over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off my Diet... ever get burned out?

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I eat like shit all the time offseason so the only thing i can think of... is i used GH for the first time this year... and it kept me leaner than usual. Well i started dieting my usual 12 weeks out, carb cycled diet, and i think i got too lean too fast. Im almost contest ready, as you can see lines in my ASS when im dry after cardio in the AM (when i do it, its rare). My strength has gone up, but im already leaner than ever in my life or any show iv ever done in the past and i feel like shit ALL DAY LONG and im miserable and moody for no reason. Came off my diet tonight, 7 weeks out from the FIRST show, 9 from the second.... and am eating mcdonalds. Im starting to second guess myself if i really want to do the show, if im too small, mirror playing tricks telling me my physique is soooo weak i wont make top 5... maybe im overtrained or just burned out from trying to hold this low bodyfat for another 2+ months. Maybe im being a bitch i dont know...
im also snippy and moody with my WONDERFUL gf and shes starting to get fed up with it and we are argueing constantly. bodybuilding is NOT worth losing her, shes a gem if iv ever seen one in every way...

anybody go through this?

TP, we all go through something similar when we get ready for contests. It is a form of burnout. I would say if you are that lean now it does not hurt to pull up a bit and relax. Take a day or two off from training and diet and then get back to work. Once and only once i was ready for a show early, bout 6 weeks ahead of schedule. So I did just that. Enjoyed my training and eating for a couple of days. It felt really good and gave me back my sanity. We do push ourselves to the limits of our capabilities and then sometimes we go that one step too far. Spend some quality time with your girl, go out to a nice dinner and a movie, go do something really off the wall and fun. Forget all about the shows for a few days. You will relight that fire again and your body will thank you for it. Hope it all works out.

TP, we all go through something similar when we get ready for contests. It is a form of burnout. I would say if you are that lean now it does not hurt to pull up a bit and relax. Take a day or two off from training and diet and then get back to work. Once and only once i was ready for a show early, bout 6 weeks ahead of schedule. So I did just that. Enjoyed my training and eating for a couple of days. It felt really good and gave me back my sanity. We do push ourselves to the limits of our capabilities and then sometimes we go that one step too far. Spend some quality time with your girl, go out to a nice dinner and a movie, go do something really off the wall and fun. Forget all about the shows for a few days. You will relight that fire again and your body will thank you for it. Hope it all works out.

So you are saying DONT pull out and just ease up a bit for a few days? I cant stop training, its not like me, but i plan to stick to healthy foods, just in much higher amounts, and a few pieces of junk thrown in here and there. I will see how i feel in a week or two, as i can always be in shape for the second show which is bigger anyway (9 weeks away) in probably 3 weeks time based on how fast i dropped bodyfat THIS time, and the probability that my bodyfat wont JUMP up if i dont force it up..... lets just play it day by day haha... thanx for the advice im in a better state of mind right now with the junk in me!

its all part of the game. feelin like shit, tired moody but not usualy this early. as for the gf.....well women who date bbers learn real fast dieting changes you. you do feel like crap, and hurt and are tired, and you cant eat what you want. its very hard and not everyone an do it, but we do!!!! one of two things happens....she will realize what you are doing, respect it and want you to do your best, and try and make things easier on you, or tshe will get fed up and leave. has she ever competed? does she diet? workout? does she have friends who date bbers?its easier for her to understand if she does any of these things.. just sit down and explain to her whats going on, and tell her your sorry for being so cranky.try and put it so she will undersand it, she will appreciate it. if she doesnt think it happens to all of us, get her to post here and pm me. ill tell her we all turn into jack asses when dieting and training hard especialy when you are on a timetable for a big show. multiple shows are harder, you know after all the pain you have 2 more weeks.
but when you realize it tell her. it shows you are man enough to admit you are wrong and you are not trying to be an ass. she will love you for it.
just my 2 cents
lucian

TP,

Relax, Biggun. How many weeks out are you from being stage ready?... It sounds like ("im already leaner than ever in my life or any show iv ever done in the past") you're ready right now.

Shit, man - you should, IMO, rebound for 7 days (eat clean, but lots of food and still train, just drop a day or two off), diet down for 2-3 more weeks, practice your carb up, etc., take a few days off and then diet in (3 weeks or so) for the 1st show...

You're in a good place to actually grow into your show possibly. Just know that you have 7 weeks and even if you went bonkers for 2 of those (e.g., with a week of eating now and a week lost for a carb-up / shitload, etc.), you've got more than enough time in those other 5 weeks to diet...

-R

Please, please remember.

Words hurt. Some things you say and do can destroy a good relationship.

Some things cannot be taken back. The most difficult battle we wage is to control our tongue.

Do your best in your contest preparations, but control your behavior.

TP,

Relax, Biggun. How many weeks out are you from being stage ready?... It sounds like ("im already leaner than ever in my life or any show iv ever done in the past") you're ready right now.

Shit, man - you should, IMO, rebound for 7 days (eat clean, but lots of food and still train, just drop a day or two off), diet down for 2-3 more weeks, practice your carb up, etc., take a few days off and then diet in (3 weeks or so) for the 1st show...

You're in a good place to actually grow into your show possibly. Just know that you have 7 weeks and even if you went bonkers for 2 of those (e.g., with a week of eating now and a week lost for a carb-up / shitload, etc.), you've got more than enough time in those other 5 weeks to diet...

-R

Yea... iv been stuffing my face since i posted this.. i feel sick... think the junk food is outta my system (mind) now lol......

Im ALMOST ready to step on stage... lines in my ass when im dry after cardio... but still got those tiny folds of skin at the tie-in and a like 13mm on my lower back so i could lose a few there too......

Probably going to bulk for 2 weeks on large amounts of healthy food as you said.... then get back to the diet and cut down... 5 weeks is more than enough to get me shreaded... even if i do add back 1-2% during this time....9 point skin fold shows me at .0583% (44mm/211)x.28

TP....you wrestled right? I think I remember hearing that once. I did most of my life and I know that anyone that went through what we went through has the mental toughness to get through something like this. You choose a very hard life (competitive bodybuilding) but thats because you are not like everyone else. I have much respect for people who compete because they willingly choose a hard path to walk down.

Id say that you are in a good position right now....to give up now isnt an option. You are in a spot to play around with your carbs and maybe add some more fats and or red meat. Also think of it this way....you are ready this early right? Fuck that...smoke those fools!! Get peeled...ultra shredded. Your metablism is probably just raging right now. You have the time and the will power to bring your best package to date. Don't quit and get fired up. Use this as motivation. Shoot for that overall!!! Take a day to relax and refocus a bit. I honestly think that everything happens for a reason and right now you are going to take your physique to a point that you have never been. Like I said before get FIRED UP. You have what it takes to be a champion. Stay strong TP.

AWN

My GF is fed up. My 4th show is in 11 days. I have been contest lean for .....4 months or more. It is now my "norm" or homeostasis. I'm not cranky, I dont crave bad at all, Im strong as if I have bodyfat, yet my girlfriend has missed out on an entire summer because of my ambitious (obsessive) personality. I told her I was done after the 2 nd show, than I felt so close to an overall that I pushed it and did another. After the 3rd......well....lets just say NO ONE agreed with my placing and a judge who we all love on this board told me not to waste my condition and do this 4th show 3 weeks later. My GF wanted to kill me after I already made my mind up to do the 4th show. I couldnt end my contest season on a bad note. She does understand and trains 7 days a week with me and squats 3 days a week with me. She does whatever crazy traning method I layout that given day. I feel like a selfish peice of shit BF, but this is my passion and I am very dedicated to it. Having a relationship is VERY difficult as Im starting to realize and you must truly think about others in this selfish lifestyle of Bodybuilding. Shit sorry for rambling, but what Im trying to say is.......TPFU DONT SECOND GUESS YOURSELF, believe in yourself, come in so shredded, you cannot be denied and rock the house dude. Dont play mind games on yourself. I hope your girlfriend will be right by your side and try and understand. Good luck.

OR...

you can tell yourself the guy who is going to beat me isn't breaking his diet and training his ass off.

he has the disciplene to stay the course and as a result will beat me and embarrass me in front of my friends, my woman and my family because he didnt tell himself his conditioning was good enough or that he was ahead in his prep.

listen to your body. not your head. your head is limiting you- you admitted its your body that is growing. your mind is putting you in a bad mood.

3/4 of your prep is conquering your mind.

best of luck. kick ass.

BFU

This is why I always use a very blunt harsh person to help me get ready for shows. i would always feel like I was ready and could slack or get off my diet, but there is nothing like hearing someone say "dont fuck up because you are not where you think you are" It sucks to hear, but it lights a fire under my ass to stick to the diet and train hard.

I have always believed in staying leaner longer and eating your way into a show, it always has given me a much harder look, with out the skin folds like you are talking about.

BBing is a mental sport more than a physical one and right now you are losing a mental battle. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with slowing down or loosening up the diet. You set a goal and you need to finish it! You need to be a champion. Remember with every light day or day where you rested and eased up on your diet someone that is getting ready for your show didn't. It's okay in my opinion to lose but it is NEVER okay to be outworked. I say all or nothing. If you give it everything you will have no regrets. If not well I guess 2nd isn't that bad:confused:

BBing is a mental sport more than a physical one and right now you are losing a mental battle. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with slowing down or loosening up the diet. You set a goal and you need to finish it! You need to be a champion. Remember with every light day or day where you rested and eased up on your diet someone that is getting ready for your show didn't. It's okay in my opinion to lose but it is NEVER okay to be outworked. I say all or nothing. If you give it everything you will have no regrets. If not well I guess 2nd isn't that bad:confused:

I dont plan to get outworked. I know where iv been and im very honest with accessing myself (im by far my WORST critic, when i get compliments i just dont see it, i just see weakness)....i could be torn on stage in 2 weeks from now if need be (i do know what it means to be torn... look up my pix in photos forum from last years shows and thats how lean i am RIGHT NOW... but 20lbs heavier). Im going to take some of the good advice given and bulk clean for 2-3 weeks and see how tight i stay. Seems all i have to do is take my fat burners in the AM and dont eat for 1.5hrs and cut carbs within 4hrs of bed and just get leaner and leaner. Im going to back off the first show (my warmup) and just gun for the second... no need for a lower level warmup... i want the big one anyway, so if i take more time for the big one thats that much more time i have to put into winning it!

So..... 9 weeks out.... you guys are the BEST! Wish me luck! Wait... dont... i believe we make our own luck! ;)

PS.... after pigging out, i fasted for 10hrs.... shit out all the garbage... im hella full and tighter and dryer.... helped with motivation... maybe its what i needed also...

It's ALL about motivation.

I dont plan to get outworked. I know where iv been and im very honest with accessing myself (im by far my WORST critic, when i get compliments i just dont see it, i just see weakness)....i could be torn on stage in 2 weeks from now if need be (i do know what it means to be torn... look up my pix in photos forum from last years shows and thats how lean i am RIGHT NOW... but 20lbs heavier). Im going to take some of the good advice given and bulk clean for 2-3 weeks and see how tight i stay. Seems all i have to do is take my fat burners in the AM and dont eat for 1.5hrs and cut carbs within 4hrs of bed and just get leaner and leaner. Im going to back off the first show (my warmup) and just gun for the second... no need for a lower level warmup... i want the big one anyway, so if i take more time for the big one thats that much more time i have to put into winning it!

So..... 9 weeks out.... you guys are the BEST! Wish me luck! Wait... dont... i believe we make our own luck! ;)

PS.... after pigging out, i fasted for 10hrs.... shit out all the garbage... im hella full and tighter and dryer.... helped with motivation... maybe its what i needed also...

TP,

Glad you back on the ball, but I would not bulk up for 3 weeks. I'd say 7 more days max.

WRT Dusty's notion, and would consider this kind of diet change being smart - the eating is controlled with an intention of gaining a couple pounds of muscle and resetting your trajectory so you peak on time for the 1st show. You really want to be ready to step on stage (for the 1st show) in 5 weeks (2 weeks before). 3 weeks of binging and that's not gonna happen.

I would (again, this is just me) also make that 1st show just as important. Nail that sucker and they you'll know just what to do for the big one and you can be relaxed at that show and look even better. I'm a big fan of doing AT least one full blown practice run (a whole week) or a warm-up show. This would be especially true given that you're now 20lb heavier...

Just some ideas, but I think you'd be a tad upset if you missed the overall at the 1st show b/c you were out-conditioning. (When you think you're lean enough - you go way beyond that and you're getting close, IMO.) Likewise, it'd be silly to do the 1st show and not make it worth your while in terms of working out a strategy for the big show...

-R

TP,

Glad you back on the ball, but I would not bulk up for 3 weeks. I'd say 7 more days max.

WRT Dusty's notion, and would consider this kind of diet change being smart - the eating is controlled with an intention of gaining a couple pounds of muscle and resetting your trajectory so you peak on time for the 1st show. You really want to be ready to step on stage (for the 1st show) in 5 weeks (2 weeks before). 3 weeks of binging and that's not gonna happen.

I would (again, this is just me) also make that 1st show just as important. Nail that sucker and they you'll know just what to do for the big one and you can be relaxed at that show and look even better. I'm a big fan of doing AT least one full blown practice run (a whole week) or a warm-up show. This would be especially true given that you're now 20lb heavier...

Just some ideas, but I think you'd be a tad upset if you missed the overall at the 1st show b/c you were out-conditioning. (When you think you're lean enough - you go way beyond that and you're getting close, IMO.) Likewise, it'd be silly to do the 1st show and not make it worth your while in terms of working out a strategy for the big show...

-R

Very true. Im not reckless and dont plan to "binge" for 3 weeks... more like a controlled strategic clean bulk. Giving myself enough nutrients when i feel it is optimal for growth, while still maintaining or even gaining a SLIGHT amount of bodyfat. Carb cutoffs, low carb days on off days, and AM cardio/fasting is still in effect.

I will see where i am at in 3 weeks and decide if i want to bulk for another week and cut for 5.... or if i want to cut right for the first show and practice my peak. I do, for the first time, have a strong grasp on "peaking" so i am VERY confident i will nail that aspect this time.

As i said.... i know everyone says "when you think you are ready, your half way there" as far as bodyfat..... but i promise i am in the same condition as i was on SHOW DAY last year..YES, i can be in better condition, hence the longer diet and being ready early.. heres the pix as a refresher......http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17228

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle. And by the way I have already seen your pics. That's why I said what I did. There is no reason that you should be doing any shows with a physique like yours and not winning the overall. Good luck with the rest of the prep.

By the way when your shows are over I suggest you do what I always do. Sit your girl down and thank her for making so many sacrifices over the months leading up to the show and ask her what she would like to do. I try to take a week long vacation and make it all about my girl after the show. As you know they sacrafice a lot for us so the least we can do is make a week that is all about them and what they want.

Sounds like you've got a good stategy, TP. (Most important, you're out of the junk food delirium... LOL) FWIW, I like to break my diet up into 4-5 week chunks: Diet for 3-4, then take a week off, eating at least ~15kcal / lb to re-set the metabolism and minimize the possibility of insanity...LOL I have also used the off weeks just like you are - to rebound a bit and regain any lost muscle. This is all planned out - it means an longer week dieting period, but is pretty easy to do... (Anyone can diet for 3-4 weeks if there's an off week around the corner...)

Can't wait to see what you bring this time, man. Sounds like you're gonna look great.

-R

Sounds like you've got a good stategy, TP. (Most important, you're out of the junk food delirium... LOL) FWIW, I like to break my diet up into 4-5 week chunks: Diet for 3-4, then take a week off, eating at least ~15kcal / lb to re-set the metabolism and minimize the possibility of insanity...LOL I have also used the off weeks just like you are - to rebound a bit and regain any lost muscle. This is all planned out - it means an longer week dieting period, but is pretty easy to do... (Anyone can diet for 3-4 weeks if there's an off week around the corner...)

Can't wait to see what you bring this time, man. Sounds like you're gonna look great.

-R

That is a friggen GREAT IDEA.... holy hell never thought of it... i am DEFINATLY doing that next time!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131