over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off my Diet... ever get burned out?

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle. And by the way I have already seen your pics. That's why I said what I did. There is no reason that you should be doing any shows with a physique like yours and not winning the overall. Good luck with the rest of the prep.

By the way when your shows are over I suggest you do what I always do. Sit your girl down and thank her for making so many sacrifices over the months leading up to the show and ask her what she would like to do. I try to take a week long vacation and make it all about my girl after the show. As you know they sacrafice a lot for us so the least we can do is make a week that is all about them and what they want.

hey dusty good points with the gf's,

"behind every good man there is a great girl " that definatly holds true for bbing, i dont know why my girl puts up with me? but she is a lifesaver and a real support for me......

tp4u

i would definatly do the first show, but time the diet to peak for the 2nd more imrotant show.....i learned this lesson this year, especially when competing 20lbs heavier then last year, it really changes a lot in how you need to carb up and dry out...

i was in pretty good shape 7 weeks out of my show when i first posted pics here, if i were you i would cut the morn cardio now, and let the diet get you in shape..... the longer you can stay lean, especially in the offseason the harder you look on stage....

i would eat enuf to keep your bw stable, cut the cardio and let yourself lose those last few lbs over the remainder of your diet.... if you gain weight right now then you are just going to have to cut calories later(putting you at a catabolic enviorment) later in the prep..... if you dont need the cardio dont do it.....

"behind every good man there is a great girl " that definatly holds true for bbing, i dont know why my girl puts up with me? but she is a lifesaver and a real support for me......

I couldn't have said it better both Dusty and KM, I seriously wouldn't be able to do what I do as a bodybuilder without Natalie......I took her to Cabo San Lucas this year and plan to take her on a long honeymoon to hawaii next year for all her hard work.....:D :p

What weight class do you compete in and what shows are you doing?

Skip

Dont know exactly.... im around 214ish today just a moment ago after the gym and a few meals....and pretty hard with 7-9 weeks left... either make light heavies.... or add some weight in the next 2-3 and come in as a HWT. Probably HWT around 210ish on stage. Golds Classic in NJ then the Eastern USA in NYC.

tp4u

i would definatly do the first show, but time the diet to peak for the 2nd more imrotant show.....i learned this lesson this year, especially when competing 20lbs heavier then last year, it really changes a lot in how you need to carb up and dry out...

i was in pretty good shape 7 weeks out of my show when i first posted pics here, if i were you i would cut the morn cardio now, and let the diet get you in shape..... the longer you can stay lean, especially in the offseason the harder you look on stage....

i would eat enuf to keep your bw stable, cut the cardio and let yourself lose those last few lbs over the remainder of your diet.... if you gain weight right now then you are just going to have to cut calories later(putting you at a catabolic enviorment) later in the prep..... if you dont need the cardio dont do it.....

Yea shes being very supportive and i feel bad sometimes. She even started eating healthier with me! haha. Shes a massage therapist and i get a few of those per week which really helps (not deep tissue, i prefer a relaxing massage).

See i cant really cut cardio, because iv done a total of maybe 2 sessions in the last 5 weeks haha. I find i drop weight just as fast by waking up, taking my fat burners, and not eating for 1.5hrs. Then carb cutoff 4-5hrs before bed.... n thats pretty much it. Carb cycle 50g low days (off days from gym) and 250g high days. Protein around 300g. My strength is PEAK in every single lift so i am pretty sure im still slowly gaining muscle. Im still learning my body and what works best, but thats the fun part. I plan to see how much i can conservatively gain in the next 2 weeks without gaining bodyfat. I will check my bodyfat at the end of the week (i keep the MM of each 9 point fold written down) to see whats going on... and il make adjustments as i go. If i can stay close to this condition, based on how fast my body drops bodyfat and responds... 5 weeks is plenty to come in torn to pieces. We shall see.......

and my girley.... isnt she cute (god im SO dead if she sees this haha)

Attachments

• 0619072119.jpg
    0619072119.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Fuck ok... weigh my options.... win these shows.... or live in a van down by the river.... hmmmmm :mad:

You are just thinking a little too much......just follow the process and let things happen....there is some really good advice and my advice to you is to not try and incorporate all of it but take some of the things that really hit home for you hear and that make sense to you as it relates to your body as you know it much better than here does and go with that.....make your plan and follow it and you are going to kick major ass!!!!

The advice given by Homon, is probably the best in here. Don't bulk , clean or other wise for 3 weeks hit it hard for 3-4 refeed for a few then come back down. Keeps you sane.

Sounds like you've got a good stategy, TP. (Most important, you're out of the junk food delirium... LOL) FWIW, I like to break my diet up into 4-5 week chunks: Diet for 3-4, then take a week off, eating at least ~15kcal / lb to re-set the metabolism and minimize the possibility of insanity...LOL I have also used the off weeks just like you are - to rebound a bit and regain any lost muscle. This is all planned out - it means an longer week dieting period, but is pretty easy to do... (Anyone can diet for 3-4 weeks if there's an off week around the corner...)

Can't wait to see what you bring this time, man. Sounds like you're gonna look great.

-R

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1