over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

R.I.P. BIG GREG NESBIT

morepain

Registered
If there are any other guys out there form central indiana you probably know greg. Greg was a huge man, i typically walk around at 275lbs and he mnade me look like a twig. Generally 325+ and not fat at around 5'10". He relocated to Tampa Florida a couple of years back and apparently suffered a major heart attack Thursday 6-24-2010. Greg was quite a character and very outgoing, everyone either loved him or hated him it seemed. he and i spent alot of evenings talking one on one about this obsession we share and from those conversations i know he was just like the rest of us...he just loved bodybuilding even though in the end i am sure it contrubuted to an early death. 38 years old...you will be missed my friend.

that is horrible news, I was his roommate in Indianapolis in the later 90's/ early 2000's (time escapes me) before he moved to Florida, have known him since the 6th grade, one of my best friends for many years, Greg was often misunderstood, and taken advantage of by others. If he was your friend, he was your friend, loyal, etc. To me he was one of the best people I knew, although he did have problems and I could see how others may not like him. The absolute largest person I have ever seen in real life, and try living in a small one bedroom apartment with him!

May God have mercy on his soul, he will be missed by many.

exactly...loyal to the end to those of us that really knew him...many nights we would talk about our demons and many times i tried to help him see past some of his, his family has decided that the funeral will be private, family only.

thanks for the info, I pray that he has finally found peace and real happiness.

If there are any other guys out there form central indiana you probably know greg. Greg was a huge man, i typically walk around at 275lbs and he mnade me look like a twig. Generally 325+ and not fat at around 5'10". He relocated to Tampa Florida a couple of years back and apparently suffered a major heart attack Thursday 6-24-2010. Greg was quite a character and very outgoing, everyone either loved him or hated him it seemed. he and i spent alot of evenings talking one on one about this obsession we share and from those conversations i know he was just like the rest of us...he just loved bodybuilding even though in the end i am sure it contrubuted to an early death. 38 years old...you will be missed my friend.

Don't be so sure... I had a friend of my drop dead at 36 one morning, he was athletic, but a runner so no AAS. His heart exploded!

It just happens to a small percentage of people.

Don't be so sure... I had a friend of my drop dead at 36 one morning, he was athletic, but a runner so no AAS. His heart exploded!

One may truly be succeptable to heart attack but walking around at 325lbs + can not be healthy for the heart...wouldn't you agree?

I'm sorry to hear of this in any respect, I hope he finds himself in a better place. God bless.

being 5'10 and 325 can't be easy on anyones heart...let alone what it takes to get there. It may have been genetic...but let's face it...a heart attack at 36 isn't natural causes....he sounds like had some good close friends....may God rest his soul

rip

but jesus, id be happy if i could get to a solid 225 and im 5'11''

May he rest in peace.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends...

Way too young to die. Same age as me. I hate hearing things like this. I know that is a selfish thing to say right now but damn...

Way too young!

Sorry to hear, RIP. My barber who was 35 years old 5-6" 135lbs died of a heartattack driving home, put his E-brake on moved to the side of the Frwy, dialed 911. Police arrived and discovered him dead. So yes it can happen to anyone, but being over 300lbs brings your chances up several folds.

guess we miss the point here.. please lets not turn this into a health thread we are here to say our good byes.. we have enough of those threads in the forum already.. but when weighing 325 we have to take into account the amount of straining he was doing lifting.. m,any people weigh 325 and live to old age.. but most dont train intensely 5 times a week and put the added strain on the heart..

Greg loved lifting, loved to train, and he was a freak, one of those guys you had to see to appreciate. I remember seeing a picture of him with Nasser, both were wearing t shirts and shorts and Greg held his own size wise, now I am sure he was not as conditioned or as aesthetic, but he was a big, strong man. Gregs mind was never far from bodybuilding, he rarely discussed politics, other sports, relationships, etc., he just loved lifting. It is honestly too bad he never competed in any type of competition, strength or bodybuilding, for those that knew him, I think all would agree he could have done well at either one.

guess we miss the point here.. please lets not turn this into a health thread we are here to say our good byes.. we have enough of those threads in the forum already.. but when weighing 325 we have to take into account the amount of straining he was doing lifting.. m,any people weigh 325 and live to old age.. but most dont train intensely 5 times a week and put the added strain on the heart..

Thats the funny thing and i am sure isoc would agree...he loved to train but he never really trained that hard...it swas like he was born to be huge. TO be honest i don;t think he ever took the kind of drug doses i did and he just grew like a weed. I remember working chest with him one day and he was like..."damn man thats ridiculous i never train that hard". The guy would literally start his chest work with flat bench warm up 405 x 25 for a couple of sets and work up to about 600 for reps. Generally never broke a sweat. Legs was a few sets of leg press and maybe some extensions and curls if he felt like it.....DROVE ME NUTS if he had ever really committed himself and worked with a real pro he could have been very successful at the sport. I also remember the pic of him and nasser when they trained together and Greg was every bit as bif as Nasser in the off season. A true freak of nature.

Thats the funny thing and i am sure isoc would agree...he loved to train but he never really trained that hard...it swas like he was born to be huge. TO be honest i don;t think he ever took the kind of drug doses i did and he just grew like a weed. I remember working chest with him one day and he was like..."damn man thats ridiculous i never train that hard". The guy would literally start his chest work with flat bench warm up 405 x 25 for a couple of sets and work up to about 600 for reps. Generally never broke a sweat. Legs was a few sets of leg press and maybe some extensions and curls if he felt like it.....DROVE ME NUTS if he had ever really committed himself and worked with a real pro he could have been very successful at the sport. I also remember the pic of him and nasser when they trained together and Greg was every bit as bif as Nasser in the off season. A true freak of nature.

definitely true, he did love to train, and did a little bit almost every day, but he never really did train super hard. His drug doses were odd. I really had a hard time pinning them down. He pretty much just took whatever was around, sometimes it was a lot, sometimes not so much. He was very sporadic about it, a couple c's of this, a couple c's of that, throw in some orals. He never really had a set cycle that I could tell, but did always run test. He was living proof of genetics, he never even had a set diet. His idea of healthy and a good meal was subway double meat sandwich, although he did eat a fair amount of steak, but I never saw him eat chicken, rice, steamed vegetables, etc. He slept maybe 3-4 hours a night, napped a lot, but grew and maintained on this.

I keep thnking of stupid shit he did that made me laugh...he used to pull his car right up on teh sidewalk at the gym and just leave it there to work out.

diet wise - once told me in an excited voice "dude there are like 20 grams of protein in taco bell bean burritos i eat the shit out of those things" ! i don't think he ever used any supplements/protein/ or anything like that unless someone just gave it to him.

Sorry for the loss of your friend RIP, sounds like a good dude and a real character, he will live on through your memories.

I remember watchign him eat was a sight. He would eat peanuts, chips, etc. like cartoon characters, you know where they actually throw a handful into their mouth, except his would never all make it into his mouth. When he would eat those subway sandwiches he would take huge bites and have lettuce, etc hanging out of his mouth, and he would throw his head back like an animal and open his mouth, kind of tossing the extra in.

I remember at a bar once, he was wearing one of those Big Daddy shirts, he went to the bar and paid for a drink by pulling this big wad, literally wadded up, cash out of his sock. Some girl saw him and said hey big daddy do you have any of that for me? He walked by me and said, see thats how its done.

He was a character, driving up on the sidewalk sounds just like him. At Ball State he painted Nez in parking spots around campus, like they were his personal spots. A unique individual, and when all was said and done, truly one of the nicest and gentlest people I have met.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity