over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just sad…

I don't get as worked up as you guys. If I see something I don't like I just don't click on it. Though I do know how to use a search function as I been coming here over 20 years. Maybe just tell them to use the search function and go about your day. I think you'll retain more members that way.

I don't get as worked up as you guys. If I see something I don't like I just don't click on it. Though I do know how to use a search function as I been coming here over 20 years. Maybe just tell them to use the search function and go about your day. I think you'll retain more members that way.
I do the same.
In fact I'll even head over to reddit and read the compound experience threads.
Thr first half of comments are usually insightful. Then the thread devolves into sophomoric memes etc.

I do the same.
In fact I'll even head over to reddit and read the compound experience threads.
Thr first half of comments are usually insightful. Then the thread devolves into sophomoric memes etc.
That said... gear research is being replaced by relocation research. Like slesh, I'm thinking of cashing in a couple properties, then relocating to the Utah mountains.
No more gear use outside of TRT.
Once my daughter picks up my grandson, I'll head to the mountains for the summer. See how I like it then put my plans in motion.
Although these recent bank failures may thwart things. Times are getting interesting

We do that quite a bit. Sometimes there's an influx of newer members and some of us (Mods) get busy and things slip by. I'll look things over. That said, make sure you guys take the time to visit the Beginner section and share your knowledge!

I'll be sure to check it more often.

I personally have hardly had to ask anything on this board at all cuz I’ve always been able to find answers to questions I have with the search function. It’s incredibly useful. but then again I actually enjoy reading the experiences from others (even if it’s something I have no intention of applying 😂)

We were all dumb noobies at one time and said a lot of really stupid shit and made a ton of mistakes. None of us would be here right now if there weren't people who took the time to help us out along the way. I get it, some of these questions look really ridiculous and basic to us vets and it gets frustrating seeing this shit over and over. The solution is to have some patience and find a way to redirect without blackballing or demeaning them. To act like we are these elites who don't want to be bothered and are too good for them seems a little snobby to me. I'm sure if we went back and looked at some of the posts we made when we first started out; we would probably see some similar posts.
Agree 💯💯

I personally have hardly had to ask anything on this board at all cuz I’ve always been able to find answers to questions I have with the search function. It’s incredibly useful. but then again I actually enjoy reading the experiences from others (even if it’s something I have no intention of applying 😂)
This is true. Sometimes I'll search for something like "train arms every day" and find a thread from 2014, none of the active guys today posting. So then we can bump it but occasionally someone having a bad day will go " grr why did you bump this thread it's 5 years old" lol.

I'd say I'd rather have people asking dumb questions online then going up to vets in the gym and interrupt people's workout to ask stuff. It seems like now days kids are less likely to come up to me where In the past I'd have people ask training, supplements, diet, or even AAS questions. Hopefully they realize all this information is online you don't need to interrupt people at the gym. I've had anything over the years from someone ask me what the dip machine works, if I could get them accutaine or anti e, if I've heard of dbol, where I got my tattoos. Now days I see kids doing whatever exercise Paul Carter did this week so at least they are on ig trying to learn.

I started back in the day when you could go to your doctor, tell him you were a bodybuilder/power-lifter or whatever, and he would give you scripts for D-Ball, Anadrol, Deca, Test or whatever, with like five refills of each. Some would have you come back in a couple of months for blood tests, but many would not.

The doctors knew that the orals had been found safe and effective in stand alone studies, back in the days when the FDA wasn’t owned by the pharmaceutical companies. And none of the studies or package inserts on the orals said “Warning, this drug is only safe and effective if you combine it with testosterone.”

There was no big hurry in those days about hitting the needle. Thousands of guys did d-ball only cycles and got huge. It was a big self-experiment time. There was no internet. If you wanted to know if your back would break out in zits from a test/d-ball combo you wouldn’t ask, you would just do the test/d-ball and see if you broke out.

It wasn’t till Major League Baseball players started hitting too many home runs that Congress decided that steroids were a federal interest and so terribly dangerous that doctors could no longer prescribe them.

I grew up in a different era. Before the internet. I miss it to be honest.

I started back in the day when you could go to your doctor, tell him you were a bodybuilder/power-lifter or whatever, and he would give you scripts for D-Ball, Anadrol, Deca, Test or whatever, with like five refills of each. Some would have you come back in a couple of months for blood tests, but many would not.

The doctors knew that the orals had been found safe and effective in stand alone studies, back in the days when the FDA wasn’t owned by the pharmaceutical companies. And none of the studies or package inserts on the orals said “Warning, this drug is only safe and effective if you combine it with testosterone.”

There was no big hurry in those days about hitting the needle. Thousands of guys did d-ball only cycles and got huge. It was a big self-experiment time. There was no internet. If you wanted to know if your back would break out in zits from a test/d-ball combo you wouldn’t ask, you would just do the test/d-ball and see if you broke out.

It wasn’t till Major League Baseball players started hitting too many home runs that Congress decided that steroids were a federal interest and so terribly dangerous that doctors could no longer prescribe them.

I grew up in a different era. Before the internet. I miss it to be honest.
I still think self-experiment is the best way to do it today, internet or not. People should realize that. Yes, they can get advice on the internet but everyone reacts in their own way so the only true way to know is to fucking do it yourself.

Agree on the regs and pharma comments although in the earlier nineties it still seemed difficult to get steroids but actually I was too young to be taking them. Even before the baseball crackdown they were still illegal. Was it ever legal to possess them before a certain year? I seem to remember Duchaine telling stories about getting busted but I think those were dealers.

I still think self-experiment is the best way to do it today, internet or not. People should realize that. Yes, they can get advice on the internet but everyone reacts in their own way so the only true way to know is to fucking do it yourself.

Agree on the regs and pharma comments although in the earlier nineties it still seemed difficult to get steroids but actually I was too young to be taking them. Even before the baseball crackdown they were still illegal. Was it ever legal to possess them before a certain year? I seem to remember Duchaine telling stories about getting busted but I think those were dealers.
Yeah they were illegal without a script, but doc could prescribe them for muscle building (beyond TRT). You could get arrested for buying them over the counter in Mexico and transporting them into U.S. or whatever.

Funny you mentioned Duchaine. We had an old worn out copy of his Underground Steroid Handbook at the gym we used to pass around.

Good memories.

You think it's bad here? Go check out the peptide section....

Nobody wants to do research or read anymore. And the problem is this isn’t a one size fits all type of deal. I can run 2 vials of GH and be completely fine while other guys on here would be falling asleep mid day. Just the same as some guys can run 700mgs of Tren a week and feel like gods. I run any amount and I’m suicidal. You need to do your homework and honestly at the end of the day - you need to guinea pig on yourself. Rant over.
I agree with all the responses in this thread and am glad everyone was cool about all of it. I think you nailed it right here with the guinea pig approach. Yes, it's inefficient, possibly reckless, maybe even dangerous but it is what it is and there's just no getting around it. Same thing applies to psychotropic medications. I don't know which exact medication is going to be effective and neither does our staff psychiatrist (MD). It's really throwing darts at a board (hard truth). Same applies here.

I see a question like, "Would aromasin be better for me than arimidex?" And I can't help but think, "I don't know. Would it?" It's an impossible question to even answer. And it can be frustrating, no doubt.

Historically, I've been rough on newcomers. Someone even once dubbed me "The Cub Killer". But I've made great efforts to be more patient and responsive because the last thing I'd want is to turn people away from being stronger, healthier versions of themselves. I like the idea of a beginners forum. So long as you more experienced folks (which onghus board is most of you) make an effort to go that forum and we take a few minutes out of our forum time to give people answers. So that their question doesn't wind up in no-man's land.

It works in the Counseling Forum. Questions are greeted with many replies. No reason we can't accommodate beginners.

Just my 2 cents.

My memory is that there were people asking beginner questions all the time 10- or 20 years ago. Every spring the board would be filled with questions about how to diet to get in shape for summer and it would be may or june already. And would clen solve the problem. Or now that it is march how to start bulking for summer. I am involved in a few different interests and the membership on forums is down in most all of them. As many have gone over to more modern instant interaction social media where they can just show off the newest thing out there. A few forums that have not lost membership are forums that are filled mostly with old guys with an average age of members that are older then this one. As old guys don't change and keep doing the same thing as they don't want to learn something new. Or that is how i see it.

My memory is that there were people asking beginner questions all the time 10- or 20 years ago. Every spring the board would be filled with questions about how to diet to get in shape for summer and it would be may or june already. And would clen solve the problem. Or now that it is march how to start bulking for summer. I am involved in a few different interests and the membership on forums is down in most all of them. As many have gone over to more modern instant interaction social media where they can just show off the newest thing out there. A few forums that have not lost membership are forums that are filled mostly with old guys with an average age of members that are older then this one. As old guys don't change and keep doing the same thing as they don't want to learn something new. Or that is how i see it.
I wouldn’t say that old guys don’t want to learn anything new. I would say that old guys are more cynical about the “next magic supplement or training program” being the end all of all everything. We’ve just been lied to too many times by too many charlatans to fall for it every time anymore.

I wouldn’t say that old guys don’t want to learn anything new. I would say that old guys are more cynical about the “next magic supplement or training program” being the end all of all everything. We’ve just been lied to too many times by too many charlatans to fall for it every time anymore.
Maybe not training program but I think vets definitely fall for the next magic supplement. Peptides, SARMs, you will see articles on some little things that are found to make 1 percent difference. I remember the datbtrue era, his magical pharma grade peptides (actually just from China) were talked about and bought on all forums from vets and newbies alike.

My first post on this board was horrible. I think I asked where to learn how to brew and I got verbally beaten up. I learned quickly. I will always give time to those looking to learn. I have been on boards for over 20 years and sometimes certain subjects get repetitive but sometimes a newbie blossoms into a vet in time. We all make the first couple dumb post and progress from there.

@slesh, have you simmered down yet??? You ingest all them edibles to put your mind and body back at ease? Lol. Going off on these poor youngbloods looking for some help & guidance.

Cage

Maybe not training program but I think vets definitely fall for the next magic supplement. Peptides, SARMs, you will see articles on some little things that are found to make 1 percent difference. I remember the datbtrue era, his magical pharma grade peptides (actually just from China) were talked about and bought on all forums from vets and newbies alike.
in your mind, what part of that post do peptides fall under exactly

magic supplement
-or-
little thing that makes 1% difference

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner