over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cycles and Training in your 50s

Detroit313

Newbies
This goes out to all the Old Timers like myself. I'm 52 years old, not new to this, been running gear for 30 yrs now, been training just as long. How has your training changed and the same goes to how you run gear? For myself, my body doesn't allow me to train as heavy as I used too, I can't lift nearly as heavy as I used too. As far as how I run gear, I stick to mainly Test Cyp or Ethn which I run 600mgs weekly and will occasionally bump it up to 800mgs. Every once in awhile I'll run Tren E and run some Dbols too.

I’m 61. A pic I took today.

This is going to sound stupid. But the more you buy in to that “I’m old.” “I can’t do this or that or hard or heavy or whatever anymore,” the more you hurt your progress.

You look Father Time right in the eye and tell him to fuck off and find somebody else.
CE541D13-7F45-4DF9-9417-03B694DBB2D5.jpeg

I’m 61. A pic I took today.

This is going to sound stupid. But the more you buy in to that “I’m old.” “I can’t do this or that or hard or heavy or whatever anymore,” the more you hurt your progress.

You look Father Time right in the eye and tell him to fuck off and find somebody else.
View attachment 173226
That only goes so far . With a knee replacement.. hip replacement..and 7 blown discs with spinal stenosis throwing heavy weights around isn’t a wise choice for me.

My training is not different in days a week.. im.still every other day.. my joints are shot.. knee replacements etc.. so my training is geared more towards still using good loads but using different intensity techniques to stimulate .. slowing down the rep cadence. Using only exercises that don't cause any joint aggravation etc.. my reps are a touch higher but using a slow cadence in the eccentric causing me to have to " lighten" up a bit but I still train to failure and just as intense ..

As for gear nothing has really changed.. I stay away from orals . Never touch tren or eq.. I limit my nandrolone use to npp with short stints.. I use gh now much more consistent than in the past..

Plain and simple " if it hurts I don't do it and if I'm tired I take the day off.."

That only goes so far . With a knee replacement.. hip replacement..and 7 blown discs with spinal stenosis throwing heavy weights around isn’t a wise choice for

My training is not different in days a week.. im.still every other day.. my joints are shot.. knee replacements etc.. so my training is geared more towards still using good loads but using different intensity techniques to stimulate .. slowing down the rep cadence. Using only exercises that don't cause any joint aggravation etc.. my reps are a touch higher but using a slow cadence in the eccentric causing me to have to " lighten" up a bit but I still train to failure and just as intense ..

As for gear nothing has really changed.. I stay away from orals . Never touch tren or eq.. I limit my nandrolone use to npp with short stints.. I use gh now much more consistent than in the past..

Plain and simple " if it hurts I don't do it and if I'm tired I take the dIay off.."

I train that same way, slower reps which cause me to not lift as heavy with slightly higher reps then I did when I was younger. I'm more into "feeling" the reps now instead of just slamming them out like I used too. I can't say that I'll stay away from orals or Tren. I actually plan on running Tren E again in May.

I’ll be 52 next month. Training 35 years. Gear 20 years. To sum it up:
1) Train 4 on 3 off. Day 1 chest. Day 2 back. Day 3 legs. Day 4 shoulders/arms.
2) Higher reps. 12-20 reps.
3) Cruise on 300-400 test and 300-400 deca pretty much year round.
4) Daily supps: Multivitamin, coq10, astragalus, red yeast rice, baby aspirin
5) Meds: Lisinopril, prilosec, crestor
6) Daily thc
7) alcohol once a week

That only goes so far . With a knee replacement.. hip replacement..and 7 blown discs with spinal stenosis throwing heavy weights around isn’t a wise choice for me.
heavy was just one of the examples he gave

and heavy doesn’t mean throwing shit around haphazardly as your post suggests

n

did

I "feel" the weight more

I feel the weight now more then I d

I feel the weight now more then I did when I was younger by slowing my rep speed down which in turn causes me not to lift as heavy as I did when I was younger

My "Blast" is 500 mgs/week of test, often with 25 mgs/day of proviron. Other times I'm on 250 mgs test/week. I probably spend equal time at both levels.
My training is the same as it's been for a long time. I do either Hernon's old routine, DC 3-way, or Fortitude but stick with basic tiers 1 and 2.
My upper body strength may be down a small amount due to my shoulders being cashed but legs are still going strong. One thing I try to avoid is training more than two days in a row which is really when I'm doing Hernon's routine.
I treat my high BP with Lisinopril.
Oh, I'm 59 years young, half way to 118.

64 been training 52 years
Been using gear on and off for over 40
On blood pressure and a statin
Use 120 cyp a week / broken into 3 shots trt/ keeps me at 500
Got a couple nagging injuries/ shoulder - but push through
last year was the first year in over 40 years I have not benched 400 over double bodyweight- I think the statin kinda screwed me up- body aches
Train 7 days a week / I do short workouts maybe 40 min. do 20-30 minutes of cardio a day
Kinda battling high hemacrit and RBC- doing a sleep study in a week
Cant wait to retire in 3 months

Started lifting by 1973 am 63 and haven't turned the beast loose in years as it is not in my best interest if i want to maintain the most function i can for the long term. I workout most everyday. In my late 50's i decided i probably should start incorporating at least 1 down day a week. My cycles these days are what some call self prescribed TRT. I can have levels of over 800 on 100mg/week with daily injections but go higher when i want to add a little size although i don't pound the food like i used to so another reason i don't take more T then i do. I ate 6 meals a day for over 30 years and prepped everything every week and don't miss doing that. Only eat 3-4 times a day depending on my activity level. Physically things started breaking down more in my early 50's. And have some titanium chunks in me these days. Working on accruing titanium slowly in the future but i do have it penciled in for down the road.

The gear goes by blood work that I've dialed in over the years and it evolves. i go completely off twice a year, once for 8-10 weeks and once for 4 weeks roughly. When I'm off I support with hCG and a SERM, one or both. I TRT another 6-8 weeks twice a year usually just after the 4 or 8 weeks break. TRT is Test P 50 mg EOD or MWF. Then I ramp up slowly and peak at around 750-1000 mg total gear. I have two favorite cycles. 1. Test/Primo/EQ, 2. Test/Mast/T-bol. I might sub-in things here and there.

Training has changed a lot since the back and knees have degenerated. Bone on bone in one knee on the lateral side, the other one is OK but has ACL replaced. Back is degenerated L3-S1 but no surgery. I never go over 225 squatting and usually much lower and just going for reps. To much and I am in pain for a month. I do a range of stuff for legs, leg press, extensions, leg curl variations, reverse hyper, step mill, belted squats. For back I have to be careful I can do rack pulls part of the year. Other stuff is mostly OK but very controlled and with pauses and slow cadence. I can't go as heavy as I use to by far. Shoulders and chest I can still go fairly heavy but usually go more with very controlled and with pauses and slow cadence.

Main thing is i have to listen to my body and adjust or i will pay and be forced to work around injuries and inflammation. so in the end it's better to strategize rather than go balls out and end up with more surgeries and pain. There are such things as good pain and bad pain.

I track bloods pretty closely and strategically. Things that most of us see going out of range do go out but so far the mild strategy I use keeps things fairly close to in range. I'm 61. I'm not sure how much longer I will keep going like this.

Unlike most, I like the off and TRT periods. the steroid pump goes away, the cardio improves, and athletic activities are more pleasant. I like to hit the speed bag and heavy bag, shoot some hoops, bike in the hills, do 1/2 sprints and such. I'm to old and broken down to compete in anything but I still enjoy those activities and the fitness that comes with them.

My point is that if your workout motto is “I can’t, I can’t, I can’t,” cause “I’m too old.” “I can’t” you are not in a positive mindset.

And “age” is not an “injury,” in and of itself. And should not be treated as one either by you or by society. I wake up saying “I CAN.”

Real physical injuries are another matter altogether. But young people get injuries too don’t they.

But just in case you misinterpreted my post, in no way am I suggesting that you ignore injuries, regardless of your age.

Does that help clear things up?

52yo been training since the late 80s.
Mainly follow the mountain dog style of training, 4 days/ week.
100mg test weekly sometimes add a little primo or mast.

I'll admit to being over 60 lol.
I go lighter but train 5 days a week. I'll spend a whole workout doing just one body part for tons of sets. I still get sore and make progress. More exercises, more sets but light weight.
Yesterday I did 20 sets just for chest. I think the extra sets makes up for the lighter weight. Today I'll do at least 16-20 sets just for biceps. I know I'm not over training.
I competed in PL for over 20 years. Both knees surgically repaired, both rotator cuffs have inoperable damage, plus lower back disc damage. Now I train like a BB.
I do moderate paced cardio 20-25 mins 4-5 days a week.
HRT 250mg test EW, 2-3 iu GH daily. Occasionally bump it up for 4-5 weeks.
I'm supposed to be retired but still personally train clients 5 days a week mornings only, plus I play in a band on weekends. If I say so myself, I'm a killer bass player! LOL
I could not do any of this if I did not strength train. I'm recently single (again) still meeting the honeys! Playing in the clubs, on stage, is even better then you can imagine!
Yee Ha Mo Fo!

Gotta echo a lot of people here, recently in my 50's lifting since I was 12, first cycle at 19...

I think the main difference with training and AAS as you get older is just that you have to make adjustments to training, not intensity.

My joints are more comfortable in the 8-15 rep range than I am doing 5x5 on bench etc. I avoid exercises that don't mesh with my bone structure, for example I've got a shoulder impingement. Vertical overhead presses = injury so I do overhead presses on an adjustable bench one notch down from vertical... no big deal but just don't force things that don't work.

As for AAS still run the same compounds but I keep a closer eye on liver function, blood pressure, HDL, make plans to donate blood if I run EQ, etc.

I’ll be 52 next month. Training 35 years. Gear 20 years. To sum it up:
1) Train 4 on 3 off. Day 1 chest. Day 2 back. Day 3 legs. Day 4 shoulders/arms.
2) Higher reps. 12-20 reps.
3) Cruise on 300-400 test and 300-400 deca pretty much year round.
4) Daily supps: Multivitamin, coq10, astragalus, red yeast rice, baby aspirin
5) Meds: Lisinopril, prilosec, crestor
6) Daily thc
7) alcohol once a week
How long have you used those amounts? If you don't mind me asking, what do your lipids look like?

How long have you used those amounts? If you don't mind me asking, what do your lipids look like?
This is NOT a dig at you personally, i’m just curious why this is always a question when it’s such an individual response. Especially when he‘s on meds for it

This is NOT a dig at you personally, i’m just curious why this is always a question when it’s such an individual response. Especially when he‘s on meds for it
I can't speak for anyone else but it was genuine curiosity when I posted just now. No judgment (everyone's use is their own damn business). Just truly curious. I'd only be guessing about anyone else's motivations, but I would think many are similarly curious as well. I mean, I think this is nearly always the case when anyone does something outside the norm.
And yes everyone is certainly unique in their body's ability to handle (or not handle) drugs of any type.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws