over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very quick intra-workout question

That’s pretty much what I do. Heard Justin Harris recommend it. Gatorade is just maltodextrin
Nah, Gatorade in liquid form is Sucrose (table sugar aka a combo of glucose and fructose), and the powder (which most people would use for an EAA) is some combo of Sucrose and Dextrose (I've never been able to find out the ratio).

I also use Gatorade powder and recommend it to everyone unless they need something fancier for digestive comfort, most people can get away with Gatorade at least for the first 20-40g of carbs but may end up needing something else to go beyond that.

Most Gatorade drinks i've seen, unless low/non-carbohydrate versions, are dextrose, Dextrose/sucrose, or sucrose....depending on which one you buy.

EAAs and CCD for me

I never used intra for my first few decades of training and did well. The last year or 2 i have used them but EAA + honey (as it is sitting on my counter) and don't seem to slow down as much at the end of my workouts. If you digest the carb well you are using it should be fine i would think. and if protein is being taken in a couple times before working out the type of protein probably doesn't matter either. As there is aminos floating around all the time.
Dude yes.

I refrained from periworkout carbs for years when I was because younger because I was driven by vanity. I typical train super early so always fasted, too.

I added in a solid amount of dextrose (I’m not sold on dextrose being optimal, it just happened to be what I bought lol) intraworkout and morphed.

Sold myself short for years, smh.

forgot to include organic local raw honey, i would do that inside too, didnt mix well so a lot of times id take a few squeezes in car right before walking in
Gatorade and EAA's Dam Muay Thai that local honey for allergies and before the gyn is a no brainer thanks

Nah, Gatorade in liquid form is Sucrose (table sugar aka a combo of glucose and fructose), and the powder (which most people would use for an EAA) is some combo of Sucrose and Dextrose (I've never been able to find out the ratio).

I also use Gatorade powder and recommend it to everyone unless they need something fancier for digestive comfort, most people can get away with Gatorade at least for the first 20-40g of carbs but may end up needing something else to go beyond that.
No I literally have a bottle in front of me it’s maltodextrin that’s why Justin recommends it over the powder

For the guys using honey as intra. Do you just take the bottle and take a squirt/spoon every 10 minutes? Stuff don't mix at all in my intra.. I'd like to know because hbcd, like every supp, is getting quite expensive and I like honey.

For the guys using honey as intra. Do you just take the bottle and take a squirt/spoon every 10 minutes? Stuff don't mix at all in my intra.. I'd like to know because hbcd, like every supp, is getting quite expensive and I like honey.
i used to bring the bottle and do that in the car but also leave in locker (upside down) so its not a bitch to squeeze out and hit it 1-2xx max during training

I would not want undigested protein in my stomach during a workout. It would just end up upsetting my stomach or puke it up. I have a EAA + BCAA cocktail with plain Gatorade. I throw a few grams of creatine (I like the gluconate) in there with salt and a couple tblsps of raw honey or I take a few bites of honeycomb (real honeycomb) before my workout.

I honestly think this is an overthought area. Unless insulin is involved which does require some meal planning and not chasing after slin with some 10g per unit BS. I don't do that either. I check my BG and then decide how many units req'd. Sometimes I'm at 90, sometimes 120. It all depends. But that could be the difference between 2 and 10 units [R] or log

No I literally have a bottle in front of me it’s maltodextrin that’s why Justin recommends it over the powder
I'm not sure what to make of that; the only thing on their website that has any maltodextrin in it is their Zero powder and their endurance bottles, and it's just a small portion of the carbs in there.

i used to bring the bottle and do that in the car but also leave in locker (upside down) so its not a bitch to squeeze out and hit it 1-2xx max during training
I did this last bulk and really liked it, just to 10grams of raw dark honey locally sourced and put it in my intra.

I have never had a problem with my honey dissolving in my quart of water. But i may use less honey then some. I mix it an hour or 2 before i hit the gym. I am only trying to get enough carbs to keep some available for training and not trying to spike my glucose levels very high.

Real Gatorade lists the first 3 ingredients as water, sugar and dextrose, so I'm not sure what your looking at?

Real Gatorade lists the first 3 ingredients as water, sugar and dextrose, so I'm not sure what your looking at?
The powder version has surger and dextrose as first 2 ingredients. No mention of maltodexrin.

I'm not sure what to make of that; the only thing on their website that has any maltodextrin in it is their Zero powder and their endurance bottles, and it's just a small portion of the carbs in there.
I just finished up a bottle of Gatorade a few minutes ago. It's the original version, lemon lime and not the Zero. It's 48g Sugars and has them listed as 'sugar, dextrose '

I’ve used hbcd, karbolyn, glucose syrup, Gatorade, dextrose etc.
the only difference I’ve noticed between them is in my wallet.
My intra is 4 scoops humapro and either body armor or regular Gatorade.
If you digest it well and it doesn’t bother your stomach it’s fine.

If I’m not mistaken in the DC dvd with Justin Harris he’s drinking whey isolate and Gatorade.
Is Humapro from ALR?

I'm not sure of the cost, so it may be a non-factor, but was wondering why you didn't just buy regular EAA's?

DC mentioned on here, that he supplied ALR, and it was just standard EAA's. Seems it would be cheaper, but figured i'd ask.

In regard to Gatorade, I do recall many years back, that there was a sugar difference between the Fruit Punch, Lemon-Lime, and orange Gatorade powders. I remember seeing a difference when Costco had them both. That was a long time ago now, so maybe it's changed, lol.

Is Humapro from ALR?

I'm not sure of the cost, so it may be a non-factor, but was wondering why you didn't just buy regular EAA's?

DC mentioned on here, that he supplied ALR, and it was just standard EAA's. Seems it would be cheaper, but figured i'd ask.
I believe he "implied" that and also implied that ALR wanted a less quality EAA for their specific product. I going to try and find the actual post.

Thanks for confirming that for me. I was gonna go and find the post, but got side-tracked with my daughter yelling over something, lol. DC is the last person I hate quoting or paraphrasing and getting it wrong, lol. I had a pretty good memory of that post though, which is why I stated the above. Thanks:cool:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws