or ideally 4 times. Which is why I will bring 1 big solid meal and add 2 or 3 big shakes with cream of rice, liquid egg whites and whey isolate. A shake takes me 3 minutes, boss is fine with that.
this situation is completely different and is completely understandable - I meant the moment when someone loses their appetite and tries to force calories into themselves by replacing food with shakes

thank you. Do you think what the offseason hunter did was not optimal?

In my gainer days i ate food. And 1 shake post workout a day. Nothing is better and more nutritious then food from what i have seen. Unless maybe if some one makes their won from varied sources. My favorite gainer products was the big 2-30 pound dog food size bags that were for sale in the 80'sand 90's. had to be soem good profit margins on those sugar filled products. well and the bloating and faring that went with them.

I have used many but over the last 5-10 years I usually make my own. Although I haven't had one in ages but I am going to add one back in very soon. A very simple one for me is powdered oats with whey protein... simple but effective. If you get a blender you could add fruit to that and I used to do pineapple or kiwi with berries all the time with some oats. If you need extra calories then some almond/cashew butter or even dark chocolate or extra virgin olive oil. If standard oats don't digest well you could try gluten free oats or something else such as HBCD's, Karbolyn, Activated Barley or around training some organic honey or coconut sugar.

Pre-soaking the oats can make a HUGE difference for myself and many who I have helped. Just cover in water in the fridge the night before or even a couple hours before consuming can make a world of difference.

At least here in the states you can get this stuff and save the trouble of grinding:
1666731854889.png 1666731892062.png

$0.17 an once when buying the small bags so not outrageous. Largest oat carb powder from a supplement company(muscle feast) is $0.27 an ounce so huge difference.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member