over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teen night at the gym

Boca?

Sadly, most, if not all gyms down are like this

Athletic Factor in Pompano is pretty bad ass though, it's old school with no young kids... just a but further out than I'd like to drive every day

I try to get there for every leg day at least

(Iian Valliere posted a few videos working out there this past week)
Best gym I’ve been to. That and Colliseum in queens

I've tried to put in ear buds at one gym not even playing music but to have something so people wouldn't approach me but I'm a minimalist, don't like anything extra on me when training. Not even phone in pocket.
I am as well. No phone in gym, I dont ever wear watches, jewelry or even my wedding-ring. (dont own any either).
Took a bit to get used to, but they do more good than not.

I do this and it has nothing to do with COVID. People are disgusting, period. It has nothing to do with fear of catching something. I clean it before because I don't trust anyone to do it properly, I clean it after as a courtesy to the next person. As for working in, no one ever asks me so it's not an issue. I think it's dependent on the time you go. If you opt to go when the place is a zoo, then it comes with the territory and everyone should be mindful of that. If you go when it's much less busy, it's not as imperative and you can do something else. I only do one exercise per body part, so I can re-arrange the order I do exercises for the most part. Bro splits you can't if you're log booking. Sometimes I come in and the machine/equipment I want is being used and I just tell myself that person paid to be here and I can wait.
I have nothing agisnt it. I keep a small hand-towel with my that is sprayed w/ the gym cleaner and do a quick wipe-down.
Some folks spend 5-minutes, cleaning every part of the piece, from the pin, to the weight-stack, etc.
People are odd...

I have nothing agisnt it. I keep a small hand-towel with my that is sprayed w/ the gym cleaner and do a quick wipe-down.
Some folks spend 5-minutes, cleaning every part of the piece, from the pin, to the weight-stack, etc.
People are odd...
Lol some people are so picky, and I would generally wipe down the seat and the handles as basically all I touched on a machine. However it's disgusting when people who sweat so much leave a machine and not even wipe their smelly sweat off for the next person.

Some times when there is three of them all using incline dumbbell press bench using there phone, i couldnt control myself i told them you ever think of using one in a rotation spotting each other so others could work out These are the day the 1 hour turns into to. I was taught gym respect that is what is missing

Wait till January comes as you got the resolutioneers that breeze in then breeze out a few weeks later and during that period it becomes sheer hell to get in any serious training.

After spending 40 years around gyms with the vast vast majority of that time with people not sanitizing each machine, heck even the staff never cleaned them just vacuumed around them, and i usually went years at a time with out having one day sick. I still don't clean the machine, i will soak up the sweat with my towel it there is any but that is it. Plus i don't listen to music to distract myself form my workout. I do watch people in between sets as people are some of the funniest shit out there. When there is a bunch of people doing dumb stuff or just sitting around looking at their phone i just remind myself they they will not be changing or making gains but i can choose to be different.

My wife and I walked into our gym yesterday evening, around 5 and it was gloriously empty!

But within 5 minutes, the extras cast from High School Musical rolled in, about 10 deep. They're like dog poop...they get everywhere, stink, and God help you if you get some on your shoes!

I walked in to the bathroom and there are 3 of them, shirts off, having a posedown in the mirror, right in the path to the toilets... There's no avoiding these clowns. I honestly just try to avert my eyes. And it's always the same, they train in packs but just play on their phones between "sets". I don't see the point in the pack behavior, since the only time that they talk in when they're in the bathroom, posing.

It's to the point that I don't even really enjoy training at my home gym and my wife and I are, more often than not, driving 35 minutes to train at Doug Miller's gym (Coliseum) in Statesville. It's amazingly equipped and the price tag is high enough that it discourages the shiftless layabouts.

My wife and I walked into our gym yesterday evening, around 5 and it was gloriously empty!

But within 5 minutes, the extras cast from High School Musical rolled in, about 10 deep. They're like dog poop...they get everywhere, stink, and God help you if you get some on your shoes!

I walked in to the bathroom and there are 3 of them, shirts off, having a posedown in the mirror, right in the path to the toilets... There's no avoiding these clowns. I honestly just try to avert my eyes. And it's always the same, they train in packs but just play on their phones between "sets". I don't see the point in the pack behavior, since the only time that they talk in when they're in the bathroom, posing.

It's to the point that I don't even really enjoy training at my home gym and my wife and I are, more often than not, driving 35 minutes to train at Doug Miller's gym (Coliseum) in Statesville. It's amazingly equipped and the price tag is high enough that it discourages the shiftless layabouts.
Jesus, mine has been better lately. But if I pull in the parking lot and see a mini van slowing down I know right away someone is dropping the kiddos off at the gym daycare.

I was working out today and a Young kid was on FaceTime with his girl his whole workout made me want to smack the phone out of his hand.....

Do any of you guys stop and help these clueless kids out? lol I get torn between helping or just shaking my head and cursing them under my breathe.
This isnt just strictly for young kids too.

There's an old dude who trains with a young-ish mid 20 and BOTH just dont get it. Literally doing triples, FORCED REPS ON every set (like unable to get reps by themselves) just not understanding regular training principles. I get torn between wanting to step in and say, "guys, just a tip here...." OR sayng fuck it, they dont deserve my help hahah I dont like being a bitter asshole BUT its tough

Do any of you guys stop and help these clueless kids out? lol I get torn between helping or just shaking my head and cursing them under my breathe.

There's an old dude who trains with a young-ish mid 20 and BOTH just dont get it. Literally doing triples, FORCED REPS ON every set (like unable to get reps by themselves) just not understanding regular training principles. I get torn between wanting to step in and say, "guys, just a tip here...." OR sayng fuck it, they dont deserve my help hahah I dont like being a bitter asshole BUT its tough
I've helped one year ago. College kid, late at night, saw him watching me. He was working alone and working hard. Came up to me and said "excuse me don't mean to bother you but I was just wondering...turns out he lost 30lbs was cutting, just wanted any advice I could give. I essentially told him ignore these fancy routes, pick a simple split, get stronger, track calories, basic sound advice. He appreciated it and went back to what he was doing. I'll help someone like that. I saw one kid last week training hard had his headphones in not speaking to anyone, I can respect him.

But 90 percent of them, in groups of 2 or 3, hanging in packs taking forever on equipment, they are nothing more than an annoyance to me. I'm sure I'm an annoyance to anyone who wants the equipment I'm on but the goal is to get in, get the work done, get out. I'm not there to train anyone for free or be anyone's mentor lol But there have definitely been people I would help if they asked . I'd say 1 out of 10 is working hard. It's not an age thing necessarily just a philosophy thing. There are huge guys at the gym that love to chat and shoot the shit. I'm just glad there are others like me on the thread that detest the whole social aspect of the gym and believes it intereres with members getting in a proper workout. I was beginning to think I'm the only one lol.

Last year I switched from evening to morning workouts due to the ridiculous evening crowds. At 5:30 A.M. the crowd was bigger than I expected but not bad. The 5 A.M. crowd consists of people who are getting their workout in and then going to work. Everyone is super focused, not talking, socializing, making videos or wasting time. I love it.

When I was at 24, I didn't give much advice there. Most knew what they were doing. I watched a guy deadlifting one day, terrible form and a friend of mine knew him and introduced us. I said, "Do you mind if I give you some advice on your deadlift?" He paused, a little too long, and then said, "Sure." He didn't listen which doesn't bother me and roughly two months later I saw him and said hi. He said he fucked up his back deadlifting. I told him I was sorry to hear that and it was genuine. But it was guys like him that made me not want to give advice. In the City Sports gym I go to now, most of these young guys that don't have a clue are receptive to it and appreciate. So I get wanting to help or saying fuck it. I usually speak up when I see someone who's going to hurt themselves and I've seen some HORRIBLE form in my day! LOL!!

I've helped one year ago. College kid, late at night, saw him watching me. He was working alone and working hard. Came up to me and said "excuse me don't mean to bother you but I was just wondering...turns out he lost 30lbs was cutting, just wanted any advice I could give. I essentially told him ignore these fancy routes, pick a simple split, get stronger, track calories, basic sound advice. He appreciated it and went back to what he was doing. I'll help someone like that. I saw one kid last week training hard had his headphones in not speaking to anyone, I can respect him.

But 90 percent of them, in groups of 2 or 3, hanging in packs taking forever on equipment, they are nothing more than an annoyance to me. I'm sure I'm an annoyance to anyone who wants the equipment I'm on but the goal is to get in, get the work done, get out. I'm not there to train anyone for free or be anyone's mentor lol But there have definitely been people I would help if they asked . I'd say 1 out of 10 is working hard. It's not an age thing necessarily just a philosophy thing. There are huge guys at the gym that love to chat and shoot the shit. I'm just glad there are others like me on the thread that detest the whole social aspect of the gym and believes it intereres with members getting in a proper workout. I was beginning to think I'm the only one lol.

That's too bad but then again, I come from an era before the internet. It was just books and newsletters. The guys at the gym mentored the younger generation.

The whole headphones on and don't talk to anyone isn't the way it was back in the hardcore gym days. Believe me, I know. I trained and a very hardcore gym from 1985 to 2011. Achim Albrect called it the last of the great bodybuilding gyms. Guys did their sets all out but would BS between sets, fire a shot at someone, it was a good time! Everyone worked out hard but managed to have fun too and make friends along the way. Now more people are antisocial and call it hardcore but most of them missed out on what the hardcore gyms were really like.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131