over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fast Food Addiction

inoverdrive

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So i have always battled weight my whole life. At 19 I weighed 342 lbs with a 52-54" waist. In 5 years I got down to 220 with a 34" waist. Now at 55 I fluctuate between 260-275. Not obese, more of a powerlift build then bodybuilder. I'm working extra hard to change that this year! I've always worked out and the one thing that can still haunt me is fast food. And I mean all of them. I have now made it 40 days with zero fast food. I feel so much better (mood, flexibility, energy etc). I never went weeks eating it but damn if a few days of it just punishes me. And of course television shoves it down your throat with advertising. And it is so easy to get with a fast food place every dang 50 yards and on every corner of every street.

Does anybody else ever battle this? Not to sound weak minded, I know its all about the dedication.

I've never been obese but I can relate to food addiction. When someone tells me they have issue with eating enough or gaining weight or complains about eating I can't relate. If I didn't care about my body I'm sure I'd be obese. Luckily I grew up poor and food wasn't always available like I desired. Once I was an adult I was always obsessed with being fit so I have counted calories every day since I was 17.

Honestly, I just look around at the general population in the supermarket, or almost anywhere in public for that matter - and think... Do i want to look like these people?
The answer is obviously NO. Look at peoples shopping carts/trolleys - 99% junk, with the minimal amount of meat/animal product being pretty much the only thing worth eating.

Whatever thoughts or feelings you need to fuel your process whether ugly/dark/good/bad - its all benefical if you channel it.

Admittedly sometimes I am absolutely fucking disgusted by people, so what? If you need to feign superiority to get the results, then do it.

The worst thing in the world is to think that 'everybody is equal' and these attempts to disolve your ego with this pretend 'niceness'.

Even if you have had ego death you need to force an ego to some degree, it will allow you to succeed in endeavours like not putting absolute toxic poison into your body (fast 'food')

The next time you want to eat fast food, go into the store; take a good look around and think, do you want to fucking look like THAT!

i just had some lamb shank from the local persian resturaunt... with a LARGE side of white rice.. washed down with ICE cold water.. sooo good.

F junk food..

i cant even function on 'shit' these days.. it seems the more miles i run, the more time i spar(box).. the more my body requires better quality, nutrient dense food.
i'm now starting to look into these VERY high protein diets to see how it may shift my body composition and increase overall daily energy

Honestly, I just look around at the general population in the supermarket, or almost anywhere in public for that matter - and think... Do i want to look like these people?
The answer is obviously NO. Look at peoples shopping carts/trolleys - 99% junk, with the minimal amount of meat/animal product being pretty much the only thing worth eating.

Whatever thoughts or feelings you need to fuel your process whether ugly/dark/good/bad - its all benefical if you channel it.

Admittedly sometimes I am absolutely fucking disgusted by people, so what? If you need to feign superiority to get the results, then do it.

The worst thing in the world is to think that 'everybody is equal' and these attempts to disolve your ego with this pretend 'niceness'.

Even if you have had ego death you need to force an ego to some degree, it will allow you to succeed in endeavours like not putting absolute toxic poison into your body (fast 'food')

The next time you want to eat fast food, go into the store; take a good look around and think, do you want to fucking look like THAT!
I agree with this. I never understood the whole saying everyone is equal. No one is equal, everyone is an individual. Some people have great gentic to look great but are not intelligent. Some people can make millions but can't get in shape. The virtue signaling crowd should say "everyone is valuable" or "everyone should be treated with respect" something more logical.

Also to op congratulations on your weight loss. Prolonged dieting sucks. Food is truly addictive we as a society say addiction is serious but for some reason we don't apply that to food addiction like we do drugs or drinking.

So i have always battled weight my whole life. At 19 I weighed 342 lbs with a 52-54" waist. In 5 years I got down to 220 with a 34" waist. Now at 55 I fluctuate between 260-275. Not obese, more of a powerlift build then bodybuilder. I'm working extra hard to change that this year! I've always worked out and the one thing that can still haunt me is fast food. And I mean all of them. I have now made it 40 days with zero fast food. I feel so much better (mood, flexibility, energy etc). I never went weeks eating it but damn if a few days of it just punishes me. And of course television shoves it down your throat with advertising. And it is so easy to get with a fast food place every dang 50 yards and on every corner of every street.

Does anybody else ever battle this? Not to sound weak minded, I know its all about the dedication.

If you like burgers, tacos, etc… try making them at home. I love all those things too but I buy all the fresh ingredients and make a delicious fresh version at home and it honestly tastes better. You end up with more protein and less fat. Google or YouTube recipes…YOU CAN DO THIS. It’s just about breaking the bad habit and replacing it with something that isn’t as detrimental to your health.

If you like burgers, tacos, etc… try making them at home. I love all those things too but I buy all the fresh ingredients and make a delicious fresh version at home and it honestly tastes better. You end up with more protein and less fat. Google or YouTube recipes…YOU CAN DO THIS. It’s just about breaking the bad habit and replacing it with something that isn’t as detrimental to your health.
fully agree! when you make it at home, it tastes so much better.. you dont even want that grease and bs anymore.

eat at home. stay away from processed foods as much as you can.
eventually you should loose a taste for it.
maybe do a cleansing diet for 72 hours minimum. my wife and i did one and holy moly does it turn you off of "bad" foods.
we made it 72 hours and then wanted to "celebrate" by going to one of our fave restaurants. my wife puked in the bathroom at the restaurant and i puked when we got home. Our stomachs/system had changed THAT much.
id think you would lose the taste for it.

Never ate a lot of fast food. There were no places around where i grew up and didn't make them a habit once i moved to the big city. Now when i get get some i hit a certain point and i suddenly feel like a snake that swallowed something way to large to digest. A sudden heavy sodium and fat overload is like hitting a wall when i hit my threshold.

I don't ever buy fast food. However I struggle maintaining my weight, have for years. I typically overeat too many calories, lose weight, then gain some back. I feel like it's something I will always battle, so I relate there.

Not so much specifically fast food but sugar makes me feel like crap

If I eliminate sugar from my diet, I feel better I'm just a better person, better husband, firefighter/paramedic

No battle here but I still feel the tickle.

I always try to think about, remember how bad I feel after eating at one of those fast food places. Not good. Going down, excellent, and that is the trigger for most people. These companies have the taste thing down. (I once photographed a woman who was a food scientist, worked in the fast food industry. The stories she could tell.)

That taste smell trigger is what can override all rational thought when the time is ripe. And they know it, making each and every meal available for your eating pleasure 24/7.

Although . . . it does provide relatively cost effective calories for this that do not have the disposable income like we do. Health or not, it’s calories in their time of need when other food is not available or too expensive. Sad but true, those who are less fortunate than us.

Some bodybuilders use it as a tool . . . some people have to use it, have to have it just to survive.

I can relate to that but I put FF up there with smoking. Its horrible for you all the way around aside from the weight gain/Fat gain aspect it puts you high risk for probably a dozen or more chronic illnesses. Its poison bro

I hear you. Count how many fast food commercials you see in the NFL playoffs games today. I’d guess you’ll see 50 easy.
My one struggle is pizza. Lucky for me I live in a small town that only has Dominoes Pizza which is like eating the ass end out of a dead horse 🐎 compared to the incredible authentic family run since 1920 Italian pizza place where I used to live. Comparing that place to Dominoes Pizza is like comparing sleeping with Megan Fox vs. sleeping with Elizabeth Warren.
Dieting was super easy for all of last year but 2023 is a real struggle so far. I usually make up for the cheat meal by doing intermittent fasting of up to 22 hours along with 2 hours of cardio. I’m definitely a bit mental that way.
Just keep trying your best! It sounds like you’re doing real well. 👍

I developed a thing for fast food during college. I was the mascot, so my caloric burn rate was outrageous, so it didn't really matter physique wise. Then, did a season in the minor leagues (baseball), and relied on a "keto" fast food diet while traveling. Then, life happened, and it took several years to drop the fast food attraction.

Good news i don't even crave it anymore, and what I realize is the FANTASY of fast food is greater than the reality of it. That it can even be called "food" is questionable. More like an experience in manufactured palatability.

As other have suggested, mimic your favorite items in your own kitchen, and you'll be proud of yourself for it. Over time, the addiction will pass.

I loved fast food when I was young, but not anymore. The only fast food that I like still would be chic-fil-a. I’ll still get two grilled chicken sandwiches and toss one of the buns. Basically a double chicken patty sammich! Probably do this once every two months or so.

Actually stopped at McD’d for the 1st time in over a year for my son the other night… He wanted something and I knew it was too late for cooking so I stopped. Got me a quarter pounder meal. Took 2 bites, tossed it in the garbage and gave my fries to my son. Just doesn’t taste edible to me anymore.

I ended up making a blended up strawberry/bananas protein smoothie for supper instead.

OP, do you actually enjoy the taste of a lot of these fast food chains?

Cage

So far I remember how I feel after or the next day. Joints hurt, sluggish and tired. That feeling is what has kept me away the last 42 days now. Took my wife to dinner last night and stuck to it. Got salmon, sweet potato with nothing on it and vegetables. Felt amazing leaving there. Felt accomplished. And feel good this morning!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws