over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those of you who use AROMASIN

John99Test

Registered
Currently running a 500mg test ent cycle. I am somewhat gyno prone and have been alternating 12.5mg of Aromasin one day to 25mg the next. I am very "gyno paranoid" and am probably going way overboard on this anti-e. I use Researchstop's Exemestane and always err on the side of more is better with mixed solutions. I never trust that a solutions concentration is as dead on as a pill. I've received numerous bottles of Exemestane from RS and I feel that some have worked better than others. However, it could be all in my head and I am in no way shape or form questioning Researchstop's products.

Recently my sex drive has been null in void. This leads me to believe that I am most likely tanking my E2 levels. Has anyone else had any expierence with the balancing act of test level vs. E2 levels in terms of sex drive, solid gains, and general well feeling. Are chems just as good as pills on this one? Do I really need to take aromasin ED? I blast cruise so what would my aromasin dose look like at 225-250mg per week (cruise) vs. 500-600mg per week (blast --albeit week one)

Also let me add in that I use HCG twice a week 0.5mg of Finasteride per day as well, and I'll do three to four week stints of 30mg dbol during the winter with the cruise test dosages.

So with that said what is a good aromasin level for a guy with this game plan. I should be more
Horny on this test, no problem getting it up, it's just the drive has significantly diminished.

Sorry for the essay. Thanks fellas.

For me, no liquid oral has worked the same as a pill

just me though....

As another member recently wrote on here, and I liked it so much I am plagiarizing him, exemestane puts my dick into the dirt (libido only). 500mg, 750mg test, doesn't matter. however, Arimidex craters my HDL, so between the two I use the exemestane.

I think people get way too paranoid about this stuff. I personally am very sensitive to gyno, but I won't use an AI unless 1) I'm dieting or 2) my nips start to get itchy. Then a week of exemestane, and I'm good for another two weeks. I've found that using it on an "as-needed" basis is a nice compromise. Just my .02

I am very "gyno paranoid" and am probably going way overboard on this anti-e.

Do I really need to take aromasin ED?

There are definitely people better suited to answer this than me. I'm only chiming in here because nobody else has yet.

Exemestane has a 27 hour half life, so yes, prob best to take it every day to keep your levels stable.

For me personally, 25mg ED was way too high a dose. It made my sex drive crash. I dropped to 12.5mg ED, and I felt slight improvement, and no itchy nips. So I halved that dose again which seems to be the ideal dose for me, 6.25mg ED. Horny as a 16 year old school boy, with no bloat.. :cool:

I'm currently ON 650mg test / 600mg EQ for 16ish weeks. I think when I drop to a TRT dose test, I'll see how it goes at 3mg Aromasin ED.

Here's a good thread on AI's.

-Pack

Last edited:
Instead of guessing just spend $50 and get an estradial test done at directlabs.com i'd stick with 12.5mg ED the next week and then get tested. That way you'll know what your estro will always be when on 500mg test.

^ That's true. Getting labs done is a good idea just to see. But it's most useful if you are consistently using Aromasin up to the time of the lab work. Otherwise, you dont know how much Aromasin got your E2 to a certain level, and how much to adjust it down to. Aromasin can reduce Estro up to 95%. That's not much e2.

To answer your question, yes, you can use Aromasin less than once a day. I use it once ever 4 days, but never on less than 500mg test a week. If Im on less, I just let it ride.

In my humble opinion, there seems to be some confusion about Half life and effective life of AI's. This fucked me up before.

I noticed this: Because of this irreversable effect Aromasin has on Aromatase, you feel the EFFECTS of the medication for days afterward. I feel less water in a day after taking it, even less the second day and stable the third. If Ive overdone it, I get flat and sickly looking on the 4th day.

27 hour half life is true also. BUT effective life is a different thing and IMO more important with AI's. Its binding to Aromatase for 54 hours total. Then the deactivated Aromatase is floating around for the life of the Aromatase Enzyme, not the life of the AI. I dont know how long the Aromatase enzyme lives, (ive heard about 30 days, but having a hard time confirming it.) But I do know that if you've killled off 95% of your E2 using Aromasin, it's not gonna come back in 1 day of NOT using the AI.

Half life is good to know for stable dosing of things that need to be kept stable to avoid sides, like AAS. Total active time is IMO more important with AI's, because we dont produce new, active Aromatase every day, but a small percentage of new Aromatase.

Stable levels are always good, but stable levels of Deactivated Aromatase and hence E2 are you goal; stable levels of AI are achievable though.

For you, John99Test, you gotta consider that lot of the aromatase in your system currently is PERMANENTLY deactivated. So, until your system makes more active Aromatase that gives you some E2, you're gonna feel the same.

By way of reason, when something makes me feel like shit, I stop using it for a while and see if that thing was the culprit. Or maybe you need less HcG. Or more. Maybe less Aromasin, maybe you're a bit overtrained/underfed?. Tough to say. Libido is a fickle bastard.

When I felt as you did, I stopped the AI. Waited till I felt better (almost 2 weeks) Then reintroduced it at a MUCH lower level. 5mg. waited a few days. I felt ok, but got a bit watery. Went to 8mg (liquid) E3D and felt better, no water. That's where it is for me. Every once in a while the additive effect of the AI gets to me, so I take an extra day or 2 off, and all better.

Last edited:
Exemestane has a 27 hour half life, so yes, prob best to take it every day to keep your levels stable.

The half life in males is only 8.9 hours.

Aromasin can reduce Estro up to 95%.

This number is from studies using postmenopausal women. Men will not see close to a 95% reduction.

For me personally, I cruise on 100mg test E5D, and 6mg Aromasin ED. This puts my total test at 600-800 and my E2 at 10-20.

Suppression of estrogen, via estrogen receptor or aromatase blockade, is being investigated in the treatment of different conditions. Exemestane (Aromasin) is a potent and selective irreversible aromatase inhibitor. To characterize its suppression of estrogen and its pharmacokinetic (PK) properties in males, healthy eugonadal subjects (14–26 yr of age) were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d with a 14-d washout period. Blood was withdrawn before and 24 h after the last dose of each treatment period. A PK study was performed (n = 10) using a 25-mg dose. Exemestane suppressed plasma estradiol comparably with either dose [25 mg, 38% (P 0.002); 50 mg, 32% (P 0.008)], with a reciprocal increase in testosterone concentrations (60% and 56%; P 0.003 for both). Plasma lipids and IGF-I concentrations were unaffected by treatment. The PK properties of the 25-mg dose showed the highest exemestane concentrations 1 h after administration, indicating rapid absorption. The terminal half-life was 8.9 h. Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 ± 14% was observed at 12 h. The drug was well tolerated. In conclusion, exemestane is a potent aromatase inhibitor in men and an alternative to the choice of available inhibitors. Long-term efficacy and safety will need further study.

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males -- Mauras et al. 88 (12): 5951 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

from wikipedia:

"Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain."

Could this be a cause of your lack of sex drive?

The half life in males is only 8.9 hours.

Interesting read.

I wonder if they will change the advertised half life based on these findings, or do more studies. Advertising an incorrect half life is pretty much unheard of these days, not to mention extremely dangerous.

-Pack

Interesting read.

I wonder if they will change the advertised half life based on these findings, or do more studies. Advertising an incorrect half life is pretty much unheard of these days, not to mention extremely dangerous.

-Pack

The same is true of other 3rd generation AIs also, arimidex only has a 24 hour half life in males. I don't think letro has been studied but it likely has a much lower half life in males also.

Remember these drugs are only indicated for females, although it does say that on the package insert for aromasin that it should be the same in males, that newer study above proves that it's not.

For me personally, I cruise on 100mg test E5D, and 6mg Aromasin ED. This puts my total test at 600-800 and my E2 at 10-20.

[/url]

smart man! get blood work to see exactly how meds are working.
Wish more people would do this and report back dosages and blood levels.

IF you are gyno prone, lower the dose in test to a safer dose.

Why are you giving drug advice to someone? you are 20 years old and never done a cycle!!! this is very bad advice as gyno can happen/or be exacerbated even at trt doses.

You should be banned!!

Last edited:
Last cycle was 500 test e per week, personally I found Aromasin at 25 mg every 10D was plenty, no bloat, no ichy nips...

Used proviron at 50 a day and hcg twice a week, 500 each pin.

from wikipedia:

"Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain."

Could this be a cause of your lack of sex drive?

Id be dropping the finasteride,as its the most likely source of the problem

IMO, 0.5mg of finasteride is most likely not the problem. Simply too small a dose. Yes, it can cause sexual side effects, but that is for a non-"augmented" person. I've used propecia up to 2mg per day with no sexual issues even at 325mg, let along 500 or 750... Just .02

iam using nolva 15mg ed before bed,my sex drive is fine,libido fine,aim on 500 mg test at the least a 500mg test a week,500mg masteron,40mg dbol

.2mg/day finasteride had virtually identical serum DHT suppression as 5mg/day. This is from the original FDA study, which unfortunately is hard to find.

I can speak from personal experience the Nolvadex Destroyed my sex drive. For me, increasing test did not improve the situation. I just stopped using the dex. You might try a different A.I. It MAY help since everyone metabolizes endocrin medicines differently. Another alternative is to look into using a compound that will fight against prolactin levels.

You're not "tanking" your E2 levels. Even at the full dose of 25mg/day Aromasin only inhibits an average of 60% of the estrogen in your blood. Some men higher and some lower, but that's the average. So you will have plenty of E2 in your blood using what you're using for growth and an erection.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws