over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why site inject? Makes no sense to me

strongrhino

Banned
Other than switching spots for frequent injections for soreness and such there is no anectodal evidence that suggests muscular hypertrophy is attained by site injections. Can anyone prove this fact otherwise?

Other than switching spots for frequent injections for soreness and such there is no anectodal evidence that suggests muscular hypertrophy is attained by site injections. Can anyone prove this fact otherwise?

I have tried site injections, and other then some inflamation, I would say it doesnt work any better then glute shots. I have heard of people saying it does work better to site inject, but I think not.

Just a quick search, it's from MD but it has references to back it up, about Nandrolone activating satellite cells around injection sites:

Intramuscular Testosterone Injections Increase Satellite Cell Activation

Testosterone-induced increase in muscle mass is associated with hypertrophy of both types I and II muscle fibers, and a proportionate increase in the number of satellite cells. The rotation of testosterone injections is a commonly-used practice among bodybuilders. The common sites for intramuscular injections include the buttock, lateral side of the thigh, and the deltoid region of the arm.

Because of the large number of muscle fibers and extensive fascia (fascia is a type of connective tissue that surrounds and separates muscles), the drug has a large surface area for absorption. Absorption is further promoted by the extensive blood supply to muscles. Ideally, intramuscular injections should be given deep within the muscle and away from major nerves and blood vessels. The use of rotating injections is common because it prevents scar tissue buildup in the area injected, but you may notice that the site the testosterone is being injected into will have a spurt in new growth.

Uncovering the Mystery of Intramuscular Nandrolone Injections for Muscle Growth

In this month's Journal of Histology and Histopathology, researchers wanted to examine the direct actions of nandrolone, when directly injected into muscle fibers of animals.8 In addition to its direct effects on increasing protein synthesis, other mechanisms include an anti-catabolic effect due to interference with glucocorticoid receptor expression.1 Nandrolone decanoate (also called Deca-Durabolin or 19 nortestosterone) is also the most widespread anabolic steroid used to increase muscle mass by athletes— especially bodybuilders.2,3 Nandrolone has a higher affinity for androgen receptors than does testosterone.4,5

Consequently, nandrolone has higher anabolic and lower androgenic effects than testosterone.6 Despite its widespread use, however, the effects and mechanisms of action of nandrolone at the cellular level are poorly understood. Researchers injected nandrolone into the pectoralis muscle of chickens to examine the effects of nandrolone on fast-twitch muscle fibers as the chest is mainly a fast-twitch muscle.

The researchers were interested in the molecular aspects of nandrolone and at the end of the study, sacrificed the animals and examined the chest area where nandrolone was administered. Interestingly, the researchers did not see a change in bodyweight, compared to the control group when nandrolone was administered in the chest, but the group that had nandrolone administered had a 22 percent greater weight, in addition to larger muscle fibers than the control group.

The average muscle size was about 24 percent larger than the control group. The satellite cells were about 28 percent higher in the nandrolone-treated group as well. Now mind you, these were sedentary animals and were not free-range animals; they basically were confined to their cages. It would be like a bodybuilder sitting on the sofa, injecting nandrolone in his chest once a week, thereby achieving a bigger chest!

It is well-known that testosterone enhances satellite cell proliferation as a prelude to an increase in muscle hypertrophy. The study demonstrates that nandrolone-induced hypertrophy is associated with increases in satellite cells and muscle mass when injected. Androgen receptors are located primarily on satellite cells, which seem to be the means by which both testosterone and nandrolone effect changes in muscle size, via the androgen receptor.7 This study suggests that local injections of testosterone have direct effects on muscle growth, mediated by activation of satellite cells.

References:

1. Kicman A.T. (2008). Pharmacology of anabolic steroids. Brit J Pharmacol, 154, 502-521.

2. Lenehan P. (2003). Anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs. Taylor and Francis Inc, London, UK.

3. Van Marken Lichtenbelt W.D., Hartgens F., Vollaard N.B.J., Ebbing S. and Kuipers H. (2004). Bodybuilders' body composition: effect of nandrolone decanoate. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 36, 484-489.

4. Bergink E.W., Janssen P.S.L., Turpijn E.W. and Vander Vies J. (1985). Comparison of the receptor-binding properties of nandrolone and testosterone under in vitro and in vivo conditions. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 22, 831-836.

5. Saartok T., Dahlberg E. and Gustafsson J.A. (1984). Relative bindingaffinity of anabolic-androgenic steroids-comparison of the binding to the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle and in prostate, as well as to sex hormone-binding globulin. Endocrinology, 114, 2100-2106.

6. Shahidi, N.T. (2001). A review of the chemistry, biological action, and clinical applications of anabolic-androgenic steroids. Clinical Theraputics, 23, 1355-1390.

7. Lee E.J., Choi J., Hyun J.H., Cho K.H., Hwang I., Lee H.J., Chang J. and Choi I. (2007). Steroid effects on cell proliferation, differentiation and steroid receptor gene expression in adult bovine satellite cells. Asian-Australian J Anim Sci, 20, 501-510.

8. Allouh MZ, Rosser BW. Nandrolone decanoate increases satellite cell numbers in the chicken pectoralis muscle. Histol Histopathol, 2010 Feb;25(2):133-40.

Well, this one has been tossed around for sometime now. I thought I would not hear it again, but here it goes. And, can it gather up some steam when people begin to tell of these stories how site injection works. Here is a true one for all - shit you not. A friend or someone I knew who was not dealing with a full deck, dices were missing a few dots, elevator did not go past the second floor, and a few fries short of a happy meal. Wow, saying this is hard to believe . . . lol. The intellectual who's grasp on the idea of site injection took him to a new level. The guy injected a cc of test into the head of his dick. Not sure when, a day later, few days later, he comes to me all concern and almost in tears. I ask him what the fuck is going on. He tells me what he had done and proceeded to show me his member . . well, my knees buckled and I shouted. . The head of his member was the size of a large apple. Now, don't we wish, and would not all the women in the world line up for this, but no no no this was not how it should happen. We headed to the emergency room and the rest you can imagine. One for the books. So, if anyone has the nerve, don't DO IT. Lmao

Just a quick search, it's from MD but it has references to back it up, about Nandrolone activating satellite cells around injection sites:

Intramuscular Testosterone Injections Increase Satellite Cell Activation

Testosterone-induced increase in muscle mass is associated with hypertrophy of both types I and II muscle fibers, and a proportionate increase in the number of satellite cells. The rotation of testosterone injections is a commonly-used practice among bodybuilders. The common sites for intramuscular injections include the buttock, lateral side of the thigh, and the deltoid region of the arm.

Because of the large number of muscle fibers and extensive fascia (fascia is a type of connective tissue that surrounds and separates muscles), the drug has a large surface area for absorption. Absorption is further promoted by the extensive blood supply to muscles. Ideally, intramuscular injections should be given deep within the muscle and away from major nerves and blood vessels. The use of rotating injections is common because it prevents scar tissue buildup in the area injected, but you may notice that the site the testosterone is being injected into will have a spurt in new growth.

Uncovering the Mystery of Intramuscular Nandrolone Injections for Muscle Growth

In this month's Journal of Histology and Histopathology, researchers wanted to examine the direct actions of nandrolone, when directly injected into muscle fibers of animals.8 In addition to its direct effects on increasing protein synthesis, other mechanisms include an anti-catabolic effect due to interference with glucocorticoid receptor expression.1 Nandrolone decanoate (also called Deca-Durabolin or 19 nortestosterone) is also the most widespread anabolic steroid used to increase muscle mass by athletes— especially bodybuilders.2,3 Nandrolone has a higher affinity for androgen receptors than does testosterone.4,5

Consequently, nandrolone has higher anabolic and lower androgenic effects than testosterone.6 Despite its widespread use, however, the effects and mechanisms of action of nandrolone at the cellular level are poorly understood. Researchers injected nandrolone into the pectoralis muscle of chickens to examine the effects of nandrolone on fast-twitch muscle fibers as the chest is mainly a fast-twitch muscle.

The researchers were interested in the molecular aspects of nandrolone and at the end of the study, sacrificed the animals and examined the chest area where nandrolone was administered. Interestingly, the researchers did not see a change in bodyweight, compared to the control group when nandrolone was administered in the chest, but the group that had nandrolone administered had a 22 percent greater weight, in addition to larger muscle fibers than the control group.

The average muscle size was about 24 percent larger than the control group. The satellite cells were about 28 percent higher in the nandrolone-treated group as well. Now mind you, these were sedentary animals and were not free-range animals; they basically were confined to their cages. It would be like a bodybuilder sitting on the sofa, injecting nandrolone in his chest once a week, thereby achieving a bigger chest!

It is well-known that testosterone enhances satellite cell proliferation as a prelude to an increase in muscle hypertrophy. The study demonstrates that nandrolone-induced hypertrophy is associated with increases in satellite cells and muscle mass when injected. Androgen receptors are located primarily on satellite cells, which seem to be the means by which both testosterone and nandrolone effect changes in muscle size, via the androgen receptor.7 This study suggests that local injections of testosterone have direct effects on muscle growth, mediated by activation of satellite cells.

References:

1. Kicman A.T. (2008). Pharmacology of anabolic steroids. Brit J Pharmacol, 154, 502-521.

2. Lenehan P. (2003). Anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs. Taylor and Francis Inc, London, UK.

3. Van Marken Lichtenbelt W.D., Hartgens F., Vollaard N.B.J., Ebbing S. and Kuipers H. (2004). Bodybuilders' body composition: effect of nandrolone decanoate. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 36, 484-489.

4. Bergink E.W., Janssen P.S.L., Turpijn E.W. and Vander Vies J. (1985). Comparison of the receptor-binding properties of nandrolone and testosterone under in vitro and in vivo conditions. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 22, 831-836.

5. Saartok T., Dahlberg E. and Gustafsson J.A. (1984). Relative bindingaffinity of anabolic-androgenic steroids-comparison of the binding to the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle and in prostate, as well as to sex hormone-binding globulin. Endocrinology, 114, 2100-2106.

6. Shahidi, N.T. (2001). A review of the chemistry, biological action, and clinical applications of anabolic-androgenic steroids. Clinical Theraputics, 23, 1355-1390.

7. Lee E.J., Choi J., Hyun J.H., Cho K.H., Hwang I., Lee H.J., Chang J. and Choi I. (2007). Steroid effects on cell proliferation, differentiation and steroid receptor gene expression in adult bovine satellite cells. Asian-Australian J Anim Sci, 20, 501-510.

8. Allouh MZ, Rosser BW. Nandrolone decanoate increases satellite cell numbers in the chicken pectoralis muscle. Histol Histopathol, 2010 Feb;25(2):133-40.

intersting study but these were done on sedentary chickens in a cage. This would hardly translate into humans. As far as the deca study- this could be no more than swelling due to the immediate trauma of extrinsic injection of a foreign substance. Saline may have same effect. READ THE STUDY CAREFULLY. HARDLY A DOUBLE BILND PLACEBO UNIVERSITY STUDY WITH ANECTODAL PROOF OR EVIDENCE.

Last edited:
so does anyone out there have positive growth of muscle from sight injections other than swelling?

intersting study but these were done on sedentary chickens in a cage. This would hardly translate into humans. As far as the deca study- this could be no more than swelling due to the immediate trauma of extrinsic injection of a foreign substance. Saline may have same effect. READ THE STUDY CAREFULLY. HARDLY A DOUBLE BILND PLACEBO UNIVERSITY STUDY WITH ANECTODAL PROOF OR EVIDENCE.

"The satellite cells were about 28 percent higher in the nandrolone-treated group"
This is showing an increase in satellite cells, not swelling.
And I wasn't offering it as 100% truth, just offering evidence that site injection MAY activate satellite cells. It seems like you already made up your mind before you even posted the question, so why post the question?

"The satellite cells were about 28 percent higher in the nandrolone-treated group"
And I wasn't offering it as 100% truth, just offering evidence that site injection MAY activate satellite cells. It seems like you already made up your mind before you even posted the question, so why post the question?
\
Bro have not made up my mind. Looking for someone to show me real research this is effective so i MAY make up my mind whether to implement this into some of my professional atheletes I advise and train and myself as well. Thats all. If thats all you could come up with DOC cool then. I could not find better research myself.

these were in chickens in a cage man....

It's unlikely you'll find any studies that were done on humans seeing as how we're just now starting to prescribe it to patients without wasting diseases. The way a steroid is absorbed makes it highly unlikely that site specific growth is possible. The hormone is slowly administered into the blood stream because of the oil, then the body has to cleave off the ester and the hormone has to make it back to the androgen receptor to activate it. Without cleaving off that ester the body cant use the hormone, and without it being in the blood the body can't cleave off the ester
I just thought the study was interesting

Doc- it certainly is an interesting study no doubt. But...I was looking for anecdotal evidence of site injections in practical human use inducing rceptor site hypertrophy thus substantiating many athletes claims and use of anabolics to induce site specific use. Therefore being able to substaniate usage in some of my high profile professionals and myself as well....Just a highly educated student of bodybuilding with a M.S. in exercise phyiology, a B.S. in Chemistry and A Doctor of chiropractic to name a few. Also a former American Gladiator and world record bench press holder fpr 6 years. Really no offense man.

none taken, I didn't mean to come off brash. I like to argue and don't mean anything by it. I think it has more to do with fascia stretching than anything.

none taken, I didn't mean to come off brash. I like to argue and don't mean anything by it. I think it has more to do with fascia stretching than anything.

Agreed brotha. Just wanted someone to explain why site injecting was scientifically more sound than weekly or bi weekly glute injecting. Sounds like a lot of that goin on around here. Peace

(JMO)

I never thought much of it

The consensus here for a long time has been that site injections do nothing for actual site growth. Most people do it to minimize and scar tissue and the potential for infection in particular muscles when doing frequent injections. If it worked, I'd have huge delts when in fact they are one of my worst bodyparts :eek:.

Agreed, as I said earlier it has been debated for years . . and one thing we can say if it did work our rump would be enormous. You will have a bit of inflammation, and maybe a bit stretching of the fascia, but that's about it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws