over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone get sick right after a show?

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've had the most brutal head cold since getting back from Jr Nationals last weekend.

Symptoms:
- sore throat, coughing up phlegm often
- ear pressure (like an ear infection)
- runny nose and "crusty" nose (lots of crap in there)
- red, crusty eyes (again, lots of crap... especially in my eyelashes. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and I can't open my eyes - they're crusted over - I have to rub them and clean them out before I can open them).

I'm sure it's a combination of things - the stress of dieting, the stress of introducing a lot of calories right after the show, the stress of water rebound after the show, etc.

I've been taking Zyrtec but that doesn't really help... whatever this is, it's very pervasive. I can still eat and train but my head feels like shit. I've got an appointment with a doctor for Monday morning.

Anyone experience anything similar?
How long did it last, and what did you do about it?
I'm sure it will pass... I'm rarely one to complain about stuff like this (I really don't ever get sick) but this shit is pretty bad, and I've had it for about 5 days now.

Shelby- I actually was going to ask you a similar question after my first show this year. I came down with intense flu-like symptoms the following Monday. Head/chest congestion, runny nose, and a horrible body ache. I was in bed for almost two days, and was afraid that I wouldn't even make it on stage for my state show. I waited it out and luckily I was able to breathe/walk/get out of bed again in a couple of days, just in time to carb up for Saturday. I don't have an answer for you, but I just thought I'd share the story. It must have something to do with a depressed immune system due to the long months of training/dieting, not to mention the rebound that happens after. I'm interested to hear what others have to say about this. Good luck Bro.

yES

I've had the most brutal head cold since getting back from Jr Nationals last weekend.

Symptoms:
- sore throat, coughing up phlegm often
- ear pressure (like an ear infection)
- runny nose and "crusty" nose (lots of crap in there)
- red, crusty eyes (again, lots of crap... especially in my eyelashes. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and I can't open my eyes - they're crusted over - I have to rub them and clean them out before I can open them).

I'm sure it's a combination of things - the stress of dieting, the stress of introducing a lot of calories right after the show, the stress of water rebound after the show, etc.

I've been taking Zyrtec but that doesn't really help... whatever this is, it's very pervasive. I can still eat and train but my head feels like shit. I've got an appointment with a doctor for Monday morning.

Anyone experience anything similar?
How long did it last, and what did you do about it?
I'm sure it will pass... I'm rarely one to complain about stuff like this (I really don't ever get sick) but this shit is pretty bad, and I've had it for about 5 days now.

1. Vitamin C 3-4 grams
2. Humanofort 600 mg
3. Eccanacia angustafolia

Sounds like possible allergies, have you ever had an issue with allergies in the past?

Hope the doc appointment goes well on monday so you're 100% again.

Never had it but i have a low back pain all day.
I think is for the weight i putted back so fast! Some one in same boat?

Hope you recover fast bro!

Neved had it but i have a low back pain all day.
I think is for the weight i putted back so fast! Some one in same boat?

Hope you recover fast bro!

yes

pancreatitis twice after shows....gaining too much too fast

:(

Hope you feel better..

So your still training ey? Thats pretty hardcore! I'm such a vagina I won't even get out of bed till I feel better. My guess is you Probably got sick on the plane ride there. I normally don't get sick other than stomach cramps from all the food I eat!

I thought it was muscular.
What have you done? It get worst after I eat.. :(

took me 3 weeks to feel better

go easy on the carbs and salt

slowly bring it back

you'll be alright

:)

Right after the show, my body felt like the sun was touching my skin. I was so drained, on fire, and lying down was tough. Throat hurt from all the carbs and little water. I laid in the hotel in the fetus position:( Trying to get my body to chill out. But, felt a ton better come the morning after a long cool shower!

Putting the fluid and nutrients back into me was just a bit too much that evening, but my body bounced back pretty good the next day except I could not get my muscles to stop contracting, like a total body pump from all the glycogen and water back in my system in full activation Hey, I like the pump, but not that much;):)

Combination of rebound and depressed immune system. Last I competed this happened to me too. I am convinced that humanofort did a lot to help out so try that.

Thanks guys. This was my 11th show, first time this happened though. I'm taking vit.C and echinacea, will look into Humanfort too depending on how the doc. appt. Monday morning goes.

Thanks guys. This was my 11th show, first time this happened though. I'm taking vit.C and echinacea, will look into Humanfort too depending on how the doc. appt. Monday morning goes.

They'll probably give you a bag or 2 of saline. I snap right outta the post contest "sickness" After that.

But you know as well as I , your immune system is weakest when dieted down to a very low bodyfat percentage.

Good luck and tell the doc everything!!!! Within reason of course....

Good luck and tell the doc everything!!!! Within reason of course....

I will never reveal the Wu-Tang secrets...

The red crusty eyes sounds like pink eye.

I have been away from the board for a week.

Are you feeling better, Shelby?

The red crusty eyes sounds like pink eye.

you can get conjunctivitis as a sympton of a respitory illness...it blows. I had it not too long ago. Wiping pus out of my eye was disgusting.

Hope you feel better soon Shelby

Well, get better soon, man!

not yet, hopefully soon

i think it's a sinus infection possibly

Maybe rest up some? lol. ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members