over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me answer this Class discussion...

eroc613

Kilo Klub Member
Hey guys I have Anatomy phsiology class and have a discussion question I have to answer about the use of High school steriod use.

I know some of things I want to say, but from some of the classmates posts that I have already read it's hard not to say what I really think. I have my post planned out, but thought it would be cool hear some of your responses to the question.

Here it is:

Athletes try to increase muscle mass in many ways to improve performance. If you were a high school coach, what would you tell your athletes if you found steroids in the locker room? What would you tell them if you found creatine? Explain your answers. Start a new thread in which you state and defend your position on the subject; then read the comments made by all your fellow students and respond to at least two of your classmates.

Well...

I guess I would have to tell them that I confiscated the "supplements" in question due to the legality of it and that I would responsibly dispose of them!:D

Seriously, I am damn glad to be out of college when I hear questions like this. I guess I would go with the ethical thing to do and that is education on the stuff, etc. etc.

Well...

I guess I would have to tell them that I confiscated the "supplements" in question due to the legality of it and that I would responsibly dispose of them!:D

Seriously, I am damn glad to be out of college when I hear questions like this. I guess I would go with the ethical thing to do and that is education on the stuff, etc. etc.

I like that response.:D

bleh its a question that begs political correctness or a lynch mob.

a college level anatomy/physiology class has time for this? What college?

Yep, that's a loaded question. It's also sociology/psychology. Not Anatomy. Strange question.

The answer they want is that they should both be frowned upon because they are both performance enhancers and creatine is a "gateway drug" to other performance enhancers. Because every kid is an idiot and incapable of making a choice, so the authorities must protect him. (At high-school age, I agree in a way) Oh yeah, and that you should call all the parents of your team members to cover your ass for liability reasons.

Then...you'd call Hazmat and the Police to cordon off the scene and employ the techniques we alll see on CSI to catch the dirty thug who deals the evil juice, and who is probably also a really bad person...with muscles...He will die in a hail of bullets when his roid-rage gets the best of him in a fight with the cops.

What I'd really do/say to HIGH SCHOOL students: (I'm a college Professor and a former Coach BTW)

1)Praise the creatine as a responsible, legal choice used in moderation and reinforce the fact that some supplements can be beneficial over time but that most are waste of money and pose a health threat with no benefit.

Reinforcing a positive choice about Creatine gives credit to those athletes making a responsible choice and doesn't make me look like a absolutist (gives me "street cred").

2)Decry the downside of Steroids, from a legal and health perspective. Tell them about Testes shrinkage and natural test levels at that age. High School kids respond to bad things about their junk. Tell them that if it's found out, they are off the team for good. (The one kid who mentions HcG and Clomid...you know who you direct your attention to).

3) Call all the parents making sure not to accuse their son in any way. Just making them aware that they should talk to their kid. Most won't, but it covers your ass.

Last edited:
The first couple of paragraphs of the post above mine had me cracking up.

What Is Baseball Cap Camera?BeSpy.be , Pimall.com Helped To Know

Here is my situation

Finally, I bought one gps tracking device for me from a good site and this is for vehicle tracking.I can say this gadget is really good.

I would buy one gps tracking for personal use, I believe it will help me to manage things beautifully.

Car GPS Tracking

Apart from this there is a software which is used to spy laptop means if your kid is using laptop , you can know which site he is visiting.

good day to all of you!!

Yep, that's a loaded question. It's also sociology/psychology. Not Anatomy. Strange question.

The answer they want is that they should both be frowned upon because they are both performance enhancers and creatine is a "gateway drug" to other performance enhancers. Because every kid is an idiot and incapable of making a choice, so the authorities must protect him. (At high-school age, I agree in a way) Oh yeah, and that you should call all the parents of your team members to cover your ass for liability reasons.

Then...you'd call Hazmat and the Police to cordon off the scene and employ the techniques we alll see on CSI to catch the dirty thug who deals the evil juice, and who is probably also a really bad person...with muscles...He will die in a hail of bullets when his roid-rage gets the best of him in a fight with the cops.

What I'd really do/say to HIGH SCHOOL students: (I'm a college Professor and a former Coach BTW)

1)Praise the creatine as a responsible, legal choice used in moderation and reinforce the fact that some supplements can be beneficial over time but that most are waste of money and pose a health threat with no benefit.

Reinforcing a positive choice about Creatine gives credit to those athletes making a responsible choice and doesn't make me look like a absolutist (gives me "street cred").

2)Decry the downside of Steroids, from a legal and health perspective. Tell them about Testes shrinkage and natural test levels at that age. High School kids respond to bad things about their junk. Tell them that if it's found out, they are off the team for good. (The one kid who mentions HcG and Clomid...you know who you direct your attention to).

3) Call all the parents making sure not to accuse their son in any way. Just making them aware that they should talk to their kid. Most won't, but it covers your ass.

Excellent response/post.

I would analogize it with finding a pack of cigarettes in my kid's locker to finding a bag of weed in my kid's locker. One is not legal and should be confiscated and the other would more or less be left alone as it is not illegal. That is probably the way most HS coaches would look at it.

same here...

Well...

That was my first thought... what? I'm wondering if the Prof has some serious agenda/issue with AAS and/or supp's... tread carefully, as someone already said, it is a bit of a loaded question that will have to require a lot of "PC" statements... annoying

Agreed, couldn't say it any better. Just copy/paste this and you'll do fine:D

I agree about this discussion not belonging in this class. But it's the chapter's dealing with muscles, and there's an insert about steriod use in atheletes. I was dreading this topic, because of the igonrance on the subject.
Funny a couple of weeks ago one of the class questions was about useing glucosamine for elderly people. And there was post after post about how expensive it would be, and they should just ask their doctor for medication that's covered under Medicare.
Until..... I posted how it breaks down to 10 cents a serving or less than $10.00 a month. Then every post after mine suggested it would be a good idea.
I really laugh how people try to seem educated useing other peoples thoughts.

Pretty much tell them what roids can do at such a young age... but i dont see a problem with creatine.

I am in no way promoting steroid use in kids, I just want to say that first...

I remember a guy that was 2 years older than me, when he was a senior he was huge, and used steroids, etc. Awesome football player, awesome wrestler, etc.

He ended up playing football for Ohio State, full-ride and is now a doctor!

He did what he did and look where he is now. Would he be there if he had played by the rules?

My vote is no.

Once again, I don't condone the use in high school or young kids at all, but, I think many athletes owe a lot of success to it, right or wrong.

I remember a guy that was 2 years older than me, when he was a senior he was huge, and used steroids, etc. Awesome football player, awesome wrestler, etc.

He did what he did and look where he is now. Would he be there if he had played by the rules?

My vote is no.

Once again, I don't condone the use in high school or young kids at all, but, I think many athletes owe a lot of success to it, right or wrong.

I completely agree.

My vote is no.

That's how I think. But even here in this forum I'm sure people will disagree.
I know a few guys that started very early, in a different sport, and now one is retired in his late 20's, a multi-millionaire. I think a deal with his problems.:D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws