over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teen night at the gym

They want some type of acknowledgement, want to befriend you, or are making sure you're not doing supersets depending on the equipment. I think most gyms have the leg extension and leg curl close by if not right next to each other, for example. I never superset, but doing those two exercises seems to be common amongst some people. I was using the leg extension the other day and a guy asked me mid-set if I was using the leg curl. I would have preferred he not interrupt me, but I just quickly and politely told him to go ahead. You'd also be surprised at what people superset. In bodybuilding workouts, they're selected based on if they make sense. However, I've seen people superset squats with shoulder presses and that doesn't make any sense to me. They're not hitting the same muscle group, and they're not antagonistic like chest/back or biceps/triceps. 🤷‍♂️
I've been lucky lately avoiding the acknowledgement or social butterfly types at the gym but they are especially annoying. As soon as you give them some sort of acknowledgement they seek it. Some just want to be recognized others want a gym chat Buddy. I can't understand it, maybe because I'm an introvert and have to bullshit with people doing small talk all day at work, but to me the gym is a place I want solitude. My favorite people at the gym are those who walk right by me like I'm not there and get their work in on a piece of equipment and move into the next

I've been lucky lately avoiding the acknowledgement or social butterfly types at the gym but they are especially annoying. As soon as you give them some sort of acknowledgement they seek it. Some just want to be recognized others want a gym chat Buddy. I can't understand it, maybe because I'm an introvert and have to bullshit with people doing small talk all day at work, but to me the gym is a place I want solitude. My favorite people at the gym are those who walk right by me like I'm not there and get their work in on a piece of equipment and move into the next
I feel the same way. Man I have too much shit to do to chit chat with random people anyway. Work, four kids, wife works 3rds, and just too much other life shit to spend anymore time away from home.

Every year the resolutioneers come and go, and while they are present they get totally annoying but I just put up with them. Once my headphones go on I tune everything else out to focus on my workouts so no time for chitchat or BS.

I have had to explain this to my wife.
Once you stop and talk to people now you have started something. I’ll be polite but direct and short. I do t need 15 friend at the gym each wanting to chat Before, during or after.

Once you stop and talk to people now you have started something. I’ll be polite but direct and short. I do t need 15 friend at the gym each wanting to chat Before, during or after.
Exactly, when I do talk and meet people somewhere I quickly say “as you can see I don’t talk much, I’ll from time to time wave or nod at you but any questions you can ask anytime” and they understand and hardly ever bother me. I don’t make eye contact with anyone because that opens the door for all kinds of shit you know.

Switching to a new gym solved this for me. I’m at a dungeon gym, so there’s barely anyone in there. The influx of high school kids is still there at certain times, but they’re not too bad. At my previous gym, it was bad. They would hog up machines and wouldn’t really allow anyone to work in. Tons of members complained lol. They all made some crazy progress, though so as others’ said; at least they’re at the gym after school. Just need some education on etiquette

I just try to focus on myself and work around things.

Love the old school Cybex and hammer strength

My favorite people at the gym are those who walk right by me like I'm not there and get their work in on a piece of equipment and move into the next

That’s me. I don’t put on a fake tough guy or angry grimace and storm through the gym like an asshat. I just keep to myself. I’m the quietest person in the entire place. Most of the members probably don’t even know what my voice sounds like. I don’t grunt and yell. I don’t slam the weights. I carefully and quietly load plates. I’m the most mindful of spatial awareness. I have my logbook and time my rest periods with the stopwatch feature on my Timex Ironman. I never look at my phone between sets. Just the floor, the ceiling, or equipment I want to use next. All of that has clearly sent a message to everyone that I’m focused on what I’m doing. In the event I’m asked a question such as whether I’m finished with a machine, I always respond politely.

There’s a guy at my gym. Retired boomer in his sixties. He’s there from 6:00am-9:00am every day. Always three hours, no matter what. He talks to everyone. He even walks around looking for people. He could be using a set of dumbbells, do a set, and then all of a sudden he’s over at the treadmills talking to someone for ten minutes before he does the next set. I’ve even watched him talk to a girl who was jogging briskly with headphones in. She was obviously too polite to reveal how annoyed she was. I catch him staring at me all the time. I've encountered people like this before. It drives them insane when someone is indifferent to their existence. Especially if they fancy themselves a really likable person that thinks they're friends with everyone. My one and only encounter with him was when I went to set up a cable station and he ran over and said he was using it. As stated above, he wanders the whole building. There's no way of knowing if he's ever done. On this particular day he was somewhat close by but talking to a woman who was using a flat bench. He had his foot up on another bench and to any onlooker it looks like he's just chatting and not training at all. So he runs over and says he's using it. I just look at him, pick up my gym bag, then slowly and calmly walk away. Didn't make an angry face, didn't storm away, didn't say a word. I just left him there, confused.

That’s me. I don’t put on a fake tough guy or angry grimace and storm through the gym like an asshat. I just keep to myself. I’m the quietest person in the entire place. Most of the members probably don’t even know what my voice sounds like. I don’t grunt and yell. I don’t slam the weights. I carefully and quietly load plates. I’m the most mindful of spatial awareness. I have my logbook and time my rest periods with the stopwatch feature on my Timex Ironman. I never look at my phone between sets. Just the floor, the ceiling, or equipment I want to use next. All of that has clearly sent a message to everyone that I’m focused on what I’m doing. In the event I’m asked a question such as whether I’m finished with a machine, I always respond politely.

There’s a guy at my gym. Retired boomer in his sixties. He’s there from 6:00am-9:00am every day. Always three hours, no matter what. He talks to everyone. He even walks around looking for people. He could be using a set of dumbbells, do a set, and then all of a sudden he’s over at the treadmills talking to someone for ten minutes before he does the next set. I’ve even watched him talk to a girl who was jogging briskly with headphones in. She was obviously too polite to reveal how annoyed she was. I catch him staring at me all the time. I've encountered people like this before. It drives them insane when someone is indifferent to their existence. Especially if they fancy themselves a really likable person that thinks they're friends with everyone. My one and only encounter with him was when I went to set up a cable station and he ran over and said he was using it. As stated above, he wanders the whole building. There's no way of knowing if he's ever done. On this particular day he was somewhat close by but talking to a woman who was using a flat bench. He had his foot up on another bench and to any onlooker it looks like he's just chatting and not training at all. So he runs over and says he's using it. I just look at him, pick up my gym bag, then slowly and calmly walk away. Didn't make an angry face, didn't storm away, didn't say a word. I just left him there, confused.
Simply amazing, that's probably the worst I've heard. There's one guy, nice guy, but I dread him because he's so nice it's hard to just tell him to leave you alone. One day I chatting with him real quickly now every time he's in there, and it's all day, he pops over to start a little chit chat. He has this skill where he makes it hard to end or break the conversation to get away. He does it to everyone and trains with a group of friends their probably in there for 3 hours. But he exits his group and talks to numerous people unfortunately I'm one he likes to engage with.

Switching to a new gym solved this for me. I’m at a dungeon gym, so there’s barely anyone in there. The influx of high school kids is still there at certain times, but they’re not too bad. At my previous gym, it was bad. They would hog up machines and wouldn’t really allow anyone to work in. Tons of members complained lol. They all made some crazy progress, though so as others’ said; at least they’re at the gym after school. Just need some education on etiquette

I just try to focus on myself and work around things.

Love the old school Cybex and hammer strength
The cybex chest press is my favorite.My gym has a bunch of old school cybex pieces .For some reason they feel heavier than hammer or life fitness.

The cybex chest press is my favorite.My gym has a bunch of old school cybex pieces .For some reason they feel heavier than hammer or life fitness.
Agreed! The Cybex feels way heavier compared to certain hammer machines. Like, I love the flat hammer chest press, but the incline and decline machines feel really weird. The Cybex hack squat and hammer strength horizontal leg press are brutal

1668406524352.jpeg This kills the quads and feels appropriately heavy

Some of the old school life fitness stuff is good too. I like the lf , pin loaded preacher curl a lot

Agreed! The Cybex feels way heavier compared to certain hammer machines. Like, I love the flat hammer chest press, but the incline and decline machines feel really weird. The Cybex hack squat and hammer strength horizontal leg press are brutal

View attachment 166959 This kills the quads and feels appropriately heavy
Yep love that piece

I wear slim-profile, ear-protection (like ear muffs). They even look like music head-phones, but they are for the gun-range.
I just keep to myself as well. I'll nod or wave HI to people as I walk by, but they are a good deterrent, and most wont try to talk to me.
I have a few friends I'll pop them off for, but not for the gym-talkers like FK86 mentioned. We have a handful of 'em. I try to avoid them.

Saw a Jim Carey standup once, it reminded me of people like that. Jim calls his wife, to telll her he's going to be late.

"I cant leave work yet honey, that friendly guy, he's near my car"... Once they grab your ear, they tend to have it for a while.

I wear slim-profile, ear-protection (like ear muffs). They even look like music head-phones, but they are for the gun-range.
I just keep to myself as well. I'll nod or wave HI to people as I walk by, but they are a good deterrent, and most wont try to talk to me.
I have a few friends I'll pop them off for, but not for the gym-talkers like FK86 mentioned. We have a handful of 'em. I try to avoid them.

