over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Time to get ready for show?

Emery

Kilo Klub Member
I have an oppurtunity for a small show on Sept. 25th.

I am currently 5-9, 228lbs and sitting around 20 percent BF.

Do you guys think I have any chance of being ready for a show by Sept. 25th.

Honest opinions please. This would be my first show.

Thanks

Don't know. Post a pic. Saying you are 20% BF doesn't mean anything. Judges don't use calipers. They just look at you.

Don't know. Post a pic. Saying you are 20% BF doesn't mean anything. Judges don't use calipers. They just look at you.

Yeah, I know. I will try to get one posted. I could be much higher bodyfat I guess, in fact, I probably am.

Point taken. I will try to get some decent pics posted up!

yes

you could

:cool:

Thanks Tenny!

You are an inspiration to me bro!

I figure if I can make it through the Marines, college while raising 4 kids and still find gym time, I can do this!

I am gonna go for it. I am going to look at some good diets on here and give it a go. I am pumped. I had totally forgotten about doing this show until the promoter emailed me today!

I gotta do it. If anything, it wil be a learning experience!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated from the guys on here that have competed before!

Get those pics up and we can give more concrete diet advice.
I do encourage people to do shows if they take bodybuilding seriously. Once you do the deal; the diet, training, posing practice, dehydration, tanning, not to mention the total disruption of any semblance of a personal or social life, etc... then it finally happens. You line up with your group and walk out there in front of a panel of judges, your peers, and a theater/auditorium full of spectators wearing a postage stamp... your perspective on the sport will be drastically and permanently changed.

I dont need to see pics to tell you doing a first show would be a great experience for you. It will force you to get in the best shape of your life and you will definitely be happy at how impressive being in contest shape is. Even if your placement might not be excellent, it is a test of character and something i recommend to most people who have trained for awhile and love bb.

I dont need to see pics to tell you doing a first show would be a great experience for you. It will force you to get in the best shape of your life and you will definitely be happy at how impressive being in contest shape is. Even if your placement might not be excellent, it is a test of character and something i recommend to most people who have trained for awhile and love bb.
I agree, but someone can be really bummed out if they go to their first show not as ready as they could be. It can turn people off from competing. I recommend starting prep right away. Meanwhile, make it a priority to go to a show in person as a spectator ASAP. Be sure to see the AM prejudging. It will give you a better idea of where you need to be, and give you some motivation.

I agree, but someone can be really bummed out if they go to their first show not as ready as they could be. It can turn people off from competing. I recommend starting prep right away. Meanwhile, make it a priority to go to a show in person as a spectator ASAP. Be sure to see the AM prejudging. It will give you a better idea of where you need to be, and give you some motivation.

good points! First time I went to a show, there were some people who didnt look very impressive at all while others were very good, so it gave me confidence to do my own thing and go through with the contest prep.

diet...

I have searched on here for a decent contest prep diet. Can any of you point me in that direction?

I will do whatever it takes diet wise, I just need to make sure I am doing what I need to do.

Do I just need to figure out what my maintenance amount of calories is? Do I need to be doing AM and PM cardio?

I am sorry but I am a little clueless. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your responses.

I have searched on here for a decent contest prep diet. Can any of you point me in that direction?

I will do whatever it takes diet wise, I just need to make sure I am doing what I need to do.

Do I just need to figure out what my maintenance amount of calories is? Do I need to be doing AM and PM cardio?

I am sorry but I am a little clueless. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your responses.

The best advice i can tell you is hire a professional, someone who is known for bringing contest winners. You dont want to do this by yourself. Some are not that expensive if you shop around and also depending on your demands. for instance, I take care of my own training. My trainer only tells me what to eat and whether to increase or decrease cardio. He also outlines my contest cycle.

Thanks Tenny!

You are an inspiration to me bro!

I figure if I can make it through the Marines, college while raising 4 kids and still find gym time, I can do this!

I am gonna go for it. I am going to look at some good diets on here and give it a go. I am pumped. I had totally forgotten about doing this show until the promoter emailed me today!

I gotta do it. If anything, it wil be a learning experience!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated from the guys on here that have competed before!

thanks man

you need anything along the way...... help, questions, ect.
pm me anytime bro

good luck

:)

thanks man

you need anything along the way...... help, questions, ect.
pm me anytime bro

good luck

:)

Man, thanks Tenny!

That's what sets you apart as a champion IMO. Thanks a million. I've got a lot of research to do. I wish I could hire a trainer but I have kids, house payment, bills, bills, bills, etc.

I am just gonna have to do the research and get my diet as close as I can.

Keep it as simple as possible. I always started out the first few weeks by just cutting out the obvious... desserts, bread and butter, pizza, etc. then dialing down the carbs, upping protein, and getting fats from primarily EFA sources, etc... but I have generally taken 16 weeks for contest prep.

You only have 12ish. That's why we need a pic... to see how strict you need to get and how quickly; to see if you need cardio 2 x a day right away or not. You need to get lean, but we don't want you to waste muscle mass if we can help it.

Take frequent pics of yourelf along the way and keep them for yourself, and record what you do. It will be an invaluable resource when you get ready for your second show. You will have a far better idea how your body reacts. You'll know much more about what works and what doesn't for you... we all respond differently.

If any of you competitive guys out there have a sample diet plan, cardio advice, etc., and could share any info, links, etc., with me I would be very grateful.

I know this sounds like I am asking for free advice but, I have had 2 very sick kids in the last several months with lots of medical bills. I am just trying to accomplish a dream I have had for a long time.

I just don't want to be one of those guys on youtube that doesn't even look like they should be on a beach without a shirt, let alone on a stage.

Thanks to all for any help!

keep things simple

first advice is to hire Phil Hernon.
if you can't do that, second advice, keep things VERY simple.
do some research on here and pick a macro ratio that will allow you to build muscle and lose fat while dieting.
if you do enough research on here you should be able to form a diet and exercise routine then make a post revealing that plan and ask for criticism. many guys on here won't spell it out for you so come up with a plan. we don't want to see anyone fail so more than likely if you post your plan then guys will give you some helpful info on if it will work or not.
in my opinion, you dont have much time. i start diets leaner than 20% and it takes me 14-16 weeks to be show ready.
good luck.
do some research and show us your plan.
-JS

first advice is to hire Phil Hernon.
if you can't do that, second advice, keep things VERY simple.
do some research on here and pick a macro ratio that will allow you to build muscle and lose fat while dieting.
if you do enough research on here you should be able to form a diet and exercise routine then make a post revealing that plan and ask for criticism. many guys on here won't spell it out for you so come up with a plan. we don't want to see anyone fail so more than likely if you post your plan then guys will give you some helpful info on if it will work or not.
in my opinion, you dont have much time. i start diets leaner than 20% and it takes me 14-16 weeks to be show ready.
good luck.
do some research and show us your plan.
-JS

Thanks a bunch Johnny Smiles. I have got a plan going and one of the top guys on here is giving me some advice. I have started a CKD diet and will start with cardio at 45 minutes 4 x's per week at his advice. I know 12 weeks isn't long but this should be one hell of a learning experience.

I really appreciate all of the feedback. I really have a lot of respect for you guys and do pay attention to what you say!

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity