over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shoulder pain, whats the problem?

chemistery-brain

Registered
i was in the gym and it was chest day, been a while scince i stopped training due to a lower back abcsess. anyway i was doing flat bench press and when i finiched my set a had a rear shoulder pain its like somthing get cramped or torn i dont really know.
any one had ever got this???

i was in the gym and it was chest day, been a while scince i stopped training due to a lower back abcsess. anyway i was doing flat bench press and when i finiched my set a had a rear shoulder pain its like somthing get cramped or torn i dont really know.
any one had ever got this???
Yea, got plenty of shoulder pain from flat bench presses over the years. Easy solution is don't do them. Use dumbells instead or do declines!! Really hard to say what the problem is. The shoulder is so complex it could be a number of things. Might not even be the shoulder but referred pain from your neck!! Can't really say. Ice it and stay off the falt bench!

most likely strained supraspinatus muscle belly. one of the four rotator cuff muscles most commobly strained of the 4. immediate ice(45 minutes 3x day) and passive stretching (by someone else) and rest it up for a while. good luck bro. if its bruising its torn but most l likely not.

Last edited:
no bro its not bruising at all its only not comfortble to lift my arm and rotating my arm. any way ill take a few day off and avoid flat press and thanks for your advise

no bro its not bruising at all its only not comfortble to lift my arm and rotating my arm. any way ill take a few day off and avoid flat press and thanks for your advise

Yeah, I get that a lot if I dont do things right. Like Oldfella said, dont mess around with flat benches unless you wanna impress the girls! Declines or even dips. I like doing really low angle inclines myself. Its probably the supraspinatus like the other guy said. Mine hurts back there above the spine of the scapula. Thats where it attaches to your shoulder blade.

heavy flat bench killed my shoulders ... I never do flat bench as first exercise anymore and keep the rep range around 12 to 15 now and the pain doesnt come back

deep tissue massage helped me to heal perfectly, it was painful but worth it

Hate to say it but sounds like rotator cuff issues...... Had my done twice same shoulder.... I had little range of motion and when I lifted it up over head it had pain..... Not trying to scare u ..... But maybe see ortho doc asap!!!...... Good luck

heavy flat bench kills my shoulders. don't do em.
opt for declines or dumbells.
-JS

i bench heavy every week- that being said the supraspinatus as previously stated is the main culperit. I get it every so often. I feel heavy benches to the upper body are like squats to the lower. Ice and rest and work your way back in slowly. May take 8-12 weeks.

My shoulders had chronic pain for like a year. Within a few weeks of quitting flat barbell bench the pain was no more. I'll never do it again. Close grip, however, I'm all over that.

well im 6'7 with some long arm so when i bench my elbows get far under my torso maybe this is the problem!!
but ill stop doing flat press and stick to incline and dips so thank you guys for the advise...

Yea, that sounds like the rotator cuff. Do yourself a favor see a doc before you make it any worse. I have had my shoulder redone twice also. If you dont take care of it , there is a chance it will never be the same.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws