over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP Overheating... Myth?

DrivingForward

Registered
I thought I would share this story as it may raise a few eyebrows:

As some of you may have read, in the last 6 month I have experimented 4 times with DNP cycles of various lengths and doseages. DNP is highly effective at fatloss, sometimes unpleasant, and always alittle sweaty.

Note-- I would not have attepted the following without a close friend nearby to monitor the situation (and a cold plunge waiting about 25ft away).

A business client came to meet my partner and I in sunny Miami Beach. Like many Europeans, this particular gentleman liked to have business discussions while lounging in a Sauna (many Americans may be unfamiliar, but this is a common practice in Scandinavian and Eastern European countries). Unfortunately I was on day 5 of a 10 day DNP cycle consisting of 400mg per day. Not wanting to miss this meeting, I made sure to tell my partner to monitor me for signs of heat exhaustion, incoherent speech, or sleepiness.

Results:

I sweat ALOT in the sauna (you always sweat alot on DNP), it flowed out of me like there was no tommorrow. I was apprehensive, as I was definitely shrugging conventional wisdom regarding hot climates and DNP. Every 15 minutes, I left the suana and jumped into the spa's "cold plunge" (which is a small pool of "ice water" kept at about 41 degrees). The heat is gone instantly and you can resume lounging in the sauna. After an hour of this, I felt better than I have EVER felt after a spa visit. Never did I feel in danger or hotter than usual in the sauna (actually cooler because my body had an easier time sweating).

So what does this all mean?

I can make the assertion that in 4 uses of DNP (sometimes up to 700mg per day) I have never surpassed 100 degrees of body temperature (in Florida, in the spring/summer). I'm uncertain where the stories of 104-105 degrees have come from, while I certainly feel that hot (wow is 800mg unpleasantly inferno like), I never reach that temp.

While DNP makes you "feel" hot, body temperature actually drops by about 1/2 a degree (when everywhere except the sauna) because your body adapts by sweating and exhaling the heat via increased rate of breathing.

Getting to the point: DNP is a very misunderstood drug, but not as dangerous as reputed.

I've never used DNP because I can attain my goals with other methods. That being said what you are saying does not make sense. Body temp actually dropping a half a degree seems to contradict everything I have read about it.

Can anyone else confirm this.

no they can't because its inaccurate and irresponsible information

Well if you did a bit of digging through the history of DNP you would find well documented evidence of internal organs almost literall being cooked from the inside. YES DNP IS DANGEROUS. Ask Phidias here about friends he has lost through DNP use!!! Sure it might be a great fatloss drug if used in a more responsible manner, but it is still unpredicatable and a poison. It is handled in manufacturing very carefully these days and shipped with a dangerous goods notification and special couriers in this country. I am in no way an alarmist but to say it is not DANGEROUS is a bit irresponsible. I am pleased you had great results from this and that you have had no ill side effects. But it CAN KILL YOU if your dose is too high and used for too long. Please keep this in mind when you address a board full of inexperienced people looking for the mabic bullet! DNP just might be the magic bullet that puts you 6 feet under! Just be safe!:)

Well if you did a bit of digging through the history of DNP you would find well documented evidence of internal organs almost literall being cooked from the inside. YES DNP IS DANGEROUS. Ask Phidias here about friends he has lost through DNP use!!! Sure it might be a great fatloss drug if used in a more responsible manner, but it is still unpredicatable and a poison. It is handled in manufacturing very carefully these days and shipped with a dangerous goods notification and special couriers in this country. I am in no way an alarmist but to say it is not DANGEROUS is a bit irresponsible. I am pleased you had great results from this and that you have had no ill side effects. But it CAN KILL YOU if your dose is too high and used for too long. Please keep this in mind when you address a board full of inexperienced people looking for the mabic bullet! DNP just might be the magic bullet that puts you 6 feet under! Just be safe!:)

thank you bro! just what i wanted to say but did not know how, i never talk about it cause like you said some one may try it and it will be the last thing hi will do!

Gonna have to side with Oldfella here. DNP is dangerous as holy hell. It disrupts oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane. This leads to a huge increase in the consumption of energy without the generation of ATP. Now as we all know when you use energy you produce heat. Where is this heat supposed to go? What are you gonna do with this heat? If the dose is too big you'll end up raising your body temperature so high that you cook yourself from the inside out. The brain and organs can only withstand but so much of a temperature increase until the proteins finally denature and you're reduced to a cooked mess. DNP can certainly kill alter metabolism in the long run as well if not used correctly. It can be used correctly, but the person needs to be EXTREMELY careful. I never support the use of it because of the dangers. We literally spent an entire week on just DNP in my biochemistry class. It's that serious. It's imo the most dangerous drug out there.

I've never used DNP because I can attain my goals with other methods. That being said what you are saying does not make sense. Body temp actually dropping a half a degree seems to contradict everything I have read about it.

Can anyone else confirm this.

I think if you look for other posts on DNP, several others have made similar assertions. While there are many stories floating around the internet, I believe they are probably based on some medical literature from the 1930's reporting ill effects, death from overheating, and rapid onset of rigormortis. I think that this was very few in number (But to validate your point, I'd hate to be one of those "few people"!)

OldFella -- You're always a very reasonable and thoughtful guy. It is hard for me to argue with your even tempered advice or w/ Phidias's vast experience and proven results. However, I was really targetting the post at more advanced readers and hoping they would think outside the box alittle. An open mind goes a very long way in bodybuilding!

DNP is unpleasant. I'm not certain how dangerous it is when used properly, although it is my honest belief that it is significantly less dangerous than reputed.

That being said: Magic bullet it is NOT. While it has the fatloss properties of a magic product, if middle America could trouble itself to watch it's diet, body temp, electrolyte levels, anti-oxidant intake, and general diet (during DNP usage)-- it wouldn't have a weight problem in the first place.

Gonna have to side with Oldfella here. DNP is dangerous as holy hell. It disrupts oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane. This leads to a huge increase in the consumption of energy without the generation of ATP. Now as we all know when you use energy you produce heat. Where is this heat supposed to go? What are you gonna do with this heat? If the dose is too big you'll end up raising your body temperature so high that you cook yourself from the inside out. The brain and organs can only withstand but so much of a temperature increase until the proteins finally denature and you're reduced to a cooked mess. DNP can certainly kill alter metabolism in the long run as well if not used correctly. It can be used correctly, but the person needs to be EXTREMELY careful. I never support the use of it because of the dangers. We literally spent an entire week on just DNP in my biochemistry class. It's that serious. It's imo the most dangerous drug out there.

An academic class covering DNP? That would be fascinating to attend!

In answer to your question "What are you going to do with this heat?" -- just as the body would handle heat from heavy exercise or hot climates!

Your rate of perspiration increases significantly while using DNP. Additionally, your resting rate of respiration is increased as well. Both mechanisms allow for the venting of heat from the body.

Last edited:
I thought I would share this story as it may raise a few eyebrows:

As some of you may have read, in the last 6 month I have experimented 4 times with DNP cycles of various lengths and doseages. DNP is highly effective at fatloss, sometimes unpleasant, and always alittle sweaty.

Note-- I would not have attepted the following without a close friend nearby to monitor the situation (and a cold plunge waiting about 25ft away).

A business client came to meet my partner and I in sunny Miami Beach. Like many Europeans, this particular gentleman liked to have business discussions while lounging in a Sauna (many Americans may be unfamiliar, but this is a common practice in Scandinavian and Eastern European countries). Unfortunately I was on day 5 of a 10 day DNP cycle consisting of 400mg per day. Not wanting to miss this meeting, I made sure to tell my partner to monitor me for signs of heat exhaustion, incoherent speech, or sleepiness.

Results:

I sweat ALOT in the sauna (you always sweat alot on DNP), it flowed out of me like there was no tommorrow. I was apprehensive, as I was definitely shrugging conventional wisdom regarding hot climates and DNP. Every 15 minutes, I left the suana and jumped into the spa's "cold plunge" (which is a small pool of "ice water" kept at about 41 degrees). The heat is gone instantly and you can resume lounging in the sauna. After an hour of this, I felt better than I have EVER felt after a spa visit. Never did I feel in danger or hotter than usual in the sauna (actually cooler because my body had an easier time sweating).

So what does this all mean?

I can make the assertion that in 4 uses of DNP (sometimes up to 700mg per day) I have never surpassed 100 degrees of body temperature (in Florida, in the spring/summer). I'm uncertain where the stories of 104-105 degrees have come from, while I certainly feel that hot (wow is 800mg unpleasantly inferno like), I never reach that temp.

While DNP makes you "feel" hot, body temperature actually drops by about 1/2 a degree (when everywhere except the sauna) because your body adapts by sweating and exhaling the heat via increased rate of breathing.

Getting to the point: DNP is a very misunderstood drug, but not as dangerous as reputed.

I really don't want to get in a debate about this , but your playing a risky game thinking at 700mg going into a sauna is safe and minimizing the heat affects and impact dnp can have at those dosages. If anything I find the opposite true. At 600mg I have know at least a dozen personal freinds who could not tolerate that dose for more than a few days and took ice baths and slept with the windows open in the middle of the winter and temp was about 102 all the time. I know one person who was taking 600mg daily and accidentally took 800 and temp went to 104 for 16 hrs and they sat in ice bath most of that time paranoid they were going to die.

That's quite true. The heat will be dissipated through the use of sweating and evaporation of the sweat, and also more respiration. My only real argument with that is that once the heat ranges out of normal ranges from training and/or the external heat raising the body temperature, the heat will need to go somewhere. The body wouldn't be able to keep up with the increased amount of heat produced past a certain level and wouldn't be able to release the heat through the sweating and respiration pathways quickly enough, therefore it would back up causing the person to overheat quite quickly. That combined with the excessive dehydration from the sweating already (and probably not taking in enough fluids) would lead to the heat overload as well.

Just another way to look at it. Not saying you're wrong in the least (because you are correct in the fact that those two pathways will lead to the dissipation of the heat), but rather looking at it from a different way once the DNP has become too high for the body to really handle effectively. I definitely see where you're coming from and respect your opinion :)

I think if you look for other posts on DNP, several others have made similar assertions. While there are many stories floating around the internet, I believe they are probably based on some medical literature from the 1930's reporting ill effects, death from overheating, and rapid onset of rigormortis. I think that this was very few in number (But to validate your point, I'd hate to be one of those "few people"!)

OldFella -- You're always a very reasonable and thoughtful guy. It is hard for me to argue with your even tempered advice or w/ Phidias's vast experience and proven results. However, I was really targetting the post at more advanced readers and hoping they would think outside the box alittle. An open mind goes a very long way in bodybuilding!
DNP is unpleasant. I'm not certain how dangerous it is when used properly, although it is my honest belief that it is significantly less dangerous than reputed.

That being said: Magic bullet it is NOT. While it has the fatloss properties of a magic product, if middle America could trouble itself to watch it's diet, body temp, electrolyte levels, anti-oxidant intake, and general diet (during DNP usage)-- it wouldn't have a weight problem in the first place.
LOL, I try to be respectful even in debate! HAHAHA. I suppose one thing to keep in mind is that some DNP products out there may contain a watered down version of real DNP. The DNP I know is sold in dry powder and not in caps. You then have to make these caps up yourself. Fine if you have all the right equipment. Unpleasant is an understatement if using the real McCoy. Had some gel caps once and put DNP in them..........It melted the gel caps almost instantly. This stuff is not to be taken lightly. I know that you were aiming at the more advanced guys here, but keep in mind that we have a ton of younger less experienced guys who are willing to take foolish risks if they think it is a shortcut or the next big secret!! And I whole heartedly agree, Body Building is about thinking and working outside the cube. Ask Phil, this is his PHILosophy about the sport!! Cheers bro and stay safe!

just curious if every one knows dnp is a pesticide that kills bugs by frying them from the inside out. just asking cause by some statements it seems like no one remembers that dnp is a poison! dnp has a few very attractive properties; [or so it is believed] but the risks far out weigh the benefits!

Uuuhh did not know that!! Sounds about as logical as guzzling a bottle of draino! My recomendation would be to stop eating shit and do some cardio which is actually good for you.

So who was the genius that first thought of ingesting pesticide to drop a couple of pounds. I think meth and coke will make you lose some pounds for about the same price if you don't care about your health.

So who was the genius that first thought of ingesting pesticide to drop a couple of pounds. I think meth and coke will make you lose some pounds for about the same price if you don't care about your health.

Whatever. At 200 mg I had barely any heat and my blood work was perfection. If you don't want to take it fine, but it is a great tool for people that use it in small doses.

Why don't you go do that meth.

Whatever. At 200 mg I had barely any heat and my blood work was perfection. If you don't want to take it fine, but it is a great tool for people that use it in small doses.

Why don't you go do that meth.

if you use it it's your choice; but don't ignore the fact that this is a very dangerous substance, and it is irresponsible to say any thing that would encourage others to use it. some one can die if they use it based on what one says! jmo

just curious if every one knows dnp is a pesticide that kills bugs by frying them from the inside out. just asking cause by some statements it seems like no one remembers that dnp is a poison! dnp has a few very attractive properties; [or so it is believed] but the risks far out weigh the benefits!

i actually remember some studies conciliator posted up a while back showing an increase in lifespan after using dnp, something about strengthening the mitochondria of each cell or something to that extent. So with that being true, with proper use dnp can be a beneficial drug opposed to a dangerous one. Ive had no personal experience with dnp though, as the 3 times ive attempted to order it, the sponsors fell through by running out of stock right as i ordered and replaced with something else.

if you use it it's your choice; but don't ignore the fact that this is a very dangerous substance, and it is irresponsible to say any thing that would encourage others to use it. some one can die if they use it based on what one says! jmo

How is posting my true experience irresponsible? Its out there for people to make their own choice. I'm not offering encouragement for anyone to do anything other than think for themselves.

Then no one should post about do high dose cycles for long periods, or clen with arythmias. Good grief.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131