over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Military Veteran OUTKAST

mohawkmike

Registered
I served in the Marine Corps on active duty for 4 years, did 2 tours in combat and got out on a honorable discharge thinking at the time that I had enough of the Corps. I don't know how many other VET'S are out there and feel this way but ever since I got out I feel like Ive never really fit back into society, almost like an outkast. I don't feel like I've ever adapted back into society and its been years since I've gotten out. I walk around constantly pissed off!!! I miss the Corps really BAD!!! I'd go back in in a heartbeat but now I've got a wife and kids and to be honest if I didn't have kids I'd sign back up. Any other VET'S out there feel this same way? To all my fellow JARHEADS out there, SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it all depends on where you live...I live in Vegas and I got out of the Air Force last September after 10 years...People around here seem to appreciate vets...Where do you live?

I guess it all depends on where you live...I live in Vegas and I got out of the Air Force last September after 10 years...People around here seem to appreciate vets...Where do you live?

I'm not talking about feeling appreciated, I'm talking about not ever feeling like I fit back into society after being in the military.

I served in the Marine Corps on active duty for 4 years, did 2 tours in combat and got out on a honorable discharge thinking at the time that I had enough of the Corps. I don't know how many other VET'S are out there and feel this way but ever since I got out I feel like Ive never really fit back into society, almost like an outkast. I don't feel like I've ever adapted back into society and its been years since I've gotten out. I walk around constantly pissed off!!! I miss the Corps really BAD!!! I'd go back in in a heartbeat but now I've got a wife and kids and to be honest if I didn't have kids I'd sign back up. Any other VET'S out there feel this same way? To all my fellow JARHEADS out there, SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!!

Bro, I totally get what you're talking about.

No clue on your mos. There are HUGE bonuses for resigning right now. Alot of specialties are paying 100k to resign. I'd check monster bro, a big bonus might make the decision for you and your family.;star-wars

sounds like

First, I have worked with OIF/OEF veterans for sometime and thank you for your service. It sounds like you are struggling relating to others in a meaningful way, particularly civilians. This is a very common experience with vets (from Korean and a few WWII to present day). Reintegration into civilian life (expectations, demands, pace, lack of command, structure, respect, shared goals, etc.) is usually challenging and make require assistance from an experienced (probably military) professional. Interestingly, you mentioned the Marine Corps raised you and not your family. How is your relationship with your family? Combat experiences, service connected for military service? Depression or anxiety? How about communication skills?

Just trying to understand and help...

Not quite the same but take a gander at the private sector. I've been working private for going on four years now after being recruited amazing employment opportunities and you will always feel like you fit in. I live domestic but work intl obviously and I will never feel like I fit in in mainstream society, but thats what makes us unique my friend.

The best thing about having been in is being out and being able to talk shit for the rest of your life.:D

First, I have worked with OIF/OEF veterans for sometime and thank you for your service. It sounds like you are struggling relating to others in a meaningful way, particularly civilians. This is a very common experience with vets (from Korean and a few WWII to present day). Reintegration into civilian life (expectations, demands, pace, lack of command, structure, respect, shared goals, etc.) is usually challenging and make require assistance from an experienced (probably military) professional. Interestingly, you mentioned the Marine Corps raised you and not your family. How is your relationship with your family? Combat experiences, service connected for military service? Depression or anxiety? How about communication skills?

Just trying to understand and help...

As far as my relationship with my family(mother/father), talk to my father(were not close though, not your typical father son relationship but it works for me), I dont talk to my mother,its notworth the B.S. (parents have been divorced since I was 1yrs old). My immediate family,my wife and kids is all good. I did 2 tours of combat, no depression/anxiety, other then missing the Marine Corps. Think my comm skills are good, just dont trust civilians for the most part, backstabbing is too common.

I think this is something all of us military people go through. Even after Basic and techschool, friends and family, neighbors and former coworkers... they all became civilians to me. If you ask me how to describe a person walking down the street, i'd call him a civ. If you ask me how to describe the Airman beside me, I'd call him a brother.

I think this is something all of us military people go through. Even after Basic and techschool, friends and family, neighbors and former coworkers... they all became civilians to me. If you ask me how to describe a person walking down the street, i'd call him a civ. If you ask me how to describe the Airman beside me, I'd call him a brother.

I hear ya bro, it may or may not be right but the way I look at civilians is no matter what they've accomplished, such as college degrees etc.. its still nothing compared to being in the military. Theres a bond in the military that they'll never no or have. I MISS THE MILITARY EVERY DAY!!!

I have to agree with you. I got out of the Marines in 1986 (did a tour in Beirut) and it did take me some time to adjust. I tried to go back in years ago but they told me I was too old. I'm in just as good of shape now as I was then. Maybe I can'r run as fast but the again...Marines never run! Sempre' Fi !

I have to agree with you. I got out of the Marines in 1986 (did a tour in Beirut) and it did take me some time to adjust. I tried to go back in years ago but they told me I was too old. I'm in just as good of shape now as I was then. Maybe I can'r run as fast but the again...Marines never run! Sempre' Fi !

If it wasnt for my 2 young daughters I would have gone back in. I wasnt married when I was in nor did I have any kids. Btw, my section cheif was in Beirut at that same time you were there, Sgt. Drew? might have been a Cpl at that time? Does the name ring a bell? SEMPER FI BROTHER!!!!!!!

go back in...my brother has a wife and kids, and he said hes a marine for life! theres plenty of marines with familys-if you want to go back so bad ,do it!

go back in...my brother has a wife and kids, and he said hes a marine for life! theres plenty of marines with familys-if you want to go back so bad ,do it!

REALLY????theres plenty of MARINES with families???? Thanks for the INFO, NO KIDDING!!!! Its not worth putting my family through with me getting deployed. And I'm also A MARINE 4 LIFE!!!!

REALLY????theres plenty of MARINES with families???? Thanks for the INFO, NO KIDDING!!!! Its not worth putting my family through with me getting deployed. And I'm also A MARINE 4 LIFE!!!!

you keep saying -i want to go back-i cant handle civilian life...go back in or deal with civ.life...i dont know what else you want to hear...a marine for life,is an active marine- a discharged marine is an ex.marine!

Loved the Military but tough place to raise a family.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear