over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids and nutrient partitioning

dece870717

Banned
One main effect of steroids that has always intrigued me is the way it can shift more of whatever you eat more towards muscle and away from fat. But how far do you think or from you experience, can the nutrient partitioning effects of steroids let you get away with in terms of semi crap or just plain sloppy diet?

For example, you take one of the strongest nutrient partitioning steroids tren, I've heard of guys doing bulking cycles with tren and losing a considerable amount of fat and higher doses 1g+/wk of tren letting some guys get away with eating some pretty crappy diets with minimal to no fat gain. Anybody notice significantly less fat gain during bulks depending on the roid and dosage used?

I would take that with a grain of salt-yes they help with nutrient partitioning but if your diet is crappy I doubt very much in losing bodyfat while bulking based of what AAS your taking...there will be those with genetics that can do such things but they are the less than one% that make up what most top pros are- to the layman with slightly better than average genetics-a straight decently clean diet is going to have to be followed.

Who is crazy enough to take a gram + a week of tren bro? :eek:

-Pack

Last edited:
Who is crazy enough to take a gram + a week of tren bro? :eek:

-Pack

Lots of people have. I've gone up to 200-300mg/ED varying days of Tren Ace but sides were too much; hard time eating, severe tren heartburn from anything and everything i ate, could never feel good, felt downright weird all the time, 150mg/ED is highest I can go before sides outweigh benefits.

Lots of people have. I've gone up to 200-300mg/ED varying days of Tren Ace but sides were too much; hard time eating, severe tren heartburn from anything and everything i ate, could never feel good, felt downright weird all the time, 150mg/ED is highest I can go before sides outweigh benefits.

I haven't tried it yet, so I have no idea what dose would be ideal for me personally.

I was thinking about trying 50mg ED for my next cycle, and maybe work up to 75mg ED. :)

-Pack

Well...

When I'm "off" I cant screw up my diet at all. If I do, Im bloated and don't recover, unless the diet is really on track.

And it depends on what Im using. If just test, it's not much more flexible than usual. But add some androgen in there, like Masteron or Winny and it's less brutal on the mistakes. To be honest, I dont think we're getting away with much, I think the fat still gets stored, but without the water. So it SEEMS better.

When on, I can have an occasional screw up, like a wedding or some shit where I drink 3 beers and have a piece of cake and it's not bad at all the next day.

Or get a LITTLE sloppy for a few days; For example, eating the right number of Cals and overall protein, but from the wrong sources or in the wrong ratios of nutrients per meal. I can do that for about 4 days before it starts to show up in my condition.

Last edited:
Ehren...makes a great point.

Just finished a cycle of test/eq/tren and towards the end a ate a sloopy. You know chips and dip,pizza,bbq. And yes it did effect me but not like if i was "off"

not sure this totally related to title of thread but when it comes to aas usage and nutrient partitoning,say im eating maintenance calories then start aas and keep eating maintanance calories does more of that go to muscle building without increasing calorie intake? Does that make any sense?lol

You can get away with a bit more diet wise when on for sure. The times I've used tren when not cutting I had used tren enth, diet was consistant with some cheats and I seemed to be a bit leaner on the Tren e than other cycles without it.

I have always used tren ace during cutting periods so not too sure bout that one but most likely the same results in my case.

not sure this totally related to title of thread but when it comes to aas usage and nutrient partitoning,say im eating maintenance calories then start aas and keep eating maintanance calories does more of that go to muscle building without increasing calorie intake? Does that make any sense?lol

Hmm. It's not Optimal by any means for cutting or gaining, but I've done this sort of thing during TRT, just added a bit more and ate what I thought were Maintenance Cals. It's was a cut for summer and I was in no hurry, but it worked great at maintaining mass, losing fat. Probably because it was REALLY slow, Id never do it for a contest unless I had a long time to prepare.

It went like this: In the beginning I got a little bigger, little stronger, and gained a few lbs. Then I think I built as much muscle as the nutrients I was eating allowed me to. Then it ground to a halt once the muscle mass/metabolism was consuming as many cals as I was eating. I kept on, same diet, and soon I was losing weight/fat for the last weeks of it. (added cardio at this point too). I think if Id kept on, it would NOT have gotten much better without cutting some cals, adding more cardio. The caloric difference wasnt big enough.

So it looks even though I ate the same exact things, at first I was in a slight caloric excess, so my body gained a bit, then caught up and then I was eventually in a deficit. I wasn't using much gear either, just enough to hold my gains. Low doses and I recovered easliy. But I may have just been lucky like that.

Last edited:
When on, I can have an occasional screw up, like a wedding or some shit where I drink 3 beers and have a piece of cake and it's not bad at all the next day.
thats only like 800 calories of junk...and thats your 'messup' day!?!? Are you prepping for a contest???

i always thought it had LESS to do with food partitioning and more with an overall HIGHER metabolism while on than off.

metabolism is slower while off. less muscle, less protein synthesis etc so its just a difference in metabolism IMO.

-JS

You can get away with a bit more diet wise when on for sure. The times I've used tren when not cutting I had used tren enth, diet was consistant with some cheats and I seemed to be a bit leaner on the Tren e than other cycles without it.

I have always used tren ace during cutting periods so not too sure bout that one but most likely the same results in my case.

How do you compare the tren ace to enan? I never tried tren enan and always wondered.

How do you compare the tren ace to enan? I never tried tren enan and always wondered.

I tried both, basically work the same just one has to be shot less often as the other BUT I did notice that with Tren E I would get Tren lethargy but I would never get it with Tren Ace no matter the dosage I used.

I tried both, basically work the same just one has to be shot less often as the other BUT I did notice that with Tren E I would get Tren lethargy but I would never get it with Tren Ace no matter the dosage I used.

Ahh I see ok thanks for the feedback.

That tren e will build up in concentration just like test and if youre not careful it will bite you in the ass. After being on it for 4 weeks plus, youll prob need to decrease the dosage. If youre not careful, youll end up feeling like crap. Tren is just about the most powerful thing I ever used, and I think most toxic. Halo was up there too though.

That tren e will build up in concentration just like test and if youre not careful it will bite you in the ass. After being on it for 4 weeks plus, youll prob need to decrease the dosage. If youre not careful, youll end up feeling like crap. Tren is just about the most powerful thing I ever used, and I think most toxic. Halo was up there too though.

IMO - the Tren E is what got me in the hositpal..I felt horriable on it...its nothing like Tren Ace...Tren Ace sides I can handle and yeah my cardiovascular isnt as good, but with the Tren E it was downright dealth like...I woudnt use Tren E ever again...Thats my opinion...

IMO - the Tren E is what got me in the hositpal..I felt horriable on it...its nothing like Tren Ace...Tren Ace sides I can handle and yeah my cardiovascular isnt as good, but with the Tren E it was downright dealth like...I woudnt use Tren E ever again...Thats my opinion...

Yep, its because it builds up in your system as the weeks go by. Tren is bad stuff all around really. Looking back I wish I hadnt taken any of it.

Never liked it much myself. The cold sweats at times were the worse. It seemed to burn some fat maybe from the way you sweated on it so much. But apart from that I didn't really see much gains. I liked deca/eq combo a lot better but high rbc's were one of the downsides of it.

the worst mistake when on gear is to not follow a proper diet that will give you the proper nutrients for growth and recovery, remember the saying "you are what you eat" or should we say absorb.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws