YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio choice....Treadmill or Elliptical?

I love doing HIIT on the elliptical. Unlike the treadmill you need to motivate yourself as you’re in control of the speed - not the machine. My physique improved drastically since switching. I also believe my leg volume has improved as I’m no longer beating them down on the treadmill and stairs.
Same.

First, if I want to run, I’ll lace up the trainers and walk out my front door. Ain’t dropping a couple grand to simulate that experience indoors lol.

Elliptical has been good to me. Most fail to see results for the same reason you see fat people listlessly peddling on bikes at the gym. If you crank up the intensity, you get an excellent cardio workout and solid calorie expenditure.

Of course, you gotta be willing to be “that guy” going hard on a machine most people are chilling on. Pushing yourself on the elliptical is about as visually graceful as a monkey fucking a football.

Treadmill all day. Eliptical is efficient and easy, to a detriment. At least for me, i realllly need to ramp up some sort of resistance to feel anything.
I have 0 idea how people do HIIT on that. And im saying this as someone who has been doing HIIT on the stepmill for the past 10 weeks.

With a treadmill that can move into an incline, you can do A LOT of things.

Treadmill all day. Eliptical is efficient and easy, to a detriment. At least for me, i realllly need to ramp up some sort of resistance to feel anything.
I have 0 idea how people do HIIT on that. And im saying this as someone who has been doing HIIT on the stepmill for the past 10 weeks.

With a treadmill that can move into an incline, you can do A LOT of things.
Do commercial gym ellipticals not have an incline function? My Sole elliptical does. If I put mine at the highest incline and set resistance to 20 that shit has my quads on fire in 5 minutes.

I paid under $2K for mine. Those commercial ones cost $4-$6K or higher. It’d be shocking to hear they don’t have inclined functionality.

Cage

Do commercial gym ellipticals not have an incline function? My Sole elliptical does. If I put mine at the highest incline and set resistance to 20 that shit has my quads on fire in 5 minutes.

I paid under $2K for mine. Those commercial ones cost $4-$6K or higher. It’d be shocking to hear they don’t have inclined functionality.

Cage
They do, people just leave them flat and put resistance to, like, 3 lol

I do my assault bike for steady state at 10-20 minutes pre workout as a warmup.

Then post workout I either walk or run offroad(I live on 40 acres) or if it’s raining too bad I just do more steady state on the assault bike.

Haven’t touched my wife’s treadmill or elliptical in years

I've been doing true HIIT on a bike for almost a year now. Brought up my leg size, increased my lung capacity, allowed me to minimize fat gain better, and generates stares at the gym because no one else does it.

I mountain bike which is interval with higher intensity by nature. I'll do HITT on the spin class bikes (you can really crank up the resistance) when the weather is bad. I'll do LISS on the row machine when legs are soar.

This is what I have done for cardio in the gym, what I used to do when I was insane.

I would sneak into the spin bike room between classes. Turn off all the lights. Find a bike. Remove the seat so you can’t sit down. Raise and extend the handlebars fully. And pick your resistance.

Now . . . now close your eyes, stand and pedal for 1 hr. Speak to nobody, don’t open your eyes, just crank.

Good mental and physical exercise.

This is what I have done for cardio in the gym, what I used to do when I was insane.

I would sneak into the spin bike room between classes. Turn off all the lights. Find a bike. Remove the seat so you can’t sit down. Raise and extend the handlebars fully. And pick your resistance.

Now . . . now close your eyes, stand and pedal for 1 hr. Speak to nobody, don’t open your eyes, just crank.

Good mental and physical exercise.
Christ, that sounds like a brutal Goggins move. I’m not that comfortable in my own head.

Cage
They do, but eliptical incline just means "higher fake step" lol
Not saying whatever muscles wont burn, but i just have a hard time burning my lungs to huff and puff on them.

Christ, that sounds like a brutal Goggins move. I’m not that comfortable in my own head.
It is good for you. Come see what is behind the curtain.

(I just returned from a 6 day silent Buddhist residential retreat, complete silence, meditated about 8 hrs a day and I am still not comfortable in my head 🙁)

I also listen to an audio book (Cold Mtn.) sometimes.

It is a good workout one you get used to it. Start easy and short duration.

It is good for you. Come see what is behind the curtain.

(I just returned from a 6 day silent Buddhist residential retreat, complete silence, meditated about 8 hrs a day and I am still not comfortable in my head 🙁)

I also listen to an audio book (Cold Mtn.) sometimes.

It is a good workout one you get used to it. Start easy and short duration.
I will give this a try

StairMaster or StepMill all day. I found a used (in brand new condition) StairMaster on FB Marketplace for $400. Was well worth the money for the results.

Treadmill. Incline on 8, speed on 3.7 for me. (HR around 130)

.. only when the stairs are all taken

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc