over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Consumer Reports- Protein Drinks

now everyone get their tap water tested:rolleyes:

]

thats no shit right their , some folks water isin't fit to bath in and they drink it all day

Guys, for what it is worth, I contacted the company that I use (Ultimate Nutrition) and they responded within hours with a slew of lab reports on the heavy metal content of all their Prostar Whey powders. All pass with flying colors. I attached one for you, the rest are similar except for different flavors. No, I have no affiliation with this company, just as a consumer.

It would be interesting to see how other companies respond to requests like this -- if they will "pony up" and show lab tests.

Last edited:
This could be a very bad thing, if this news gets blown up. I could see it now, FDA ban on protein powders and supplements. Fat crisis too be continued. Keeping americans fat, relaying on doctors and keeping the pharm companies in business.

The FDA guildlines for protein intake are really low, and I know that I couldnt survive on it. I had to sit in the hospital after my heart attack and listen to their dietician advise me on how to eat. The meals in the hospital were mostly carbs.

One serving of my protein powder, just 27 g, is 54% of the daily allowance for protein! I just do not understand how it can be that low. Even someone as small as my wife, 120 lbs, would need more than that I would think? Then the FDA has people eating so many grains/carbs.

The FDA guildlines for protein intake are really low, and I know that I couldnt survive on it. I had to sit in the hospital after my heart attack and listen to their dietician advise me on how to eat. The meals in the hospital were mostly carbs.

One serving of my protein powder, just 27 g, is 54% of the daily allowance for protein! I just do not understand how it can be that low. Even someone as small as my wife, 120 lbs, would need more than that I would think? Then the FDA has people eating so many grains/carbs.

if the health care industry doesnt keep us needing them they are doing themselves an injustice, biggest bunch of liars after the govnt if you ask me, cant trust a one of em sadly

Well this is all I am going to say because i dont want to get into bashing other protein companies.

What we do here at trueprotein:

1)I dont make finished retail products for any of the company's named.

2)And I especially dont acquire protein from China (which from what I am hearing and seeing now is being done backalley wise)

Not us.

Yep, and with all the tuna I have eaten over the years, I could extract enough mercury to build a thermometer :D

LMAO!!! Same here!! :D

"China" is the keyword in all this. Like DC stated, and who knows WAY more on this topic than I do, most get their protein elsewhere and NOT China.

Australia, New Zealand etc....

Well....at least before Coke and Pepsi bought it up:mad:

BMJ

So everyone started buying from Asia to make up for the huge whey shortage that Coke and Pepsi made.....

(Big A is going to get a good chuckle out of this below)

Its pretty darn sad when I have a slew of China/Asia manufacturers desperately trying to buy from us because they sold clean out of product from supplying American companies who bought from them on the cheap during this oncoming whey shortage.

----------------

Dear Carl, (<--my production manager)

Greetings from XXXXXXXX NutraXXXXXX (Asia) XXX Ltd.

I'm looking for a good manufacturer to formulate a whey blend for me. May I know if you do custom blends and private labelling?

I will require XXXXXXXXXX bottles of this protein. Flavors are Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla (All flavors to replicate XXXXXXXX Protein taste profiles).
Dante: "replicate XXXXXXXX" is a very HUGE KNOWN company in the states and I SURE AS HELL AM NOT GOING TO GET MYSELF INTO BIGTIME TROUBLE NAMING THEM as this manufacturer obviously is short on being able to fullfill their order and needs me to supply the rest

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Cheers

XXXXXXXX
Manager – Sales & Marketing
XXXXXXXX NutraXXXXXXXX (Asia) XXX Ltd
M: XXXXXXXX / F: +xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Office:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----------------

Last edited:
LMAO!!! Same here!! :D

Yeah, I always felt like that mercury danger was way overblown. If you do the math on how much mercury guys like us take in our risks of problems would be sky high. Ive never heard of anyone getting mercury poison from eating too much fish/or tuna in particular.

I used to average about 5-6 cans per day at times.

Yeah, I always felt like that mercury danger was way overblown. If you do the math on how much mercury guys like us take in our risks of problems would be sky high. Ive never heard of anyone getting mercury poison from eating too much fish/or tuna in particular.

I used to average about 5-6 cans per day at times.

I am curious; how many people have actually had their doctor test for mercury levels? I agree that things have been overhyped; but at the same time theres no way to tell to what extent peoples lives have been effected from mercury when it is so rarely tested.

I am curious; how many people have actually had their doctor test for mercury levels? I agree that things have been overhyped; but at the same time theres no way to tell to what extent peoples lives have been effected from mercury when it is so rarely tested.

I know someone who developed a skin rash after relying on tuna right from the can as a staple for a year or two.

This is true. It would be interesting to see. I just know that i never have suffered any noiticable sides from it. I dont eat any now though since im not really that worried about diet now.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws