over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building your own webpage

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Is this something that is easy to do?? Or is it best left to folks who know how to build them? I want to create my webpage for a side business I have but am not to sure how to go about it. What's the most money consuming part of starting and running your own site?

And what exactly do folks like godaddy.com do for you? Thank you.

Yikes...its not about the money...its about the time. Most website templates are pretty limiting and you have to take what you can get...and get a lot of crap you dont want.

You can build a pretty basic website on your own using cheap software, but it will look cheap too.

It all depends on what you want out of it. Ive designed a bunch of websites from e-commerce to real estate sites...they all take loads of time to create if you want something nice.

Godaddy is where you get your domain.

Honestly, pay a freelancer to build your site....or buy dreamweaver and photoshop and subscribe to lynda.com for video tutorials on how to use it.

Yikes...its not about the money...its about the time. Most website templates are pretty limiting and you have to take what you can get...and get a lot of crap you dont want.

You can build a pretty basic website on your own using cheap software, but it will look cheap too.

It all depends on what you want out of it. Ive designed a bunch of websites from e-commerce to real estate sites...they all take loads of time to create if you want something nice.

Godaddy is where you get your domain.

Honestly, pay a freelancer to build your site....or buy dreamweaver and photoshop and subscribe to lynda.com for video tutorials on how to use it.

Thank you brother. Good Info. I guess I dont need anything too expensive of a website for what i have in mind. Just a webpage with info and pictures of past jobs and such of my business. I can verbally sell the rest. :D

thanks again.

Very easy
Use MS frontpage to make the page and get a redirect URL at mydomain.com for about $9 a year.
Use a ftp program and upload your page to you ISP and now point the redirect URL to your isp page and and your done.

Very easy
Use MS frontpage to make the page and get a redirect URL at mydomain.com for about $9 a year.
Use a ftp program and upload your page to you ISP and now point the redirect URL to your isp page and and your done.

Frontpage is getting dated now, but Mydomains is excellent. As for an FTP program, you dont need one. Just use Internet or Windows Explorer in Windows or a browser or shell in Unix.

It sounds like your wanting to create a pretty basic website to promote your business. The most money you should spend is $10 for your domain and about $5 monthly for your hosting.
As far as creating your website head over to wordpress.org(there is also wordpress.com but its more of a blogging platform and you have less control over it). Its a free service you can use to build your website. And a complete newbie can easily develope a site. You can make it look like a blog or use one of the many templates you can get for free!!
Also go to you youtube and type in something like "building a website with wordpress" or "installing wordpress" etc. etc.
Your also gonna need a hosting company. Alot of people like hostgator.com.

It seems like it would be hard, but you would be surprised how easy and cheap it really is.
If you decide in the end you dont want to do it yourself, you can outsource it(elance.com, odesk.com, guru.com) and probably get it built somewhere between $100-$200 dollars.
Please feel free to PM me for any other questions!

It sounds like your wanting to create a pretty basic website to promote your business. The most money you should spend is $10 for your domain and about $5 monthly for your hosting.
As far as creating your website head over to wordpress.org(there is also wordpress.com but its more of a blogging platform and you have less control over it). Its a free service you can use to build your website. And a complete newbie can easily develope a site. You can make it look like a blog or use one of the many templates you can get for free!!
Also go to you youtube and type in something like "building a website with wordpress" or "installing wordpress" etc. etc.
Your also gonna need a hosting company. Alot of people like hostgator.com.

It seems like it would be hard, but you would be surprised how easy and cheap it really is.
If you decide in the end you dont want to do it yourself, you can outsource it(elance.com, odesk.com, guru.com) and probably get it built somewhere between $100-$200 dollars.
Please feel free to PM me for any other questions!

Thank you brother.

monstertemplates.com sells templates that look pretty damn good. check em out dude.

Thanks again my friend.

If you have an apple, most come with iWeb which is SUPER easy to use. Check it out :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws