over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worst drugs for heart, in your experience

From my personal experience only... Primobolan crushed 2 important heart related blood markers: Estrogen and HDL. I have not used other drugs so I can only comment on the one I did use and even at a low dose it knocked my numbers way out of range. Test has never done this. Test actually raised my Estrogen (higher test means higher estro.... the ratio should be commensurate IMO). But, the addition of Primobolan completely tanked my Estro to where it was not even measurable. And it took my HDL from 60's to 20's. Estro and HDL are both heart protective, so crashing these is playing with fire IMO.

Which drugs gave you guys issues with heart health the most?

For me, I’d say tren. When I was on it my RHR was damn near uncontrollable, and I’d get palpitations. Mostly stick to mast now if I wanna look hard.

Never done fat burners (only t3 at 25mcg, so not enough for issues). So can’t say much there.
What do you mean by heart health? Experience a cardiac event? Palpitations? A bad echo or ECG? Are we talking heart health or heartburn? Many things I do affect my heart rate. Sometimes for hours or days at a time. A high heart rate is not a bad thing in and of itself. Heck, adrenaline and nor-adrenaline (stress/anxiety) make my heart thump away even at rest. Plus long periods of stress are terrible for your body, inflammation, immune system.

As for drugs, Anadrol (which I used to love) skyrockets my blood pressure. That's certainly not good for anyone. Talking 160/100+ type readings. Prolonged, that's bad news.

On topic : I think for me Clen is worst, or at least feels that way. Also T4 raises my RHR a lot. As OTH just said that doesn't have to be bad but it doesn't feel great either.

Then all orals, injectable orals and 19NOR drive my body crazy up to the point where I shit blood and all. Don't know about the heart but it's unhealthy in general haha.

From my personal experience only... Primobolan crushed 2 important heart related blood markers: Estrogen and HDL. I have not used other drugs so I can only comment on the one I did use and even at a low dose it knocked my numbers way out of range. Test has never done this. Test actually raised my Estrogen (higher test means higher estro.... the ratio should be commensurate IMO). But, the addition of Primobolan completely tanked my Estro to where it was not even measurable. And it took my HDL from 60's to 20's. Estro and HDL are both heart protective, so crashing these is playing with fire IMO.
Think this is often not taken into account when they say primo is pretty safe to take.

My hdl levels were always negatively affected by any orals. Normal cycles of test and deca only slightly affected my ldl/hdl. I know that this and blood pressure is what I generally keep an eye on whe I think of heart health.

100% agree dude. Worst I ever felt is when I said fuck it and stopped doing cardio to decrease expenditure. Major regret. Dick even stopped working.
How tall are you, I’m 5’7 and we’ll north of 200 and all my heart shit is good. Only time I’ve ever had issues was when my son was first born so diet and cardio went to shit and sleep was nonexistent. I thought I was having palpitations got checked out and it was panic attacks from not sleeping (I’m positive not cardioing and eating shit food played a roll as well.)

Wild that I haven't seen oral steroids mentioned yet.

Superdrol, anadrol, dbol, etc. are not heart friendly.

To be fair, all bodybuilding drugs are bad for your heart.

Wild that I haven't seen oral steroids mentioned yet.

Superdrol, anadrol, dbol, etc. are not heart friendly.

To be fair, all bodybuilding drugs are bad for your heart.
Orals are only cardio relevant if they are taken and result in high BP and the user continues, most everyone uses orals sparingly so your me correct BUT most of us have our issues with stims and injectable androgens.

Let's not forget pre-workout day after day for years.
I have to agree with you I know the rec drug answer was funny but not allowed.but that pre workout Like you said.day after day after a few years it's almost as bad as rec drug

Any I know some do more than others.but at the end they all do some kind of damage to the heart someway or another. Everything we have some how is connected or leads to heart function

Do any steroids actually cause issues directly to the heart as opposed to via hypertension?
I think there is plenty to show they cause left ventricular hypertrophy, negatively impact HDL, increase LDL and depending on the drug, can put your estrogen out of whack. So thats are 4 big heart concerns right there....and hypertension would be the 5th.

I think there is plenty to show they cause left ventricular hypertrophy, negatively impact HDL, increase LDL and depending on the drug, can put your estrogen out of whack. So thats are 4 big heart concerns right there....and hypertension would be the 5th.
Agreed. And I think this answers the spirit of the OPs question. But heart disease (of any type) is secondary to everything you just mentioned.

For example, my father is 85 now. His cholesterol and triglycerides have been absolutely Polak horrendous for at least 40 years (probably all his life). So there is definitely a hereditary/genetic component here as well. My mother is 82. Hers is bad, too.

LVH isn't caused directly by steroids because LVH is found in non-bodybuilders as well. Same with hypertension and estrogen problems. Hypertension is the most common but it's not caused by the action of the heart either.

Need @Type-IIx to maybe describe what steroids attach to heart muscle receptors because I'm not certain. That would be the key.

So what most of us do, is work to prevent high LDL, hypertension, etc which can lead to heart disease. Even doing so, is absolutely no guarantee.

But at this point, I'm not aware of any steroidal compound that directly affects the heart. Definitely cause health conditions that put the heart at risk, though.

I have to agree with you I know the rec drug answer was funny but not allowed.but that pre workout Like you said.day after day after a few years it's almost as bad as rec drug
Agreed rec drugs are pretty much all a part of bodybuilders journeys, I’ve yet to meet a competitor that’s good that hasn’t done some, it’s like a virus we spread to each other in our 20s and 30s then try to stop in our 40s or at least that’s the trend I’ve seen over last two decades. Some are worse than others, blow bout killed Cormier out right. Titus introduced me to some stuff that caused me a lot of issues but the pre workout stuff out there is just poison. I mean there’s stuff out there now that just insane but even going back old school like NO Explode from BSN jacks you up more than street drugs and people tend to do blow on Friday Saturday these dudes now wake up with PW instead of coffee then often drink Monster all day and still take PW before gym. It’s common to see guys ingesting well north of 1,000 mg of caffeine daily and THEY WANT TO GROW MUSCLE !?!? Instead they enlarge their hearts. Go a year without caffeine and then drink green tea, it will wire you up that’s 30mg of caffeine which is nothing but in its long term absence it becomes a LOT.

I remember years ago one called orange I believe it's was called that.it was great.its been year's I don't touch pre workout.if I need one for a pump or to get my workout done then I think I need to stop working out.. if I'm taking a nap and wake up for gym time I might take a few sips of cuban coffee and im.good even though it dose nothing for me.but just to kinda trick the mode ha ha ha

I remember years ago one called orange I believe it's was called that.it was great.its been year's I don't touch pre workout.if I need one for a pump or to get my workout done then I think I need to stop working out.. if I'm taking a nap and wake up for gym time I might take a few sips of cuban coffee and im.good even though it dose nothing for me.but just to kinda trick the mode ha ha ha
I remeber that shit I was young and stupid and used it too it was called Ultimate Orange (fuck that was like late 90s early 2000s) wouldn’t touch that shit now if you paid me. I like stim free pump PWs though. Or just a bunch of arginine and vita C.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws