over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How big are your arms?

james001

Banned
and at what body weight- bodyfat... I'm interested to see what it takes to build larger arms... I had to go above 230 to break 18in.

reply with a picture if you don't mind...

I hate the idea of putting on more weight.. it makes me feel like shit... when I hit 236 it was harder to breath... it takes my body a long time to adjust to the weight.

If increasing my arms by an inch or two means gaining 20 more pounds I don't think its worth it. what I want to do is just run anabolics and eat clean... keep my abs and see if the muscle comes... I will not bulk but that may be the only way to do it.

I like to actually see the muscle shape and not cover up with fat. I just think I hit my genetic limit at 18... not sure though.

Who is above 18 inches and did your progres slow down or remain steady?

by your myspace pics you got nice size arms. i think weight and where it goes is all relative, and genetics are def involved. weight you are working out with is def a factor, so if your not lifting heavy weight your not going to get bigger. IMO.

and at what body weight- bodyfat... I'm interested to see what it takes to build larger arms... I had to go above 230 to break 18in.

I hate the idea of putting on more weight.. it makes me feel like shit... when I hit 236 it was harder to breath... it takes my body a long time to adjust to the weight.

If increasing my arms by an inch or two means gaining 20 more pounds I don't think its worth it. what I want to do is just run anabolics and eat clean... keep my abs and see if the muscle comes... I will not bulk but that may be the only way to do it.

I like to actually see the muscle shape and not cover up with fat. I just think I hit my genetic limit at 18... not sure though.

19 1/2"
223 lbs
12% bodyfat
40 yrs old
always had big arms. used to curl all the time.

by your myspace pics you got nice size arms. i think weight and where it goes is all relative, and genetics are def involved. weight you are working out with is def a factor, so if your not lifting heavy weight your not going to get bigger. IMO.

That's interesting that you say that.. because its when I lightened up on the weight and went high reps that my arms broke 18.... I'm really strong when it comes to training bit I wasn't getting the gains. Light works wonders for me.

those pics on myspace are a little older... I've gained the weight since then.

Attachments

• f3lm1.jpg
    f3lm1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,350
illusion

i'll take a muscular defined arm of 17 inches over a bloated chunky 19 inch arm any day. best not to get hung up on numbers but rather be honest with yourself using your mirror. carrying too heavy of a bodyweight just to attain some magic number is senseless in regard to your overall health.

Exactly

i'll take a muscular defined arm of 17 inches over a bloated chunky 19 inch arm any day. best not to get hung up on numbers but rather be honest with yourself using your mirror. carrying too heavy of a bodyweight just to attain some magic number is senseless in regard to your overall health.

Well said.

That's interesting that you say that.. because its when I lightened up on the weight and went high reps that my arms broke 18.... I'm really strong when it comes to training bit I wasn't getting the gains. Light works wonders for me.

Same here, I was doing the standard 10 rep sets with the heaviest weight I could handle and getting nowhere. I lowered the weight and started doing high volume and high reps and really FEELING the muscle work, and now I'm growing like there's no tomorrow. I do anywhere from 20 to 50 reps per set. The intensity makes me grow.

I agree with Tom , I'm much more impressed with a lean 17" arm than a fat
20" arm , just looks bigger.
Since i have been dieting and steadyly loosing BF everybody keeps saying that I'm getting huge , not getting any bigger just a little leaner but seeing more of the actual muscle and its shape make it look alot bigger.

I hear alot of guys talk about having a 20" arm , kinda like having a 10" dick , it sounds good but your feelings are gonna be hurt if you ever break out a tape measure

Long time since I last measured them, but they must have maxed out at 20 3/4" cold after a course of 27 syntherol bottles... or maybe was it 28? :confused:

Haha just kidding on the SEO part :D

Weight at that time (2 years ago?) was a "quite" lean 255lbs.

Now they're probably a little under 20' but much more defined.

Mike1107 has a set of GIGANTIC arms... 21 1/2" cold is a safe bet :eek:

Now that I know his secret I plan on getting mine up to 22' lean over a few months. :)

Long time since I last measured them, but they must have maxed out at 20 3/4" cold after a course of 27 syntherol bottles... or maybe was it 28? :confused:

Haha just kidding on the SEO part :D

Weight at that time (2 years ago?) was a "quite" lean 255lbs.

Now they're probably a little under 20' but much more defined.

Mike1107 has a set of GIGANTIC arms... 21 1/2" cold is a safe bet :eek:

Now that I know his secret I plan on getting mine up to 22' lean over a few months. :)

it took time but I finally gave u my secret weapon for big arms without SEO :D

Same here, I was doing the standard 10 rep sets with the heaviest weight I could handle and getting nowhere. I lowered the weight and started doing high volume and high reps and really FEELING the muscle work, and now I'm growing like there's no tomorrow. I do anywhere from 20 to 50 reps per set. The intensity makes me grow.

same here! lighter weight and high volume and high reps are making my arms grow like weeds!

right at 20" . 6ft 244lbs about 12%. More than any other bodypart my arms respond to higher reps and more volume. I try and focus on getting the best pump I can and do some stretching in between sets which I feel helps the pump as well. Most of my sets are in the 10-15 range on arms with about 12-16 sets for both bis and tris.

Maybe you weren't using the proper rep ranges for your muscle fiber types, for example i need 8 reps or below for my bi's so i know i've got more fast twitch fibers, and for tri's 8+ so they have more slow twitch in them.

I'm 225lbs right now with 18.25" arms, biggest have been 19.25 but now they are leaner

Last edited:
it took time but I finally gave u my secret weapon for big arms without SEO :D

Considering the amount of brownies I've had to feed you with for a few months to obtain that magic formula, I wouldn't say that you "gave" it me... I rather bought it :rolleyes: :p ;)

Here's a pic from about one year ago where arms were exactly 20' cold.

Attachments

• 153A953_tn.jpg
    153A953_tn.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 875
6' tall
302lbs
40% bf
14" arms

PB

ive seen some 16-17" biceps that looked far more impressive than some
18-19" arms that werent defined.

James, I won the palm springs heavyweight in 1990 with only weighing 210 at 6'1" and arms around 16 3/4". Of course I was insanely ripped and dry. Look at the total body in the mirror, don't go by measurements and weight as much.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131