over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Cycle is over - quick log for newbies interested

Mota

Registered
I thought I'd post up my experiences with my first cycle so anybody about to take the plunge can check out my experience.

I am 27. I was not at the recommended body composition prior to experimenting with AAS. I have lived my whole life as a 151lb weakling. At 6' tall I was a skinny kid my whole life. I hadn't ever constantly trained prior to last year. While I saw some gains right away in strength I wasn't gaining weight. My workouts were all over the place, I just went to the gym and did whatever. (way too much focus on arms and chest and abs, neglected back, core and legs.) I did more research and learned about body types and proper training and proper diet. I stated to see some change in my body. I went from 150lbs to 165lbs over the course of a little under a year. At 165-169lbs I hit a wall, no amount of calories was making a difference, I changed to a more consistent workout plan and started tracking everything I did. I used a 3 day split and pushed my self to either increase the reps or the weights on every exercise I did. I was making progress but it was slow. Several guys I work with cycle and had been telling me since the start that I should be using. I did some reading and decided it was worth the risks to me. I bought some gear and away I went. I had been trying every stupid supplement on the market up until this point so I think the cost of my training is about the same overall. I have been using just Protein, Weight Gainer, Black powder pre-workout, Vitamins, and Udo's oil. lol. sounds like a lot when I type it out but I really had tried all the gimmicky expensive shit they sell to suckers like me trying to change from skinny to ripped so that list is way shorter than it was.

My cycle was as follows
Wk 1 -2 250mg Test E
Wk 3 -5 375mg Test E
Wk 6 -11 500mg Test E
Wk 12 375mg Test E

All shot once a week.

To control sides I have been using Aromasin as needed. I don't have a set schedule for it, I just check my face/nips in the morning for puffyness and based on how much extra water I have on me I take between none and 6mg with my breakfast. It has seemed to work out to about 12.5mg every 3 days.

Sides haven't been bad at all. As my test levels were on the way up acne was more of a issue than it had been for me since high school. But no major breakouts of anything. Just had to wash the face more often than usual especially after sweating.
No other sides to report, no moods, no anger, no Gyno.
Sex drive has been high but not crazy as some people had described.

How did I feel? Best I ever have. I feel healthier, stronger, and more energized to be alive than I have in years.

On the the good part, the results.
Today I tip the scales at 183lbs. My arms are bigger and more defined, I have pecs! All my lifts are way up right now (you get funny looks when your squatting 300lbs at my size) Despite having to force down 4500cals a day I really haven't put on any fat.

I'll update this again when I finish my PCT as I know I've experienced all the good parts and not its time for the shitty part. I have clomid and nolva on hand and will be doing a standard PCT.

Would I do it again? What would I change next time? Yea, my experience has been so good that I plan to run another cycle starting in Feb. I intentionally errored on the side of safety this go around. I didn't need to step up my test slowly like I did, but I felt safer doing it that was to see how I reacted so thats what I did and I don't regret it.
Next time I think I am going to start and end with much faster acting ester like test P and use Test E again for the bulk of it. I think the dosing will be 600mg/week. I plan to run SYNTHELAMIN with it as eating has really been a chore. I don't have the appetite for this kind of calorie intake so I'm forcing half my meals down. I know I could have had better gains if I'd been able to eat more.

I'd be happy to answer any questions and any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys, this board has been a great source of information I consider fairly reliable.

IMO, the sad part about this is three fold. 1, you could have been at 183 with a solid diet, and if you could not figure it out yourself I hear Phil is pretty good at helping and 2, your net gain 3 months from now will probably be minimal as your not consuming the right foods at the right quantites to sustain the size and weight the cycle provided and 3, you only get one first cycle, and your is now gone.

my 2 cents

I do think this thread is very informational for beginners. We all live and learn and finding the ideal set up is the key factor! Thanks for the post, im sure it will help others from making the same mistakes.

IMO, the sad part about this is three fold. 1, you could have been at 183 with a solid diet, and if you could not figure it out yourself I hear Phil is pretty good at helping and 2, your net gain 3 months from now will probably be minimal as your not consuming the right foods at the right quantites to sustain the size and weight the cycle provided and 3, you only get one first cycle, and your is now gone.

my 2 cents

i find this thread to be very informational, he describes his nutrition a bit and he also says he threw calories at the problem. Why does every newperson(even ones running a sane cycle) get bashed lately. he is sharing, he doesn't need to hear all the bitterness. I would gaurantee that almost 100% of the board here didn't do their first cycle ABSOLUTELY right, so why if we couldn't get it right do we expect others to? He got good results.

MOTA, keep eating and keep up the hard work man. it is just as important what you do off as on. And my first cycle was certainly not perfect but i still managed to get to a fairly lean 240 at midget height. Just keep up the hard work

nsb

Yeah you would shit your pants if you knew my first cycle back in the mid 90's. It was down right awful!!!! But sites like this keep us learning the proper way and the safe way to do this stuff.

Hey nice post Mota, very informative and you learned alot as well. I agree you could have obtained more weight naturally (and you know that) but it sounds like you have learned alot after this experience.

Now work on your diet while your body recovers and your next run will be better. I think running the b12 is a good idea, never ran it myself but heard many good things about stimulating appettite, energy, etc.... keep it up bro

i find this thread to be very informational, he describes his nutrition a bit and he also says he threw calories at the problem. Why does every newperson(even ones running a sane cycle) get bashed lately. he is sharing, he doesn't need to hear all the bitterness. .....

nsb

I was not bitter, I gave my opinion. At 6 ft tall and 165 lbs, IMO his issue was and still is food. period. No amount of AAS will help fix that problem.

I would rather be honest with feedback then say "good job bro!!". Also, think about another 6 ft 160 lb newbie reading what mota did, and then reading everyone else saying "way to go". Is that the message you want to send? I dont think the vast majority of other members here would say tell him with those stats to go run a cycle.

another 2 cents :cool:

drob, I think that lots of guys like yourself who are blessed with more gifted genetics than myself to believe that everybody will respond to training the same way you do that isn't the case. Genetics are a huge part of how easy it is to put on mass. Every time I've trained in my life that guys I train with see more gains than me. And they aren't even focused on what they eat. I logged every calorie I ate while they didn't worry about it and the pounds piled up on them while I get a little more cut but the same size. If I can maintain my weight at 3500 cals a day I should have seen more growth at 4500 than I did. At over 5000 I'm tired all day from digesting food, I feel like shit...
I know some people feel that AAS should only be used by advanced athletes who are pushing the limits of what nature intended. But I don't have a single regret. I don't want to be a 240lb monster. I don't want to compete. AAS helped me get closer to the body I wanted and did it quickly. I did as much research as possible. I did as safe of cycle as I could find. I plan to do proper PCT. I plan to maintain the weights I'm lifting. I plan to mainting my eating...
I belive I called you a douche on BB.com and I still mean it... Just because my goals and genetics aren't the same as yours doesn't mean I don't deserve to live a better life. And if AAS helps me with that I don't get what your problem is.
If another newbie who has been a hard gainer his whole life reads this thread and is serious about committing to having a better body then my advice would be do your research but don't toss the idea out just because drob says you aren't worthy.
I get nothing but compliments every time I see somebody who hasn't seen me in a while. I'm more confident. I feel health, strong and great. I have no reason to believe that I have done any long term damage to my body. And you feel that it is "sad"... Why? I guess because I could have used that first cycle later to get to a size I have no intention of getting to... Thanks for your two cents doucherob, but I don't feel like its very valuable to me.

drob, I think that lots of guys like yourself who are blessed with more gifted genetics than myself to believe that everybody will respond to training the same way you do that isn't the case. Genetics are a huge part of how easy it is to put on mass. Every time I've trained in my life that guys I train with see more gains than me. And they aren't even focused on what they eat. I logged every calorie I ate while they didn't worry about it and the pounds piled up on them while I get a little more cut but the same size. If I can maintain my weight at 3500 cals a day I should have seen more growth at 4500 than I did. At over 5000 I'm tired all day from digesting food, I feel like shit...
I know some people feel that AAS should only be used by advanced athletes who are pushing the limits of what nature intended. But I don't have a single regret. I don't want to be a 240lb monster. I don't want to compete. AAS helped me get closer to the body I wanted and did it quickly. I did as much research as possible. I did as safe of cycle as I could find. I plan to do proper PCT. I plan to maintain the weights I'm lifting. I plan to mainting my eating...
I belive I called you a douche on BB.com and I still mean it... Just because my goals and genetics aren't the same as yours doesn't mean I don't deserve to live a better life. And if AAS helps me with that I don't get what your problem is.
If another newbie who has been a hard gainer his whole life reads this thread and is serious about committing to having a better body then my advice would be do your research but don't toss the idea out just because drob says you aren't worthy.
I get nothing but compliments every time I see somebody who hasn't seen me in a while. I'm more confident. I feel health, strong and great. I have no reason to believe that I have done any long term damage to my body. And you feel that it is "sad"... Why? I guess because I could have used that first cycle later to get to a size I have no intention of getting to... Thanks for your two cents doucherob, but I don't feel like its very valuable to me.

well that was uncalled for...:eek: jesus bro.....If your happy with it Mota more power to you.

One thing is that most (like 98% IMO) of "hardgainers" are really "badeaters". Before you jump up and down and swear at me more, I am not saying you are. Most are. And there is way to many people who are not willing to put the effort into diet and workout and are looking for the quick fix of AAS. Now more than ever. I believe you made a mistake cycling when you did (6 ft, 165).

When I post I am not looking to be popular, or well liked. What I try to be is honest and I what I gave you is my honest opinion, and I stand by the meat of my post: that you could have got 14 lbs you gained on cycle with a better diet (and with Phils help if you sought it).

By the way, I dont belong to bb ing.com, and I have never posted over there. I read a bit over there years ago and it became quickly apparent that most over there dont have even the slightest clue. That place is loaded with mouthy 160 lb experts running 2 grams of test a week that want to cycle instead of eat. So no....that's not me :cool:

another 2 cents from "doucherob" (lol...I kinda like that...)

Thanks for posting your experience.

I personally would not raise the Test for your next cycle, if you saw good gains with what you did stick to that for now.

I would like to hear an update from you 2 months from now so you could let us know how much muscle you actually kept.

If you keep a good amount of muscle, good for you.

If you dont then it will be considered lesson learned and next time around you will have more first hand experience going into next cycle.

Thanks for posting your experience.

I personally would not raise the Test for your next cycle, if you saw good gains with what you did stick to that for now.

I would like to hear an update from you 2 months from now so you could let us know how much muscle you actually kept.

If you keep a good amount of muscle, good for you.

If you dont then it will be considered lesson learned and next time around you will have more first hand experience going into next cycle.

I will report back in and update this thread when I feel like I'm 100% again after PCT.

I'm curious to see how much if any of the weight will be retained.

IMO you will be back to 165 within 6 months, because of your lack of consistency.

To each his own, but for one you could have used half the amount you did of AAS, and still had the same results and two, you are just what the internet promotes for irresponsible steroid use.

Training for a year is NOT long enough to start venturing into steroids.

You got what you wanted, fast gains- But you will find out that there is an old saying, easy come, easy go.

Please, don't attack members on this board with name calling when you are getting constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Shitting on me for what is done while providing no valuable input at all is not...

I don't know why you feel I have a lack of constancy. Since I made a commitment to changing how I look I have become consistently more and more dedicated to cleaning lots, eating clean, training hard and consistently. I have been to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week every week this year. I do not plan to let up at all in the next couple months. My eating and training will be more focused that ever while my test take a dive and then recover.

I don't mind hearing thats lots of people think I'm going to lose what I have gained but I think that makes me even more motivated to keep it. :-D

2 weeks after last injection

Quick update. Its been a little over two weeks since I last pinned. Started taking Nolva/clomid on Friday, been running 20/50 morning and night for now, will drop to once a day at the end of this week.

In the past week my strength has dropped off a little, but the biggest difference I've noticed is that I'm sore the day after training again. I didn't really notice it while on but I never felt sore the next day from working out, I was always ready for more.

Wensday/Thursday last week I didn't feel like my self, I was moody and kind of down. No issues with acne or gyno to report.

Weighed in at 181lbs on Sunday down from a peak of 185 the Sunday before. I think it has been water weight dropping as I don't look at full as I did but I do look more defined. Been forcing myself to maintain my eating even more than I did on cycle as I don't want to lose weight, I'd rather put on a little fat than give up muscle.

i'm going to agree with Nikopapp on this one, i think you're going to drop most if not all of the weight you put on.
I'm not trying to be an ass, but from what i've read so far you didn't build a solid foundation (165 lbs at 6'0, come on) and you lack experience. but what is important is that you learned from your cycle and you did make good gains.
And from one hard gainer to another, eat more and lift heavier. When i started lifting i was 6'0 130 lbs. fully dressed. Now, 4.5 years later, i'm 6'3, 195 lbs. (no clothes), 100% natural and my bodyfat has never been over 8% (knock on wood). If you're a hard gainer what you need is more food, i've made most of my gains over the past 2-3 years when i changed my diet to high carb high protein and made sure to get at least 7000 calories a day, and of course started lifting heavier. in my opinion, you should get another year or two of experience and/or gain a lean 10-15 lbs. natural.
but thats just my opinion and i'm in no way, shaoe, or form an expert.

Hey newbies if this is the same drob29 I know from a different board you guys would be wise to listen. That is a smart and "experienced" dude you are arguing with. IMO

^Bump^ everything he said!

Last edited:
Update: 3 weeks after last pin

I believe I must be lucky and my body has no problems recovering at all. I feel like I could discontinue PCT at this point. Weight has stabilized. ( back up to 182lbs today) Felt just as strong this workout as I did 2 weeks ago when I set personal bests in just about every exercise. Sex drive has been good. No gyno, no acne.

Not sure if the quick recovery is due to tapering the test dose down at the end or running both clomid and nolva for PCT or just lucky genetics in that regard but whatever the reason I feel great.

Going to begin ordering supplies for my second cycle fairly soon. Plan to run it Jan-March 2010. Still planning to run Test P instead of Test E next time as 4 weeks is too long to go before the gains start and I'd rather not run orals at all. Been kicking around the idea of running a longer cycle (12-16 weeks) and including HCG and maybe EQ. EQ would be ran at 400mg/week, test at 500mg/week. I will run Aromasin again for sure with whatever I decide to run and will use both Clomid and Nolva again for PCT.

Two questions:
1) Should I run my PCT as planned?
Wks after last pin 2 3 4 5
Clomid 40 20 20
Nolva 100 50 50 50
Or shorten it since i feel good and stop at the end of this week?
Wks after last pin 2 3 4 5
Clomid 40 20
Nolva 100 50
2) Would you recommend adding a second compound to Test P for my second cycle? If yes, what and how much? (no orals please)

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Shitting on me for what is done while providing no valuable input at all is not...

I don't know why you feel I have a lack of constancy. Since I made a commitment to changing how I look I have become consistently more and more dedicated to cleaning lots, eating clean, training hard and consistently. I have been to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week every week this year. I do not plan to let up at all in the next couple months. My eating and training will be more focused that ever while my test take a dive and then recover.

I don't mind hearing thats lots of people think I'm going to lose what I have gained but I think that makes me even more motivated to keep it. :-D

This is why you are going to lose all those gains and are just blowing money.
You dont plan to let up in the next couple months, hmmmm.RED FLAG.

You could have gained this weight natty for sure and anyone that condones this is an idiot and shouldnt be posting advice like this.

You all should be ashamed....

Fuck man, I don't know whats wrong with the elitist attitude most of you have. Its my money and money isn't a issue so don't worry about my bank balance thanks.
Way to misunderstand one line I typed and ignore everything else I typed. My diet has become more and more bodybuilding orientated progressively over the last year. I continue to improve what I eat and I continue to eat more of it. I'm not some idiot who is going to get the results he wants and quit all the lifestyle changes that got me the results.

I wish bodybuilding boards had more people who would just give a guy a decent response and maybe start some some discussion over a difference of opinion. Almost nobody around here gives me any constructive advice, I read lots of interesting options discussed in threads by those who are deemed worthy but since I'm not worthy all I get is shit replies from mostly douche bags...

Daddy mac, go fuck yourself!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420