YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What should macros look like for CLEAN BULK?

jared530

Registered
Ht: 5-9"
weight: 165lbs
Bf: 12%

Im naturally supposed to be around 178lbs but cut cals a bit so I can see my physique, and see what body parts needed to play catch up. Was previously on a 60/30/10 P/C/F probably around 2000 cals

Anyways I need to clean bulk to put some mass on. I was wondering what macros ratio would be necessary? And how many cals?

Im going to be on 8wks tbol@50mg ED about 4 weeks into the bulk.

Have some questions as well:

1. My fats are coming from fish oils, almonds, olive oil, and very little animal fat. During which part of my day is it good to eat fats?

2. How long after PWO should i discontinue eating carbs?

3. How much cardio do I need while clean bulking?

you have to fine-tune it man...there are no cut/dry answers...it depends on your activity level...and your metabolic type...do you do well with more carbs?...less?...tolerate certain forms of protein better than others??? what is your training split...are you making new gains or regaining??? questions go on and on...

also doing an oral that does not aromatize for 8 weeks is pretty stupid. You'll end up with very little estrogen and aching joints (or maybe somebody ripped you off on the tbol and sold you some underdosed dbol in that case you'll get some estrogen analogue:)).

A good starting point would be a 33/33/33 split or 1.5 g protien, 1.5 g carbs, .75 g fat per lb of weight then adjust the macros to see how you react to carbs.

alex suggested 3500cal@40/40/20 so im going to see how i do with that.

FOR mass gains i actually had good results keeping my cals around 500-750 above maint with a macro split of 30/50/20 p/c/f

just me tho. i keep a big portion of cbs at meal 1, then smaller amounts during the meals throughout my day. then a nother good dose pre and pwo. and thats it.

The Anabolic Diet treats me pretty well. 35% protein- 5% Carbs- 60% Fat M-F

If you are doing that year round, I have to give it up to you! You have a lot of discipline!

I agree, it's a brutal diet.

I've found that I can stay in ketosis eating well over double the carbs it recommends (20g per day).

-Pack

Last edited:
I'm not a bodybuilder by any stretch. I find the diet VERY easy to follow but then, I've always been like that. I have no problem eating a certain way to get a desired effect. It also makes the weekend that much more awesome. LOL! As for what I've gained, well, I'm eat at maintenance but while I'm the same weight, I'm much leaner and more muscular. I've been following this for about 4 months and I'm sad that I found this at 40 but better late than never.

I agree, it's a brutal diet.

I've found that I can stay in ketosis eating well over double the carbs it recommends (20g per day).

-Pack

I've been doing a keto, where I only have one cheat meal a week! And yes, it's a deprivational diet in every fucking sense of the word. It's working great, and I barely have to do any fucking cardio. I actually had to cut it out because I was losing weight so fast! I could not even fanthom doing anything similar to it year round! BTW, many people can go over 70grams and stay in Keto, they put 20g to be on the safe side.

I'm not a bodybuilder by any stretch. I find the diet VERY easy to follow but then, I've always been like that. I have no problem eating a certain way to get a desired effect. It also makes the weekend that much more awesome. LOL! As for what I've gained, well, I'm eat at maintenance but while I'm the same weight, I'm much leaner and more muscular. I've been following this for about 4 months and I'm sad that I found this at 40 but better late than never.

I'm glad it's working out for you bro. :)

I tried it for a little over a month and decided it wasn't for me. It definitely does what it's supposed to do though, I just couldn't live with it.

I might give it another spin when it's time to lean out, maybe with some added T3.

-Pack

Last edited:
keto is great well i must say that first fter 5 weeks my body and my brain was use to it. in 16 weeks getting back into traning and bodybuilding after near 2years of doing nothing i when from a fat 242 to a more lean 190pounds
not ripped but lean. i had 1 cheat day every week 6000+kcal on that day. year i when crazy :) 5weeks to go and 10pouns more to loss. then i go all in again.

but offseason i was thing of doing a keto like diet now i am thinking of doing a 40-40-20 then a just the carbs. i get fat easy and have to do cadio all year around. then still have my saterday off where i just eat what i want.

take a picture then after 3 weeks see if you are getting to fat cut some carbs then ajust

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity