over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are these good lifts or just average

bain1

Registered
I try to use free weight as often as possible but because of my kness I have to squat on the smith machine. Recently I have squatted 550 x 5 and 405 x 25. I'm going to parrellel I just think the lifts would be more impressive with free weight. BTW, I weigh about 225 and am 5'10"

They sound great to me

You are damn strong, smith machine or not. I'm sure there are guys on this site that can lift with you, (there are some elite dudes here) but compared to the average go to the gym weightlifter, I never see guys do that. I know I don't and people think Im strong.

I try to use free weight as often as possible but because of my kness I have to squat on the smith machine. Recently I have squatted 550 x 5 and 405 x 25. I'm going to parrellel I just think the lifts would be more impressive with free weight. BTW, I weigh about 225 and am 5'10"

have you tried hacks??

Trust me, there is a big difference between a smith machine and free weight. Usually what ever you can do on a smith machine, subtract 75-100lbs from it, and you will have your free weight total. With free weight you have to concentrate on balance, form, and technique. With the smith machine you just worry about getting the weight up and down and you don't use the same muscles that you would with free weights. It is still an impressive number.

Trust me, there is a big difference between a smith machine and free weight. Usually what ever you can do on a smith machine, subtract 75-100lbs from it, and you will have your free weight total. With free weight you have to concentrate on balance, form, and technique. With the smith machine you just worry about getting the weight up and down and you don't use the same muscles that you would with free weights. It is still an impressive number.

Exactly. Also, many people seem to think they're hitting parallel and are not close to it. I see so many people in the gym on a daily basis that swear they're hitting depth but would be red lighted at even the most lenient of meets.

You need to go below parallel. Try getting knee sleeves from elitefts. They help

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep you posted when I hit 600

Thats pretty dang good man, keep it up.

I did legs today. My knees were so sore I couldn't squat or do anything heavy. I did single leg leg presses, legs curls, hammer strenth leg curls, leg extensiona, adductors, and calves. I feltlike it was a shitty wortkout.
Any suggestions for a supplement that will help with knee and joint pain(other than Deca).

I did legs today. My knees were so sore I couldn't squat or do anything heavy. I did single leg leg presses, legs curls, hammer strenth leg curls, leg extensiona, adductors, and calves. I feltlike it was a shitty wortkout.
Any suggestions for a supplement that will help with knee and joint pain(other than Deca).

I would do several sets of leg extentions to warm up prior to any heavy pressing. Get them good and warm and use knee sleeves at least on your heavy sets if not throughout the entire leg workout.

As far as pain, anti-inflammatory meds to some extent will help. There are other viable options as well such as aflutop.

I would do several sets of leg extentions to warm up prior to any heavy pressing. Get them good and warm and use knee sleeves at least on your heavy sets if not throughout the entire leg workout.

As far as pain, anti-inflammatory meds to some extent will help. There are other viable options as well such as aflutop.

I do a 20minute brisk walk on the tredmill and also wrapmy knees. Maybe I'll try some Ibuprofren as an antiinflammatory and see how that works.

Still impressive m8, my squat is 207kg x 4, deadlift 265kg x 3 and bench 165kg x1- trying to bring the all up but then aren't we all lol
My weight is down to 97kg now as I'm dieting so not to bad I think

your knees hurt when you squat even on the smith machine? how is your foot placement? are you making sure you are breaking at the hips and kick back? Normally I know the smith machine puts more emphasis on the quads because it restricts you from kicking back

I know for myself smith squats are a bad idea. I have squated some faitly decent numbers and I just hate smiths. They force my body to work in an
unnatural way. It is almost as if muscle groups that move in harmony with a barbell fight each other in a smith machine. They hurt my knees hips ect.
Maybe because I have a 30yr old squat groove who knows.
I can tell you this though if you barbell squat 405 x 25 deep you will
squat a hell of a lot more than 550x5. No substitute for raw iron.
I am sure you have develped some nice strength on the smith but i would
bet even if you had no knee issues your groove would be all fucked up barbell squatting. Of course why should you care? you are not a powerlifter(if you were you would be working out the knee problem) so have fun getting strong on smiths- just know it will not translate into a big barbell squat.

What kind on knee problems do you have exactly? If you have never free squatted you probably will have problems with 350lbs at a real depth. There are many back muscles etc that are worked in a real squat. Also there are mechanical advantages and ways to cheat with a Smith Machine. I have seen very few people who cannot do squats. Most people don't do them because they are so difficult. In some cases athletes CNS is so taxed after a meet they are not recovered for 2-3 weeks. Try some light 20rep ass to grass squats and slowly work into it. You may find your knee function improve. How is your hamstring strength? Some knee pain is from weak hammies. All strength training should include some corrective training to correct muscular imbalances.

Last edited:
What kind on knee problems do you have exactly? If you have never free squatted you probably will have problems with 350lbs at a real depth. There are many back muscles etc that are worked in a real squat. Also there are mechanical advantages and ways to cheat with a Smith Machine. I have seen very few people who cannot do squats. Most people don't do them because they are so difficult. In some cases athletes CNS is so taxed after a meet they are not recovered for 2-3 weeks. Try some light 20rep ass to grass squats and slowly work into it. You may find your knee function improve. How is your hamstring strength? Some knee pain is from weak hammies. All strength training should include some corrective training to correct muscular imbalances.

HUH! I found your comment on increasing hammie strength interesting...have recently been squating heavy (500 plus, when I usually stay in low/middle 400 for reps) and knees are slightly angry about it...not enough to keep me from squating again, but angry non the less...I think I will add additional hammy stuff and keep you posted...thanks

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws