over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

changes to diet...350gPRO--> 500g PRO

PsyT

Banned
hey Im making changes to my diet since my weight has stalled. I am on a moderate dose of AAS only (300mg/week test + 200mg/week DECA).

I was eating 70gPRO every meal for 5 meals. Now Im gonna do 100g pro every meal.

Here is the plan I've been following...no food changes are being made the quantity is being raised...

M1 6 whole cage free eggs (40g) + whey/casein (50g) + milk (10g)
carbs (1 bowl oats + banana)
EFAs (1 spoon olive/mac/primrose/coconut)
100g PRO

M2 8oz beef (70g) + whey/casein (20g) + milk (10g)
carbs (bananas, or apples, or potatoes, rice, by instinct...sometimes none)
EFAs (1 spoon)
100g PRO

M3 same as M2
100g PRO

M4 chicken (70g) + whey/casein (20g) + milk (10g)
veggies (usually brocoli/spinach)
salad/sprouts
EFAs (1 spoon)
100g PRO

M5 6 whole eggs (40g) + 50g whey/casein (50g) + milk (10g)
EFAs (1 spoon)
100g PRO

if you curious...290g PRO from whole foods and 210g PRO from protein powder blend. Im also planning on switching to an whey/EGG/CASEIN (I'm thinking 33/33/33) blend from TrueProtein soon.

I was adding a pound a week before my weight stalled...I am hoping to crank the gains back up to 1 pound a week. Any constructive criticism you can give me would be welcome. Also, I hope somebody can learn something from this post since the diet has really worked well so far for me.

Last edited:
I think you would do better upping your carbs, especially on training days. Taters, oats, rice.....that sort of stuff. 100 grams per meal on w/o days and 1/2 that on non training days. You could also add some heathy fats in food form for calories, not just oil.

Using protein to build muscles is one thing, using it for fuel is not so good of an idea. It's just something you only need so much of and the rest is overkill.

I think you are trying to do Paleo or Keto and that is not the best way to grow, you need carbs.

Last edited:
hey I forgot to add that I have a large chunk of cheddar cheese diced up in my salad (fats) and the fats from the 12 cage free eggs and the fats from the ~85% gf beef...you still think I need more fat from whole foods??? Maybe I should start adding grassfed butter to my beef instead of coconut oil???

thanks for the quick response AD

Youre right I dont get much carbs...I guess my figuring was the EFAs would provide the bulk of my energy...

but I am definitely not in keto though...I still get strong insulin reactions from my carb meals...I get pumps or whatever after the meal when the carbs start getting absorbed into muscles...

I figure I probably eat about 200g carbs a day...less on some days when my muscles feel really full...:headbang:

Im also planning on switching to an whey/EGG/CASEIN (I'm thinking 33/33/33) blend from TrueProtein soon.

Team Skip is made for you already :)

hey op how long you been running deca/test..are you very pleased with results from low dose deca?

Up the carbs especially pre/post workout. I have seen wonders after I did that. I used to eat like you, always low on the carbs but never really hit a level I wanted to be at until I got those carbs up. Of course high protein too and I like where you are on the 500gms as well.

I am currently using DGC from AST, (Dextrorotatory Glucose Crystals) is a unique glucose crystal, prior to that I was using Vitargo S2 and also tried Karbolyn. I find my muscles are so much fuller by really paying attnetion to pre and post workout nutrition. I also have an extra meal with 1 cups of oats and whey on workout days.

hey I forgot to add that I have a large chunk of cheddar cheese diced up in my salad (fats) and the fats from the 12 cage free eggs and the fats from the ~85% gf beef...you still think I need more fat from whole foods??? Maybe I should start adding grassfed butter to my beef instead of coconut oil???

thanks for the quick response AD

What is "a large chuck" that could mean an ounce or a pound.

Carbs are energy and you need carbs to build muscle. Enter a days worth of food on fitday.com and then come back and show what your macro breakdown is as well as your stats....height, weight, LBM, %bf.

Then people can give you some ideas based on your needs.

:headbang:

Why not just work out a daily calorie intake, divide up the macro's and spread that out over the entire day. Keep things nice and level, just get the pro, carbs and fats at each feed? Just curious!

hey oldfella, I might be really dumb when it comes to nutrition (my gf tells me I'm smart though at lots of things haha :D)...but I never understood the daily calorie intake...I just dont plain get it.

Some days I will do NOTHING...I will lay around and watch movies and read and sunbathe...other days we will go hiking...or I will work...or I will lift...or I'll swim in a lake...or fish...or whatever...

I guess my question is...how would I be able to find my daily caloric intake...when my activity level changes so much? So far I've just set a protein per day total (350 but now 500g) and shot for that and ate carbs on instinct and take them down a notch when I see fat gains...and let the rest work itself out...

Like the days we go hiking for 12 miles or some such craziness...I will eat more carbs that day (even into the late evening I'll keep consuming carbohydrates until I feel well-being/muscle fullness...

The way I see it is protein/fats provide the base of my diet and carbs are the one NONESSENTIAL food stuff I eat...so I take away or add those (hey! I might have just answered my question there! Maybe the point is like so many posters say is to ADD carbs!)

so maybe I need to start learning about the calorie...I've always just dealt with stuff in grams (protein, carbs, fats)...

thanks for the advice

Last edited:
You sound like you have a nice balanced and active lifestyle.

but if you really want to gain muscle, you are going to have to make compromises. You should have read here at PM that the over riding theme to building muscle is "eat to grow"

it sounds like you want to stay lean, and you can't do both.

If you want to grow you either have to do the research and design a program yourself or you have to hire a coach that will bring his knowlege to the table. Upping your protein only won't do what you want (if what you want is to grow)

hey oldfella, I might be really dumb when it comes to nutrition (my gf tells me I'm smart though at lots of things haha :D)...but I never understood the daily calorie intake...I just dont plain get it.

Some days I will do NOTHING...I will lay around and watch movies and read and sunbathe...other days we will go hiking...or I will work...or I will lift...or I'll swim in a lake...or fish...or whatever...

I guess my question is...how would I be able to find my daily caloric intake...when my activity level changes so much? So far I've just set a protein per day total (350 but now 500g) and shot for that and ate carbs on instinct and take them down a notch when I see fat gains...and let the rest work itself out...

Like the days we go hiking for 12 miles or some such craziness...I will eat more carbs that day (even into the late evening I'll keep consuming carbohydrates until I feel well-being/muscle fullness...

The way I see it is protein/fats provide the base of my diet and carbs are the one NONESSENTIAL food stuff I eat...so I take away or add those (hey! I might have just answered my question there! Maybe the point is like so many posters say is to ADD carbs!)

so maybe I need to start learning about the calorie...I've always just dealt with stuff in grams (protein, carbs, fats)...

thanks for the advice
HAHAHA pick a number between 3 and 5!! Only kidding. Look for the amount of calories you think you need to grow. Take that and up it by say 500. then divide the total number by 7. This is calorie averaging. It works very well. So on days you are less active you can eat say 2500 cals. On days you are more active you can eat 35oo cals. It is a simple way to manipulate your food based on activity. As long as you hit the total for the end of the week you should be sweet. You can also just go with a daily total. like 3000. Make sure you split your macros up according to the ratio you want. might be 50/30/20. Might be 34/33/33....etc. Then prepare your daily food according to this. Too many people overcomplicate this. it is not that hard. Just make sure you get the numbers and macros in every meal. Does it need to be exact? NO of course not. just get it as close as you poosibly can.

My suggestion. Stop planning daily totals for macro nutrients.

Start with a set of macro nutrients that you want to get per meal. lets say 40/40/20 just for easy numbers. Each meal you eat should have exactly that breakdown. Now for the next 14 days ONLY EAT WHEN HUNGRY. now over that course of time, catalogue every meal you ate, and how often you ate. this 2 weeks will set you up with a baseline of daily totals. you will either gain mass, lose mass, or not change at all. based on the result you can start adjusting one macro or a nother until you get the right combination for your goals. posting this trial will allow others to see what to adjust based on results, and with all the giant brains around here im sure you will have no problem working out the perfect diet fo your body.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131