over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honestly, there is a secret to growth

i used to train this way when i had a partner and it was the strongest i ever been.
man, this thread is motivating me to have a workout partner again...
-JS

Lets go bro!!!!!
My training partner is a powerlifter so he only trains 3x's a week. :D

For those that know something of Phil's Philosophy-he's not a fan of high volume.
There is a Muscular Development Issue out there summer 1995 I think that has Phil on the cover huge ripped and veiny wearing a powerhouse gym hat.
It featured a training article by him in it and I started training as he instructed in the article each bodypart 3 times a week each bodypart got hit with three intense sets -so over a given week that muscle was getting hit three times-brief intense work outs-I gained about 18 lbs that summer already above 265 I ended up around 283-285. Biggest and strongest I had been and one of the most intense systesm I had used prior to DC training.
I'd probably switch back and forth between the two if I was at 100%.

I also was a big Jones Mentzer disciple when I started serious training back @ 18 and put on a good 15 lbs training with the negative reps.
Had a group of 4 of us and we absolutely killed the muscle with heavy negatives. I gained mass and strength at an accelerated rate with low sets and negatives. We did only hit the negatives twice per body part over a month as the Weider principles dictated, so fortunately we didn't OT that bad.

Nice

For those that know something of Phil's Philosophy-he's not a fan of high volume.
There is a Muscular Development Issue out there summer 1995 I think that has Phil on the cover huge ripped and veiny wearing a powerhouse gym hat.
It featured a training article by him in it and I started training as he instructed in the article each bodypart 3 times a week each bodypart got hit with three intense sets -so over a given week that muscle was getting hit three times-brief intense work outs-I gained about 18 lbs that summer already above 265 I ended up around 283-285. Biggest and strongest I had been and one of the most intense systesm I had used prior to DC training.
I'd probably switch back and forth between the two if I was at 100%.

I also was a big Jones Mentzer disciple when I started serious training back @ 18 and put on a good 15 lbs training with the negative reps.
Had a group of 4 of us and we absolutely killed the muscle with heavy negatives. I gained mass and strength at an accelerated rate with low sets and negatives. We didonly hit the negatives twice per body part over a month as the Weider principles dictated, so fortunately we didn't OT that bad.

Massive, GREAT product you made at TRUEPROTEIN.COM cant wait to try it!

Do you stick with the same weight each set on the last 1 or 2 exercises until you hit say 10 reps on all 4 sets if thats the rep range your shooting for?

Yes.

This is an EXCELLENT thread. Thanks Phil for starting this. Gotta be a sticky. Pax.

Warren

Gonna have to try this out!

I'd probably switch back and forth between the two if I was at 100%.( Unquote)

But his training system has evolved since then , but the basic is the same - I think.

phil

how would one know how they're progressing? would the person pressing on the bar not be exerting a different amount of pressure each time? i would think it would be impossible to track progress... sure, you'd get stronger and move up in weight, but what happens if you stop progressing? is it because your partner pushed a little harder on the bar than he did last time? or....

how would one see their progression when doing this?

I am SOOOO sore today......A deep soreness that I havent had in years.

You bros have to try this!!!

I am SOOOO sore today......A deep soreness that I havent had in years.

You bros have to try this!!!

But but soreness is not my goal.
Do you feel that soreness is an indicator for strength/size gains ?

I've always trained with a partner (the same one for years) so this was something I couldn’t wait to try out. We tried it last night we worked back/arms. I had my partner push on the negative while doing rows, curls, and tri extensions. It was fun listening to him grunt and huff while trying to push against me doing the rows... He's pretty stout and on one of the hammer row machines I had to put my full bodyweight on it to control his negative. Reps per set went down CONSIDERABLY! It'll wear you down quick, especially using your normal working weight. Pump was almost instant.

A great change up, something I've needed for a while. I woke up this morning sore as hell, a feeling I haven't had in a while and I DO BELIEVE that if you wake up sore it means you've done something right the day before as long as it’s the proper sore not anything out of the ordinary of course.

I suggest that you try this on machines before you attempt it on free weights, you may be surprised on how much force you have to apply to your partners negative. With a machine it’ll be a bit safer.

But but soreness is not my goal.
Do you feel that soreness is an indicator for strength/size gains ?

Not always....but its a sign that different fibers got some stimulis....Plus a shock to the system helps break plateaus IMO.

Interesting tips. I'll have to give this a whirl next time I can grab a partner.

Tried it tonight for chest and biceps-pretty tough, will see how I feel tomorrow.

Phil or Emeric, is this something you would recommend applying to a DC style rest pause set?

Well

Phil or Emeric, is this something you would recommend applying to a DC style rest pause set?

I would ask Dante...Dante and I talked about this @ 18 years ago when he was training his clients and I was training this way......sort of meshing it together.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear