over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PLANET FITNESS THOUGHTS

i had a nice hole in the wall hardcore gym in.......2003-04, whatever it was. Planet fitness bought it out and i was kicked out within 1 week, i dropped my rack deads, about 405, and was informed that i was no longer allowed

So much for the "No JUdgement Zone"...they have more rules than any other gym I've ever seen.

Full disclosure..I just joined one because ut's dirt cheap and gets the job done for now until I get a J.O.B.

Planet Fitness is not a gym for people like us. That place caters to the rest of obese, fast-food-eating, couch potato Americans who want to feel better about themselves because they 'go to the gym'. Nevermind the fact that while they are there they just socialize and probably don't even work up a sweat. I guess the free bagels and pizza nights are a plus though.

The only thing I would actually use it for is tanning. If my gym didn't have tanning beds, a membership at Planet Fitness is only $10 and they have tanning beds. $10 is way cheaper for a month of tanning than you could find anywhere else.

Last edited:
LOL...Planet Fitness, ruining good gyms across the country! That should be their slogan. A really nice gold's gym in my area was turned into one several years ago. If BigByrd52 still posts here or any of you correspond with him, ask him about his deadlifting incident at planet fitness. I remember reading his post about it at SSB(RIP).

LOL...Planet Fitness, ruining good gyms across the country! That should be their slogan. A really nice gold's gym in my area was turned into one several years ago. If BigByrd52 still posts here or any of you correspond with him, ask him about his deadlifting incident at planet fitness. I remember reading his post about it at SSB(RIP).

I remeber that thread from way back when.

Phil, funny you post this. I have a female friend of mine that goes to their New Jersey facility. She says everytime she is working out the "LUNK ALARM" goes off and scares the ever loving crap out of her! hahahahaha She wants me to come by and show her a few pointers but honestly I really don't want to for fear of cursing some manager or PT person out.

I probably am going to join one this week for 10.00 a month...they have like 4 locations around this area and I can use it for cardio on the weekends when in town.
I train @ my corporate gym which is closed on week ends and this past weekend dropped 15.00 on a day pass to Gold's to do some cardio so the price will be worth it for 8 cardio sessions per month...

They may not let me join but we'll see...
they may kick me out because I sweat too muc or wear the wrong attire..;)
There are no choices other than them right now as the YMCA Gold's and all other gyms are prohibitively expensive...

Today I set off the lunk alarm

The 2 benches were in use so I had to use dumbells for flat benches. I did my first set to exhaustion (they go to only 60lbs) and must have put the weights down too hard. I didn't drop them. It was first time I heard the alarm. the gym is 1 mile from my office (perfect for lunch) and only $10. But I hear there is a world gym not too much further away that will be my new gym.Although I like to college girls home for the summer at PF.:rolleyes:

i respect anyone elses choices but i just can't bring myself to give them a single dollar out of principle. i really get worked up about this whole "judgment free" thing. i dont know why i let it get to me. through the years, i've gotten better and better at choosing my battles but for some reason, i can't let this one go. just reading this thread got me a little mad at them, lol.

Lunk Alarm, WTF?

We just had one open up here maybe two miles down the road. I'm moving so it doesn't matter.

But seriously, that is so damn dumb. Can I get fatass on the treadmill to stop breathing so damn hard or clinch his ass a bit tighter? Those farts are killing me.

Oh wait.....I'm judging. :rolleyes:

They had a radio spot basically saying no "meatheads" I think they said would be screaming and slamming weights.and went into their no judgement zone stuff.

Can they kick you out for just being big and intimidating or do you have to set off their stupid little alarm?

Thanks for posting this Phil. This guy is damn funny and a conservative... a breath of fresh air.

wow he is a very clever individual, and brings up some good points!

also he does a pretty good rocky impression

planet fitness

there is so many things to say,if i had enough money id burn that place down an build a real gym were the only alarm that they d have would be for people that dont push them selfs

lunk alarm is such a joke. it is basically a alarm for people who work hard.

I joined for convenience and location. Well.... big mistake. They are cheap and close but now that I have been working out for a month and a half after coming back from injury, I am lifting the entire stack of weights on their machines. Their leg press will only hold just under 700 at best. Everyone STARES at me for ANYTHING I do. If I lift over 35 pound dumbells for lateral raises on shoulders, they all look at me and ask "what is this druggie doing at OUR gym?""

There are 70 year old guys coming in and working out in DRESS clothes. I'm serious! White buttoned up shirt and beige dress pants on the leg extention machine, moving 15 pounds!

OH! I love when the Planet Fitness official satellite radio announcer comes on and says how there are no "lunks, bodybuilders, or whatever" allowed here, because this is the "judgement free" zone!!!!

I never felt so discriminated against in any gym!!!! Gotta find a new one FAST!

I probably am going to join one this week for 10.00 a month...they have like 4 locations around this area and I can use it for cardio on the weekends when in town.
I train @ my corporate gym which is closed on week ends and this past weekend dropped 15.00 on a day pass to Gold's to do some cardio so the price will be worth it for 8 cardio sessions per month...

They may not let me join but we'll see...
they may kick me out because I sweat too muc or wear the wrong attire..;)
There are no choices other than them right now as the YMCA Gold's and all other gyms are prohibitively expensive...

Sound slike a good time to have some competition come on in to town...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear