over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to Starve Cancer- Cancer as a metabolic disease

Killer.7

Registered

Has anyone got into this? Cancer as a metabolic disease is quite and interesting theory. He lists fasting, keto diet and glutamine reduction drugs as a great solution for most cancers.

Anyone know what drugs that might be? I cant seem to find the part where he mentions it. Im 31 minutes deep.

The keto diet won’t stop cancer but it can reverse type-2 diabetes.

I personally don't think any of these things will entirely actually prevent cancer but living a healthy lifestyle can be preventative. Not just Cancer but other things like high BP, diabetes, etc.

Healthy diet rich in fruits, veggies, vitamins
Physical activity, cardio not just heavy training
Stay away from alcohol and drugs
Healthy BMI or if that's not possible a reasonable BF

YMMV- your mileage may(might) vary

The one cancer i would absolutely do keto would be any primary brain malignancy, like GBM. Our brain runs just fine on ketones but there's thought that the mutated malignant brain cells need glucose and don't do so well w ketones. I've done keto before and did like it but if i ever get a GBM I'll be the most hardcore keto dieter on planet earth. Probably still die in 3 years but that would still be longer than most make it. My aunt just died from a GBM, fuckin death sentence

From my reading over the years it seems cancer feeds and grows best in a high glucose environment. So a low/no carb diet can be effective in slowing the disease. The body makes cancerous cells routinely it seems and a healthy body can usually deal with it. It is the less healthy people that usually have more issues according to the studies i have seen.

DNP??? what on earth. Please explain how the DNP works against cancer? Whats YMMV?

Congrats btw.
Cancers are generally hypermetabolic. It would make sense that something that derails our normal cellular metabolism could screw w cancer cells metabolism too. I recall reading that there has been evidence that DNP can antagonize CA... the author was contrasting that many other dinitrophenol compounds are carcinogenic but 2,4 DNP is not. I'm at work but can see if i can find the paper later

From my reading over the years it seems cancer feeds and grows best in a high glucose environment. So a low/no carb diet can be effective in slowing the disease. The body makes cancerous cells routinely it seems and a healthy body can usually deal with it. It is the less healthy people that usually have more issues according to the studies i have seen.
Agree.
My sister in law died of an aggressive form of breast cancer that ended up spreading all over (caught it too late). Her and her husband were loaded and were flying around the world to top doctors, they had her on a keto diet for this exact reason. For a time, it looked like the diet as well as the other treatments were working as stuff slowed down. But once breast cancer metastasizes, you’re in trouble regardless.

Cancers are generally hypermetabolic. It would make sense that something that derails our normal cellular metabolism could screw w cancer cells metabolism too. I recall reading that there has been evidence that DNP can antagonize CA... the author was contrasting that many other dinitrophenol compounds are carcinogenic but 2,4 DNP is not. I'm at work but can see if i can find the paper later
Basically this, yeah. DNP + keto + intermittent fasting effectively created an environment wherein - I suppose, I don’t fully understand the mechanism of action - the cancer cells effectively starved.

Cellular death is rather fast, too.

I did 30 days on, 14 off, 14 on, 14 off, 21 on.

Next MRI came back clean as a whistle. Doctor called me at 9:30 PM shocked lol

I am a low-carber and huge advocate for a variety of health reasons.

When I read that guy’s book, I was fascinated and bought into the ketogenic diet’s potentially curative effects on cancer.

Ray Peat (RIP)and his bioenergetics disciples like Georgi Dinkov (incredibly smart)...and I’m sure many others…. shined a light on this theory of low carb diets being a modality for killing cancer (via the Warburg Effect) and sadly, debunked it to some degree.

Cancer cells unfortunately mutate and can do a metabolic shift, no different than our cells do (burning ketones as a fuel substrate vs carbs).

I think it can help in some cases, but sadly and very unfortunately, the theory has lost steam.

It may not even be glucose related if exogenous ketones have the same effect. The ketones themselves inhibit cancer growth.

Basically this, yeah. DNP + keto + intermittent fasting effectively created an environment wherein - I suppose, I don’t fully understand the mechanism of action - the cancer cells effectively starved.

What type of cancer did you have mate?

We tried true ketogenic diet , several popular "anti cancer" herbal supplements , alkaline water and food.
None of that helped my mom or daughter with carcinoma sarcoidsis (mom) and Hodgkin's lymphoma (daughter)

Did you find this protocol somewhere or make it up yourself? Seems impressive as liver cancer is very often fatal. I am glad you overcame it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws