over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Picanha as your beef

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not sure what everyone uses for their sources of beef but with the cost of beef getting higher and higher everyone seems to be complaining about it.

Picanha is a cut from the top of the ass of a cow and from the store it comes pretty fatty but that's because it's have a thick layer of fat on top but the meat itself is pretty lean , looking at it I'd say leaner than flank , probably equal to sirloin. It's also really tender being that the muscle is not use as much.

I just cooked an cut up 30 pounds for a party tomorrow and completely forgot about this cut and how great it tastes.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was either wanting to try to save a little or just try something new.
If you trim and discard the fat then price per pound is probably equal to flank.

Thanks for sharing and will ask my butcher about this cut and if it is available. While I do not eat a lot of beef each month this does sound like a good option especially with the high cost of beef.

That's usually the house special at Brazilian steakhouses. It's sirloin cap. Under the fat cap, it's relatively lean. Good cut of meat.

I've smoked up a few picanha's. Yea, it's served a lot in Brazilian restaurants. It's a good cut. I still go for my tri-tips out here in Cali though:)

Picanha is the best! I bought loads of it raw from local Brazilian steakhouses when they were trying to clear inventory when the pandemic hit, I’d scoop 10-15 lbs at a time. Probably got 45 total

Not sure what everyone uses for their sources of beef but with the cost of beef getting higher and higher everyone seems to be complaining about it.

Picanha is a cut from the top of the ass of a cow and from the store it comes pretty fatty but that's because it's have a thick layer of fat on top but the meat itself is pretty lean , looking at it I'd say leaner than flank , probably equal to sirloin. It's also really tender being that the muscle is not use as much.

I just cooked an cut up 30 pounds for a party tomorrow and completely forgot about this cut and how great it tastes.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was either wanting to try to save a little or just try something new.
If you trim and discard the fat then price per pound is probably equal to flank.
all that is is the big cut of a top sirloin bro. just different language.

This is one of my favorites when I go out for Brazilian barbeque.

I usually just split a half of beef with my brother. It’s definitely the way to go to save money.

I kill what I eat as far as red meat is concerned.

But my wife eats prime sirloin because HEB always has it at $4.82/lb on sale

This is one of my favorites when I go out for Brazilian barbeque.
Same!
all that is is the big cut of a top sirloin bro. just different language.

Truth. Different butchering style (though you could just butcher a top sirloin the same way) renders it more favorably for open flame grilling though

I've smoked up a few picanha's. Yea, it's served a lot in Brazilian restaurants. It's a good cut. I still go for my tri-tips out here in Cali though:)

The price of Tri-Tip, another former disposable cut of meat at one time, is through the roof! Luckily I can buy it at cost from my buddies meat company...$6.XX/lb. They debone chickens at the plant and he has really small fresh chicken tenders that he sells for $.50/lb. It's great!! Too bad we don't live closer but there has to be some wholesale meat companies by you?

says its the sirloin cap/rump cap in usa, gotta try this , also new nickname for my gf jk lol

The price of Tri-Tip, another former disposable cut of meat at one time, is through the roof! Luckily I can buy it at cost from my buddies meat company...$6.XX/lb. They debone chickens at the plant and he has really small fresh chicken tenders that he sells for $.50/lb. It's great!! Too bad we don't live closer but there has to be some wholesale meat companies by you?
ralphs has it on sale sometimes for AMAZING prices similar price per lb but u have to buy 3-4lbs at a time which is FINE!
how do you cook your tri tip bro???

Holy crap....$.50/lb for chicken tenders!:oops: Man, that would be super cool, lol.

Yea, I haven't bought any tri-tip in a while. It's gone up quite a bit. I can hang with a $5-6/#, but if it goes higher, i'm most likely to pass it up unless I really need it. I was just getting mine at Costco, and on occasion, Walmart if they had any with good marbling, which is rare, unfortunately. I have no idea what Costco is selling it at right now, i've not been there in many months.

I had been meaning to look up whether there was any wholesale companies out near me, but never got around to it. I'm gonna have to check into it again now that you remind me......because prices are ridiculous for almost all proteins out here:(

I kill what I eat as far as red meat is concerned.

But my wife eats prime sirloin because HEB always has it at $4.82/lb on sale

Elk and Deer are big staples in my diet. Unfortunately the missus has one of those families that didn’t know how to process their own shit so she pretty much hates wild game. I can make venison chili and not tell her and the kids or back straps but that’s about it.

Never tried but thin cut top round cooked on the rarer side is super lean and tastes good even on prep where you can’t use say A-1 it’s pretty good with mustard.

Elk and Deer are big staples in my diet. Unfortunately the missus has one of those families that didn’t know how to process their own shit so she pretty much hates wild game. I can make venison chili and not tell her and the kids or back straps but that’s about it.
Oh, my wife’s favorite red meat is elk..she is just afraid to cook it on her own out of fear of ruining it. If I’m cooking elk chops she kills that shit..but she just won’t cook it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity