YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

Corgopop

Registered
Newbies
Looking at studies, there seems to be almost zero adverse outcomes a surplus of protein.

I just found this study today and it’s super interesting. People partaking in resistance training all lost fat AND gained muscle in a calorie surplus. Almost in a linear manner, the more they are protein the better. Even in the 800 calorie surplus group in the charts at the bottom, they lost fat.

Why are there people pushing more moderate protein diets or higher carb?

I'll have to read the study that's shocking they lost weight in a surplus. I eat 350-400, it gets expensive but the higher the better as long as you get enough carbs and fats too Never understand the people who try to get by with as little as possible like 1g per lb of bodyweight. Seems more like defiance to me where they want to say they did it "different" just to be different.

I'll have to read the study that's shocking they lost weight in a surplus. I eat 350-400, it gets expensive but the higher the better as long as you get enough carbs and fats too Never understand the people who try to get by with as little as possible like 1g per lb of bodyweight. Seems more like defiance to me where they want to say they did it "different" just to be different.
They didn’t lose weight, lost fat but gained muscle. I believe total BW increased still.

Yeah, I’ll never get it either man. There’s a whole new wave of people these days advocating for even .8g per pound...

Biggest benefit to a moderate protein diet is usually that it’s less expensive and can often be easier on people’s digestion.

I personally eat 400g year round though lol
direct or total bro?

I guess it's because generally speaking carbs are cheaper than protein plus many people gass themselves when eating boatloads of protein. I do better at high protein and high carb too. Wallet hates me tho.

You'd have to get creative due to price for sure.
Pollock , beef liver, ground chicken, canned fish/chicken, etc , to use as additions to the base sources of protein. Look for short date deals

Lost fat in surplus calories is very often wrongly interpreted. Lets say that you are at 10% bf but you gained 5 kg muscles. Now ratio lbm to bf changed so in fact you did not loose a gram
Of fat but percentage wise your bf to lbm is lower.

Biggest benefit to a moderate protein diet is usually that it’s less expensive and can often be easier on people’s digestion.

Sounds like me, yeah. I’m at 9-10oz 6x a day. Is it easy? Nope... but I get the best results this way haha.

You use betaine HCL? Helps a LOT with the digestion

Lost fat in surplus calories is very often wrongly interpreted. Lets say that you are at 10% bf but you gained 5 kg muscles. Now ratio lbm to bf changed so in fact you did not loose a gram
Of fat but percentage wise your bf to lbm is lower.
Yeah, loss of body fat %. Still a win though on my book.

Sounds like me, yeah. I’m at 9-10oz 6x a day. Is it easy? Nope... but I get the best results this way haha.

You use betaine HCL? Helps a LOT with the digestion
I actually have zero issues with digestion luckily until I’m the very peak off-season and we push both the dietary fat and my body fat. As long as I stay in good shape, use psyllium husk and eat vegetables and my fat intake is 35g to 75g I can essentially do whatever protein/carb amount is required to meet my goals.

Agree on both. High protein keeps me full and slows down digestion. Not sure the methods in the study but I will weight More the next day if I eat 3000 calories where 450 is protein vs 200 protein. Could it be possible they had more lbm because they were weighing them when their gut wasn't emptying because they were stuffed full of protein vs eating a balanced diet?

Because many, many, many people do things with little to no genuine thought. This "state of affairs" is certainly NOT limited to daily protein intake

I have to carefully moderate my protein intake due to kidney issues … if I didn’t have the kidney issues I’d likely bump my protein up quite a bit. Definitely seems odd not to for someone who wants to compete/maximize gains who has good health.

Wonder how much protein would be converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis is super high amounts . I guess it’s person dependent and takes experimentation

I actually have zero issues with digestion luckily until I’m the very peak off-season and we push both the dietary fat and my body fat. As long as I stay in good shape, use psyllium husk and eat vegetables and my fat intake is 35g to 75g I can essentially do whatever protein/carb amount is required to meet my goals.
Glucomannon fiber has been a game changer for me. I make Konjac noodles with the fiber powder actually

Wonder how much protein would be converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis is super high amounts . I guess it’s person dependent and takes experimentation

Very good question💡

Essentially, what you are asking is what happens to the ‘excess’ protein? Correct?

Excreted (unlikely?) or converted to fat? Hell, I don’t know. But an excess of anything your body will have to deal with.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws