over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting shorter

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Have any of you noticed yourselves getting shorter over the years?
How much, and in what timeframe?

A couple years ago I was just under 5'7 (about 5'6 3/4 to be exact) and now I'm 5'6 1/4... so about 1/2 an inch lost in a couple years.

That seems fast to me. I'm only 33.

A couple years ago I was just under 5'7 (about 5'6 3/4 to be exact) and now I'm 5'6 1/4... so about 1/2 an inch lost in a couple years.

I am 41 yrs old and have lost 1/2" over the last couple years. I like to attribute that to heavy squats tho!

seriously though im exactly your height and some people-like my ex wife- have been askin if i'm shrinkin. Embarrasing cause im short anway.

When I played sports in hs I was 5'11 and some change...now I'm about 5'10.5....ten years later. I also place the bar high when I squat

I've grown...

I always thought I was 6'0 even... last year I had myself measured and I was 6'1 ahahaha... probably mis-measured in the first place years ago :D...

Seriously though- "shrinking" is common in elderly women but more d/t kyphosis... most other people can "shrink" d/t the vertebral disk's becoming dehydrated... but again, usually "later" in life.

I wonder how common it is for bodybuilders who place heavy compression (squatting) to shrink?

I don't know if this does anything, but this is one reason I ALWAYS hang from a pull-up bar at the end of every workout for three sets to grip failure.

My father was 6'6 during his college b'ball years, now hes 6'4

Mysteriously, my penis has grown by the same amount.

Now I'm up to 3.5 inches.

i think we are tallest first thing in the am due to the discs decompression at night. i wonder if inversion therapy would help. i have degenerative disc in lower back so i may try this. i also wonder if HGH would help prevent this too?

It happens . . and BBer's are more prone . . most have lost the arch in their feet. The spine has a more pronounce curve towards the anterior side.

im 26, i was sure i used to be 5'10 and 3/4 inch and now im only 5'10 and i have gotten comments from people that im short.

the penis thing must have to do with your carb cycling diets. about a year ago i hired you shelby ([email protected]) and you dieted me down from a fat 240ish to a much leaner 190 and i gained 1.2 inches lol. im guessing that being leaner allows better blood flow/circulation. ive been able to maintain the extra 1.2 so far :headbang:

YES

I am positive that I was 6'3 at 30, now 4 years later, I am just a bit over 6'2. I'm convinced that it's the heavy squatting.

Im 35 and Im shorter than I was at 25. In my case I think I can pinpoint it to my L4 and L5 discs or the lack there of. In my body my L2 and L3 are 22 and 18mm tall at their "tallest" point whereas my L4 and L5 are 5 and 3mm tall at theirs. [Yes I almost have no L4 and L5 and yes I'd attribute it to squatting too]. Anyway I dont know how tall they ever were but my chiro says clearly they were taller. So the inch I've lost in the past 10 years is likely just in those two discs getting smaller/compressed/wearing out.

im 26, i was sure i used to be 5'10 and 3/4 inch and now im only 5'10 and i have gotten comments from people that im short.

the penis thing must have to do with your carb cycling diets. about a year ago i hired you shelby ([email protected]) and you dieted me down from a fat 240ish to a much leaner 190 and i gained 1.2 inches lol. im guessing that being leaner allows better blood flow/circulation. ive been able to maintain the extra 1.2 so far :headbang:

lol!

Still exactly 5'9 at 43. No shrinkage yet. Hight loss is basically degenerative disk disease and postural changes.

Try this:

Attachments

• image1182_xlarge.jpg
    image1182_xlarge.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 356
I'm only 29, but when I had my last physical, I was measured at half an inch shorter than what I was measured at 7 years ago.

My doctor said it's because I'm carrying more upper body weight now, and it compresses the cartilage in the spine.

I'm not even a heavy guy, I was only 207Lbs at the time of my last physical, so I imagine it's amplified more in the bigger guys.

-Pack

Last edited:
Inversion boots....

Try this:

Didn't have this machine but we did have inversion boots at my old gym to hang from the pull-up bar.... LOVED THEM! Felt GREAT afterwards.

I've lost an inch from age 18 to 30

Mysteriously, my penis has grown by the same amount.

Now I'm up to 3.5 inches.

diameter? :eek:

I would think the heavy deads and squats would put some serious compression on your spine to a point. After you reach that point, it seems to me the progression would greatly slow until the aging process really comes into play. As a matter of fact, I used to joke with my workout partner after a really heavy set of deadlifts if "I look any shorter after that set". :D I think I am a bit shorter now vs. years ago… either that or my feet are getting bigger.

Last edited:
I think I am a bit shorter now vs. years ago… either that or my feet are getting bigger.

lol... "the ground looks a little bit closer today"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner