over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working Out with long term illness or disease

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just wondering if anyone else her has issues as such and came up with ways to workout. If anyone recalls I was having issues about 1 1/2 years ago.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/counselling-forum/31083-getting-very-down.html

Anyways I had to adapt my training because my muscles get pumped very fast with latic acid and fatigue easily. I can't train 1 body-part a week with multiple exercises and sets. I have to do each muscle 3 x week whole body routines. I do 1 exercise, 3 sets each muscle for 10-15 reps. I have to drink BCCA and lactic acid buffers and electrolytes during workout or I cramp up quick. They make big difference. Been taking lots of pyruvate seems to help and L-Caritine.

I have a lot of respect for people like you.

It makes me realize how fortunate I am but also helps me as a source of motivation. I tell myself if guys like you, Jblack, Chris250 and Maldorf are still out there working on personal goals and inspiring/helping others, the least I can do is get my ass to the gym and do what I set out to do. I think that is a metaphor for life in a way. To be the best that you can be personally.

I think alot of us that concentrate on bodybuilding sometimes get caught up in things that may not be so important. What you bring to the forum is motivation, dedication and work ethic.

Thanks for that! I wish you the best!

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritus, to say its painful and a lifestyle changer is an understatement. I found great relief with Celebrex and as soon as I get my wife pregnant again I will probably take the plunge and start taking the strong stuff, Metheltrexate since the Celebrex does not work like it used too. The Metheltrexate is some nasty shit and can cause birth defects so don't want to be anywhere near that till after I plant my seed so to say. I also have all sorts of shoulder and ulnar nerve issues but I have found ways to work around them, doing different exercises and angles...it helps but not perfect. I also get pumped fast and fatigue fast from lactic acid. I wish Twin Lab still made Phos-Fuel which was an amazing lactic acid buffer. I take a pre and post w/o cocktail that contains beta-alanine, citrulline malate, bcca's and other stuff and something in there helps for sure. I have to find something like Phos Fuel though but to be honest the lactic acid has really gone down and is almost a non issue now. I also take the beta-alanine and citrulline on off days.

I do not know how your condition effects you on a daily basis but the only relief I get is from stretching so I do it as often as I can, in and out of the gym. Strength wise I am hitting big numbers again but each set is a very controlled process as to not aggravate certain joints, etc. It is not as easy as it used to be. I assume you condition could possibly be a lot harder on you than what I go through but you'd be surprised how many people have issues they must workout around especially the old timers in my gym from the old school power lifting style. They warm up, wrap up you name it which takes longer than their actual work out but you can't let it stop you from doing possibly one of your favorite things to do, working out.

So to get back to you, did they figure out how to fix this enzyme deficiency? Oh and as far as muscle memory (someone mentioned it in that old thread) man it is amazing. I had to take some time off because of injuries, surgeries etc, a very long time then we I started back up again (natural) and only 3 days a week and nothing crazy I was up almost 25lbs in 4 months, 2.5 inches on my arms (then after a year I was looking real close to my juice days) and of course the whole gym thought I was juicing which is good because that means I was looking good again. Even today it amazes me what muscle memory can do even from being out of the gym a few years.

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritus, to say its painful and a lifestyle changer is an understatement. I found great relief with Celebrex and as soon as I get my wife pregnant again I will probably take the plunge and start taking the strong stuff, Metheltrexate since the Celebrex does not work like it used too. The Metheltrexate is some nasty shit and can cause birth defects so don't want to be anywhere near that till after I plant my seed so to say. I also have all sorts of shoulder and ulnar nerve issues but I have found ways to work around them, doing different exercises and angles...it helps but not perfect. I also get pumped fast and fatigue fast from lactic acid. I wish Twin Lab still made Phos-Fuel which was an amazing lactic acid buffer. I take a pre and post w/o cocktail that contains beta-alanine, citrulline malate, bcca's and other stuff and something in there helps for sure. I have to find something like Phos Fuel though but to be honest the lactic acid has really gone down and is almost a non issue now. I also take the beta-alanine and citrulline on off days.

I do not know how your condition effects you on a daily basis but the only relief I get is from stretching so I do it as often as I can, in and out of the gym. Strength wise I am hitting big numbers again but each set is a very controlled process as to not aggravate certain joints, etc. It is not as easy as it used to be. I assume you condition could possibly be a lot harder on you than what I go through but you'd be surprised how many people have issues they must workout around especially the old timers in my gym from the old school power lifting style. They warm up, wrap up you name it which takes longer than their actual work out but you can't let it stop you from doing possibly one of your favorite things to do, working out.

So to get back to you, did they figure out how to fix this enzyme deficiency? Oh and as far as muscle memory (someone mentioned it in that old thread) man it is amazing. I had to take some time off because of injuries, surgeries etc, a very long time then we I started back up again (natural) and only 3 days a week and nothing crazy I was up almost 25lbs in 4 months, 2.5 inches on my arms (then after a year I was looking real close to my juice days) and of course the whole gym thought I was juicing which is good because that means I was looking good again. Even today it amazes me what muscle memory can do even from being out of the gym a few years.

I just tired all the time have other issues, which I thought were all separate in the past, but now may be related now. Things like IBS . Extreme stress appears to make it worse That’s how all this happened I was real stressed out and had a severe bout of myopathy, which gradually subsided over several weeks, but paralyzed all my muscles for several days. I do regular 5-10 min warm up on treadmill and stretching between sets and after or my muscles will be tight. I also have to go to a rolfer couple times month to break up the fascia. My muscles get tired and fatigue quick and they get as to feeling they are frozen. The enzyme issue there is no real treatment for there is ongoing research. I have a pituitary issue as well, but don’t think it’s related but I will have to research it. The pituitary issue been ongoing since around 2005. I seem to can't get stronger and lose fat no matter what I do.

Dragon, Im sorry to hear that you're going through this. I dont know if you've talked to JBlack here on PM. But his story is, well, extreme and long term. Point is, he may have some good things to tell you about dealing with long term health issues and training.

All I can say say is that I hope this gets better for you, day by day.

Maybe someone can give you some better words of wisdom with a condition like that but i can relate bro i suffered a injury several years back and could not walk for about 2 years, i do what i can do,i will not get back to where i was that is a fact, all i can do is be my personal best! work around things the best you can bro and dont give up,keep ur head up.

Dragon, Im sorry to hear that you're going through this. I dont know if you've talked to JBlack here on PM. But his story is, well, extreme and long term. Point is, he may have some good things to tell you about dealing with long term health issues and training.

All I can say say is that I hope this gets better for you, day by day.

Its not as bad as it sounds I just can't workout hard and get tired all the time. Can't really achieve any bodybuilding goals I have though. I still do all my daily activities. Just cant do physical stuff hard and once in while have an episode when under lot of stress where muscles freeze up for few dya sand cant really contract them. The 1 1/2 episode was over several weeks though. That has not happen since. Sometimes just get flare for a few days here and there.

In january I got an infection from getting my wisdom removed which caused a rare nerve disorder in the brachial plexus called parsnage turner syndrome. My entire right shoulder girdle including the side of my neck, trap, delts, rotator cuff and bicep are in constant pain, weak as hell, and atrophied. I can't even put a gallon of milk on the top shelf of the fridge with my right hand. To say I'm depressed is an understatment- lost 40lbs of muscle, lost my job, lost my identity, self-confidence, no energy due to chronic pain, addicted to painkillers, playing with my kids isn't the same, ect. Its shocking how rude people are when you get small and I'm just talking about randoms in everyday life. I still manage to make it to the gym a few times a week most weeks, if I have the energy. I really have no set routine or plan when I go in there other than try not to feel embarassed by how weak and small I am. I plan on getting motivated and getting into a routine and hitting my left side hard just because I have loved lifting for last 20 years and I need it in my life. I understand your frustration, even if it feels like no one else does and I hope your body heals.

Know how you feel...

I have had brain cancer twice, 3 surgeries and 6 weeks of daily radiation therapy after my last surgery. I'm young, only 26. My tumor was located in the Medulla, which is one of the most delicate area's of the brain. To say the least I am very lucky, I've only had a few physical setbacks (which I wont go into). The number 1 thing I have realized in all of this is, everyone goes through life in different ways and with different struggles. I try VERY hard to focus on what I can do and what I can accomplish vs. what everyone else is doing.

Before I had cancer I worked out regularly, I was very athletic, i played sports, I had energy. Now I can only workout 3 days a week (chest/tris, legs/shoulders, back/bi's) or my body just gets exhausted. I'm overweight, I've battled depression off and on, I have very little energy, Doc's wont let me work, can't get SSI (been denied 3 times). But I still try. I think thats what it's all about. Once you give up you are left with nothing, left alone to wallow in your own misery. I know i will never be a bodybuilder, but I still dream about it. I know one day I'll be in good shape, because I'm not going to give up until it happens. It might take me way longer than everyone else, but I'll just be that much happier when it does happen. Shoot! I'd hire one of our great trainers on here if I could afford it. But when you're 26 and can't work, live with mom and dad, have outstanding medical bills, and are trying to scrape up money for school you dont have too many options. So I just keep my head up and do what I can. Thats all you really can do. :)

So..... Keep on keepin on! Do what you can, what works for you, and go from there. Don't worry about what the rest of the crowd is doing. Good luck with your endeavors!!! Much props!!!

Hey Dragonfire...I understand your frustration. I too was there with something similiar to your situation. Back when I got into this sport because my bones were so weak and I had literally no muscle surround the bones to shield them I had to be very delicate with my training at a very young age...my parents got me a trainer just to help strength my upper-body up for the wheelchair I would be supposedly bound to for the rest of my life.

I know it sounds weird, but sometimes mentally we are tougher or feel things more than we might really feel them if that makes sense. For example every leg workout I get some weird pain or tweak and I immediatley stop and pause for a second and figure out if it was a normal or abnormal issue. I also am blessed to have two great workout partners who know my issue, but still push me occassionally when I do not want to push myself.

I am a big volume trainer, most recently tried DC which I loved, but with me prepping for Nationals I have gone back to volume again. I would try something I tried back in the day. Every other week add one set to a bodypart of your choice and keep it in there. So say chest gets 4 sets two weeks later you make back at 4 sets and so on. When you get to 6 sets over the course of a few months make the 6 sets two different exercises and repeat the cycle.

It worked very well for me and slowly put the necessary shield around my bones.

If you need anything bro just PM me. Good luck and remember the mind is our greatest enemy at times.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131