Saw a Jim Carey standup once, it reminded me of people like that. Jim calls his wife, to telll her he's going to be late.

"I cant leave work yet honey, that friendly guy, he's near my car"... Once they grab your ear, they tend to have it for a while.
I've tried to put in ear buds at one gym not even playing music but to have something so people wouldn't approach me but I'm a minimalist, don't like anything extra on me when training. Not even phone in pocket.

I had to switch gyms once because of this. There were too many people I would have to talk to every time I came to the gym. A lot of it was my fault since I'm generally a social person but it definitely adds up, especially if you start sleeping with a girl or two that works out there.

On the bright side, longer rest between sets is better for hypertrophy so I don't feel quite as bad.

lmfao that happens to me all the time when they point 2-3 machines down im like oh well he's just going out of his way to avoid confrontation we must look scary lmao
Lmfao that's what my girlfriend tells me. Exactly that .babe it's that they see your big as fucker and don't want confrontation. They trying to be friendly to you Lmfao

They want some type of acknowledgement, want to befriend you, or are making sure you're not doing supersets depending on the equipment. I think most gyms have the leg extension and leg curl close by if not right next to each other, for example. I never superset, but doing those two exercises seems to be common amongst some people. I was using the leg extension the other day and a guy asked me mid-set if I was using the leg curl. I would have preferred he not interrupt me, but I just quickly and politely told him to go ahead. You'd also be surprised at what people superset. In bodybuilding workouts, they're selected based on if they make sense. However, I've seen people superset squats with shoulder presses and that doesn't make any sense to me. They're not hitting the same muscle group, and they're not antagonistic like chest/back or biceps/triceps. 🤷‍♂️
Oh I've seen the most crazy stupid things people doing and I just shake my head and tell my girlfriend. Wtf does he thi k any of that is doing for him lmao. But hey to each it's own. We have to remember a lot of people in the gym there head is not all there on some you can see it more than others. But yea your right they are trying to avoid confrontation and befriend you. Because after that.every day after they see me they try to say hello not by hand shake just a hey man or something like that. Then my girl starts messing with me. Oh now you have a new besty lol.she knows I hate that

Home gym. My hand picked equipment. Empty or my friends. Always open. Won't ever break even on dollars but way ahead on life. Best thing I ever did.

The only thing I miss is camaraderie of old training crews and partners. Combined effort brings everyone up. That time in life is over for me outside of an occasional fun session with buddies over and most of the guys at it this day and age are relegated to private gyms anyway which is really what got me started on my own space.

Exactly bro. It's like everyone wants to my friend and then me and my girlfriend are working out and a thousand people go pass me and have to say hi or want to chat I'm like wtf some which I've never had any kind of words exchanged before. My girl tells me you have this aurora around you that attracts people to you that's what it is babe. And I believe she is right because it happens everywhere outside the gym to. Restaurants, supermarkets like literally everywhere bro. I was having dinner at a restaurant with my girlfriend. It's a place you can sit outside water front and there are stores to shop and all that.a tourists place but us locals go. And there hundreds of people walking up and down. I had these 2 black guys with there wife's the wife's where white.and when they where approaching me the guys go wow now that some muscles on you man are said few other things don't remember now.I was like ahh thanks man.then they tell us we just got married both couples did.and ask me you don't mind if our wife take a picture with you and then look at my girlfriend and tell her with all do respect to you mam if you don't mind. I was like wtf. Then everyone is starting at me the rest of the time like who is that he must be famous. I didn't mind the pic they where nice and polite.but the people staring at me made me uncomfortable. My girlfriend tells me going out somewhere with you is like being with a celebrity everyone wants to talk to you and it's true.

Man I can't tell you guys stories for days of shit that happens to me. I'll be standing in a line to buy a drink with my girlfriend and the person in front turns around looks at me looks back forward and then turns around and tells here you can you in front of me. I'm like what? No it's ok thank you I'm good.no no please I'm in no hurry and let's me get in front of them. And the rest of the line behind are looking like wtf was that and some people in the front turning around looking like so uncomfortable and embarrassing to me

I lived in Miami for 4 years and the gym situation down there is the worst that I have seen ANYWHERE. Virtually nobody puts their weights away, tons of talking, selfies, guys that only train if they're on cycle (and when they do train, it's all upper body)...I don't know which I hated more in Miami...the heat or the gym culture!
Yea man, Miami is hell in general... I refuse to go there

I live further north now but lived close to Aventura couple years ago and went to an LA while there... it was a nightmare, a complete shitshow.. not one weight racked ever, not even once

I'm in a good area now and the LA that's just down the street from me isn't bad, used to be better before they "upgraded" but still not bad for a corporate gym

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws